Being friends after....

I think it would be possible to be friends with a provider. Maybe even be closer friends than your other friendships since you would also have that sexual bond tieing you together. I don't often have the chance to have pillow talk with my friends outside the hobby
I have made friends with providers. Sometimes do the lunch or dinner thing or even a movie or whatever. One has even taken a couple of trips with me. She loves to travel and I do it for work, but still enjoy it. I'm headed somewhere she wants to go so I say hop in we'll be back in a few days. Being a gentleman, a friend and respecting bounds is all it takes.
I have very few friends. I am very cautious about friendships, and have none in the hobby. Doesn't mean it is impossible.
^ I will say that true friends and friendships that stand the test of time are tough to find. You're lucky when you can look back and have one true friend. I've been very lucky over the course of my life to develop at least 3 or 4 friendships that have lasted 10+ years. At least 1 over 20 years.....
LOL, you know my feelings on this.

there are a few ladies i consider my friends ... maybe even more than friends.... i'd rather do business with friends than ladies that aren't.

by the same token, there are many more that are acquaintances. we are all people and when we see each other on a regular basis, friendships are bound to develop. the key is respecting the other person and not trying to take advantage of them.
I've been friends and done off the clock activities with a bunch of men. There have been ones that were clients and others that I haven't seen professionally but just really like anyway.

With each one this happens with there are boundaries in place according to the individual. Most of the time it is fine. Why not?

I like it and haven't had any real problems with it. Keep your heart safe.

Elisabeth
I am friends with a provider, me and her have been seeing each other for quite some time and it developed due to similar interests outside of the hobby. I don't have a SO, so thats not an issue. Its all about respecting the boundaries that you and her set for the friendship.
I have read where hobbyist pay for providers time (Full Price or at a discount) to have lunch, dinner, drinks etc. I have never understood that. If you are having to buy friendship there must be some other issues that need to be worked out. But then my prospective comes from that of a single person.
I have read where hobbyist pay for providers time (Full Price or at a discount) to have lunch, dinner, drinks etc. I have never understood that. If you are having to buy friendship there must be some other issues that need to be worked out. But then my prospective comes from that of a single person. Originally Posted by Still Looking
I'm confused by your comments. How is that "buying friendship"? Providers sell their time and companionship. Hell I have seen some that even charge for phone conversation. It is the business! If I'm so in like with a guy of course I'd have dinner and drinks with him for free but he would still have to pay me for BCD activities. It's an individual thing. Maybe that's why you don't understand.
I'm confused by your comments. How is that "buying friendship"? Providers sell their time and companionship. Hell I have seen some that even charge for phone conversation. It is the business! If I'm so in like with a guy of course I'd have dinner and drinks with him for free but he would still have to pay me for BCD activities. It's an individual thing. Maybe that's why you don't understand. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
The only person that charges me for talking on the phone is my attorney! And your not confused! Business is business! BCD is what a Hobbyist should be paying. And EXACTLY what I pay for! I have had several providers go out to lunch, dinner, drinks, functions and even traveled with me. I have NEVER paid for that "TIME"! I even had a hand full of providers offer freebies. I don't allow that, once again business is business. The closest I've come, was to have a provider spend the night for 1 hour ($$$) just before my birthday. So I guess what I'm saying is I don't buy "companionship" (Friendship) I'm NOT implying "Your" time as a provider should NOT be compensated, just that I personally don't travel that road!

The only person that charges me for talking on the phone is my attorney! And your not confused! Business is business! BCD is what a Hobbyist should be paying. And EXACTLY what I pay for! I have had several providers go out to lunch, dinner, drinks, functions and even traveled with me. I have NEVER paid for that "TIME"! I even had a hand full of providers offer freebies. I don't allow that, once again business is business. The closest I've come, was to have a provider spend the night for 1 hour ($$$) just before my birthday. So I guess what I'm saying is I don't buy "companionship" (Friendship) I'm NOT implying "Your" time as a provider should NOT be compensated, just that I personally don't travel that road!
Originally Posted by Still Looking
I understand.
I understand. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
But I could certainly understand some taking a different road based careful review of your Avatar
That goes without saying although I have a few gentlemen who are single and live alone and have told me to call them but other wise if I am unsure or they are taken I always communicate through email. I think this is great there have been so many comments posted about "business and off the clock etc I fully expected to get alot more NO replies. Makes me feel good that I am not alone in my way of thinking....
I think it is OK for the client to call the provider , but not the provider to call the client....ding ' SO'....ding. the provider might get an earful from the SO. Originally Posted by pickupkid
I'd like to think I'm friends with alot of them even providers I haven't met yet
But I could certainly understand some taking a different road based careful review of your Avatar Originally Posted by Still Looking