North or Downtown???

Downtown sucks for parking, and there are too many one way streets.
The Vagina Triangle is considered to be the area in North Austin around 35/290 and 183. On north side, recommend the Domain/Arboretum area as there are a number of safe places near 360/MoPac and 183 North.

Stay out of Williamson County for obvious reasons. Originally Posted by BugleBoy
Even if I'm at a really upscale incall near 35/290?
Even if I'm at a really upscale incall near 35/290? Originally Posted by KaitlynDior
As cute as you are, I'm sure there's a few guys who will still come see you there. There's nothing wrong with 290/35, there's just a few hobbyist on here who are obviously afraid of their own shadow
There's nothing wrong with 290/35, there's just a few hobbyist on here who are obviously afraid of their own shadow Originally Posted by Little Monster
Some folks like to "walk on the wild side" and others may wish to take common sense precautions. It is true there are several very nice, up-scale venues in that area, but getting safely from the parking lot to inside has been challenge if you read the stats published on that area. Safety is even more of a concern just to the north, when headed up I-35 to the Rundberg area--one exit north.

I for one will pass on providers located in that area (sorry, you look very nice). Might I suggest that on future trips, you head up north on US-183 to the MoPac/TX-360 area near the Domain and Arboretum to hobby. Why take chances when there are so many more safe options to the north, areas with less law enforcement presence.
Some folks like to "walk on the wild side" and others may wish to take common sense precautions. It is true there are several very nice, up-scale venues in that area, but getting safely from the parking lot to inside has been challenge if you read the stats published on that area. Safety is even more of a concern just to the north, when headed up I-35 to the Rundberg area--one exit north.

Ok, you are trying to make Austin sound like East LA or Memphis, TN. Please pull up ONE link where a monger got robbed going from his vehicle to the hotel room. I eagerly await. Stats don't tell shit, once again this is Austin one of the safer cities in the country. And Rundberg area is NOT 35/290 area, you sir are trying to use fear tactic, not gonna work on someone who is actually from here

I for one will pass on providers located in that area (sorry, you look very nice). Might I suggest that on future trips, you head up north on US-183 to the MoPac/TX-360 area near the Domain and Arboretum to hobby. Why take chances when there are so many more safe options to the north, areas with less law enforcement presence. Originally Posted by BugleBoy
The Domain/Arboretum are is not the only safe area to stay, get over it!! South Austin is every bit as safe, Downtown area is perfectly safe. Sorry BB but if seeing a few colored people in the 35/290 scares you, perhaps you are a little too old for this hobby and might consider hitting up the Bingo Halls where there are plenty of women your own age.
+1
I've hobbied many times there and never had any problems. Only negative thing I've seen is State Trooper seminars at the Crown, and even that was fine.
To each his own. My choice is not to play there and I don't.

Feel free to enjoy the V-triangle area and I-35 up to Rundberg.

LM: Not sure where the racist spin came from, but that is not my perspective. I don't know you, so let me just say, you are off base as I hobby and socialize with diverse crowd of people here in ATX..

Yes, I am an old fart, but that has nothing to do with my posting on this thread..

So, that is the end my contribution to this thread and I wish the OP a good visit in ATX.
+1
I've hobbied many times there and never had any problems. Only negative thing I've seen is State Trooper seminars at the Crown, and even that was fine. Originally Posted by beam me up scotty
Shit, half of those state troops are probably mongers themselves

LM: . I don't know you

Yes, I am an old fart, but that has nothing to do with my posting on this thread..

I think it does

So, that is the end my contribution to this thread and I wish the OP a good visit in ATX. Originally Posted by BugleBoy

Still waiting on a link to a story about a hobbyist getting robbed in a hotel parking lot. Everytime I go to a hotel in that area the only one lurking in the parking lot is security.

That's cool, enjoy NW Austin being the hobby hot spot while you can. I posted before that I had a funny feeling the tides would be shifting soon. And it just looks like the St. Elmo Project just might be the first wave

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/busi...und-nex/nnkHq/