Steak.....

Best steak in Dallas?

Hands down it is the one you buy at Rudolph's meat market on Elm Street. They are a high end butcher shop that has been carving up beef for almost 120 years.

They source their beef directly from the same rancher in Mississippi; so it never hits a feed lot. They butcher whole sides of beef on-site. Unusual for butchers these days. They also age their own prime beef. They are a purveyor to some of Dallas's best restaurants.

Take it home and do this;

- alittle olive oil rub on steak
- generous salt and cracked pepper
- cook over high heat in cast iron skillet to sear, then into an hot oven to finish off at the desired doneness (140 degrees for med rare).

- or throw the steak on your charcoal grill.

I like my steak with some onion rings and chopped salad.

http://rudolphsmarket.com/
Steak, was my fav, until I moved into grass fed. Yes, grass fed is better for your system, but having been raised on corn fed, I miss the taste, cut it with a fork, and the yep, the fat that makes it happen.

As my Cholesterol became its own fiend, I restrain.

Therefore my restaurants of choice for steak are The Keg and Ruth's. Price alone helps my restraint policy. Of course, a fine bottle of red to share with my guest helps the digestive process and reduction of bad cholesterol; thanks to California, the best wine makers of Merlot; or Argentina, for the best Malbec. Forget France- they add water for us bourgeois in America.

Just thinking about it: time. Haven't splurged in months.

Thanks for the thread.
Ok ive tried alot of cheeseburgers humperdinks won my vote and jc burger....

Now I love steak there is nothing than a big ole juicy steak to pat yourself on the back with and say good job...

Any suggestions people. Originally Posted by SexyPlatinum
Salt Grass or Outback and get the bone in Ribeye...as good as any I've had at the pricey places
Best steak in Dallas?

Hands down it is the one you buy at Rudolph's meat market on Elm Street. They are a high end butcher shop that has been carving up beef for almost 120 years.

They source their beef directly from the same rancher in Mississippi; so it never hits a feed lot. They butcher whole sides of beef on-site. Unusual for butchers these days. They also age their own prime beef. They are a purveyor to some of Dallas's best restaurants.

Take it home and do this;

- alittle olive oil rub on steak
- generous salt and cracked pepper
- cook over high heat in cast iron skillet to sear, then into an hot oven to finish off at the desired doneness (140 degrees for med rare).

- or throw the steak on your charcoal grill.

I like my steak with some onion rings and chopped salad.

http://rudolphsmarket.com/ Originally Posted by Whirlaway
My favorite recipe except I finish the cooking on my Traeger grill
Rudolph's was owned and run by distant relatives of mine. Been eating their meat for 50 yrs. VERY good. Instead of olive oil, use grapeseed oil, garlic powder, coarse grd pepper and white pepper and sprinkle with paprika-then cook on charcoal grill with hickory wood. Cannot beat the flavor!!
  • BLM69
  • 11-17-2015, 04:18 PM
I took the so to fogo de chao in Addison for dinner, it's all you can eat steaks and other meats. Not sure if it's what the op considers a steak house. But it's mighty good.
  • MRMR
  • 11-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Have not been to Bobs in years as he is a prick!
We had a terrible experience (large corporate Group) and he flat out said tuff shit in reference to problems he had. We asked for nothing but hoped he would offer a drink/deseret or small deduction but said Thanks for the feedback but our problem not his.
We have never been back (Willing to bet the 6 other couples have not either). Keep in mind some Franchised and this was Dallas location. Still never going back to any location.

Chamberlains in Addison is great and they have a Cigar bar in back if that is of interest. My Favorite spot by far. Great people.
Del Frisco's is nearby at Spring Valley and the Tollroad. Very good.
III Forks is on the Tollroad just north of Addison as is Ruth Chris. Both are very good as well.

As far as Brazilian Steakhouses I prefer Texas de Brazil (Inwood & Beltline) as they have a better salad bar in my opinion. Both Fogo and Texas de Brazil have excellent meat (Pass on Rafain).

Also check out Kenny's Woodfire Grill at Beltline and tollroad. Another great place and the bar is known as the Cougar Bar!!

Hope this helps but all above are on the upper end but well worth it.
There is an Outback on Addison road north of beltline and a Saltgrass at Midway & LBJ in you are looking more National Chains. Texas Roadhouse is very good as well but they are usually on the outskirts of town.

If looking for something different try the Y O Ranch (Wild game & steaks) downtown or the Palm which is also downtown (Both in the West end area).

Ready to grab a great meal on the way home after this!
Happy steak hunting and none will disappoint.
I am another who favors Pappas; great steaks and Grey Goose martinis with bleu cheese olives. The Palm doesn't suck, either.
Glad somebody mentioned Chamberlains. My absolute favorite. Great steaks, and then the cigar lounge is really awesome for an after dinner drink.
Ok ive tried alot of cheeseburgers humperdinks won my vote and jc burger....

Now I love steak there is nothing than a big ole juicy steak to pat yourself on the back with and say good job...

Any suggestions people. Originally Posted by SexyPlatinum

Table 13 in Addison FTW!
Javier Filete Pimienta is my all time favorite steak. Perfect ever time, for over 30 years.

Everything everyone else said is spot on advise.

Give Javiers steak a try.
Reata in Fort Worth prepares a pretty tasty Buffalo ribeye.
+1 on Reata and I've had good experience at Nic and Sams
For the money, can't beat Texas Roadhouse. I always get the Bone-in Ribeye. Love it..
Saltgrass preferred. Easy budget, consistent service, taste, and atmosphere.