Is the local hobby scene as bad as this board makes it seem?

Covid schmovid, The hobby has been in sharp decline for over a decade. There are no Summertimes or Exotic Memories. Or the place the British guy ran by the old Airport. You could walk in anytime of day a have a choice of a young hottie. Indys was in decline after the Cleveland bust. It limped around for a few years but it was mortally wounded. The large GTGs ended. SA was a bright spot if you wanted to go that route. It isn’t for everyone. But that seems hit or miss now. As Chizzy said, the golden era was between 1995-2005. Those days ain’t coming back.
I’m not a native, but I’ve been around for close to a decade now. Pittsburgh has never been a great hobby town, as long as I’ve been here, and it seemed to be on the decline.

I, like a lot of guys, have been out of the hobby since Covid hit, but I still look at the board, and HOLY SHIT does it seem bad out there. I understand that these are not normal times, but the board makes it seem like it’s the end of days. Is it really that bad, out there? Originally Posted by El-mo
Not sure if this was directed to clients only...
Elmo please advise if this was an overstep.

I would answer the question “no” it’s definitely not as bad as this site makes it seem.

I’ve seen no decline, if anything there has been a significant uptick in inquiries since March.

There seems to be the same handful of folks here that are not happy with their options. This is not representative of the scene by any stretch of the imagination. The “scene” is much larger than this or any one site. The majority of client inquiries have never even heard of this site.

So, I guess My answer is NO, it’s the opposite of what this board would like folks to believe. Not being able to or not wanting to pay the current rate of any given provider is not indicative of the scene, but rather of the individual.
Basic economics would tell you that both supply and demand have dropped. Dreamgirls anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything; people have less money to spend (as a whole), people are less willing to see girls, and I'm assuming girls are less willing to see guys. The girls here charging higher than NYC/Florida prices at half the quality might be doing fine, but the total number of random chicks and dudes who partake at a lower level have dropped out. Scene won't recover until prostitution in America is legalized. Until then, save your money for a nice trip overseas, whether to a latino country, or SEA. Pattaya/Bangkok are amazing.
Basic economics would tell you that both supply and demand have dropped. Dreamgirls anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything; people have less money to spend (as a whole), people are less willing to see girls, and I'm assuming girls are less willing to see guys. The girls here charging higher than NYC/Florida prices at half the quality might be doing fine, but the total number of random chicks and dudes who partake at a lower level have dropped out. Scene won't recover until prostitution in America is legalized. Until then, save your money for a nice trip overseas, whether to a latino country, or SEA. Pattaya/Bangkok are amazing. Originally Posted by Whatwhathuh
Don’t count others peoples money, honey. (As a whole) Again, I’m speaking from experience. You are making assumptions.
Basic economics would tell you that both supply and demand have dropped. Dreamgirls anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything; people have less money to spend (as a whole), people are less willing to see girls, and I'm assuming girls are less willing to see guys. The girls here charging higher than NYC/Florida prices at half the quality might be doing fine, but the total number of random chicks and dudes who partake at a lower level have dropped out. Scene won't recover until prostitution in America is legalized. Until then, save your money for a nice trip overseas, whether to a latino country, or SEA. Pattaya/Bangkok are amazing. Originally Posted by Whatwhathuh
Costa Rica and Niagara Falls ain’t too bad either!
A bud of mine goes to Costa Rica on a regular basis. Damn, the place is full of solid 8 to 10 women that he plays with. Toronto and Montreal have a pile of solid 9s and 10s for 250 an hour as well. Road trip boys....
Next trip is maybe to Angeles in the Phillippines; they all speak english there.
A bud of mine goes to Costa Rica on a regular basis. Damn, the place is full of solid 8 to 10 women that he plays with. Toronto and Montreal have a pile of solid 9s and 10s for 250 an hour as well. Road trip boys.... Originally Posted by RC10011
I hear Costa Rica has gotten expensive, anyone know if that is true? I had a blast down there about 10 year ago.
Is it really that bad, out there? Originally Posted by El-mo
Haha... I don't even bother to click open the reviews anymore, unless I'm in a mood for cringing. Here are a few recent review titles from the Pittsburgh Encounters forum.... and this is just from Page 1 lol!

“_____ Is a Hard No!”

“Fake Pictures! Disappointed!”

“Drunk _____ the Master of Disaster”

“_____ is really annoying”

“Cutie wasn’t cute in Uniontown”

“Not a Good Time with _____”

“Not wanting to with _____”

“_____…. Maybe Not….”
No matter what "some" say, it's a bad scene for most clients. I'm sure that some providers do have a base of clients who are willing to pay what IMHO are rates that are more than realistic in this economy and provider performance. JMHO
No matter what "some" say, it's a bad scene for most clients. I'm sure that some providers do have a base of clients who are willing to pay what IMHO are rates that are more than realistic in this economy and provider performance. JMHO Originally Posted by pittlicker
Who are “most” clients?
All those clients who have responded so far. What's wrong with that?
  • El-mo
  • 07-24-2020, 06:59 PM
Not sure if this was directed to clients only...
Elmo please advise if this was an overstep.

I would answer the question “no” it’s definitely not as bad as this site makes it seem.

I’ve seen no decline, if anything there has been a significant uptick in inquiries since March.

There seems to be the same handful of folks here that are not happy with their options. This is not representative of the scene by any stretch of the imagination. The “scene” is much larger than this or any one site. The majority of client inquiries have never even heard of this site.

So, I guess My answer is NO, it’s the opposite of what this board would like folks to believe. Not being able to or not wanting to pay the current rate of any given provider is not indicative of the scene, but rather of the individual. Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl

I’ve done a brief perusal of the advertising platforms that I’m familiar with, and there don’t appear to be a lot of options, at any rate. I under that the boards are a self-selecting population, and may not be indicative of what’s happening in Pittsburgh, as a whole, but I can only work with the information that’s available to me.
Who are “most” clients? Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl
The ones who don’t want to get extorted. You, have a big hand in ruining the local hobby. The savvy people know this. Wether they’re guys or girls. But hey, you’re busy. Good for you. Indys was dead when you took over. You drove the last several spikes in it.. But guys who have far more years in the hobby than you, know by experience. Period. Jump on your broom and fly away. ECCIE always had twice the membership than Indys. To say hobbyists don’t know about ECCIE is complete bullshit. If they’re from Texas, they do. I communicate in many forums. One You, or anyone else on PGH can read. Hos are honest there. Business is slow.
I was doing well, even through March and April. Then my go to, decided to take a trip to the shore, I am scared to call her now, maybe later?