fathers day

Brooke:

Nice post. I have missed some games but sometimes I have had to work long hours to be a good provider.

Dannie sorry about your experience. Hope things get better.
...but a father that gives a damn has to go "unpopular" occasionally - and sometimes, dammit, we just don't get the presentation right. My son turned out pretty well and sometimes it was IN SPITE of what or how I tried to do as a dad. At least I was trying to DO something. It seems to me that the consensus is that the important part of being a proud child is to have had a parent step up to the plate and take some swings.

Brooke, I just hope that you find out there was a good, or at least an understandable, reason your father didn't see you play a lot. The driven types who try to excel at every-frickin' thing go overboard. They get eaten up with the task at hand. Maybe he thought that since your mom went that that was enough family representation. Maybe he worked because he felt that he had to either to please a boss or to maximize his earnings potential. Like a lot of screw-ups that happen to us all, it probably seemed like a good idea at the time. Hell, maybe he couldn't get out of his own way with unresolved issues concerning why he didn't make it to the Show and watching you was a little too much. There are potentially a number of reasons and, when you are ready, you should get with him and sort them out. You will then be an adult daughter and a child no more.
Brooke:

Nice post. I have missed some games but sometimes I have had to work long hours to be a good provider.

... Originally Posted by Bestman200600
Nice sentiments. Very nice. But I had to read this sentence twice to understand the meaning!

Happy Father's Day to all dads out there,
Elisabeth

P.S. Now the big question is, does a daddy want a blow job on his special day? Does this "holiday" make you feel amorous? Slight hijack, sorry.
Thank you Brooke, for starting a wonderful topic.
My Dad was invisible when I was growing up. He was a combination workaholic/alcoholic with no time for me. When I was 16, I beat the crap out of him for being rough with my Mom (surprised the hell out of both of us). I thought we were done at the time, but it made me stronger... and I was shocked how much he changed when he became a Grandfather. In the end, things could not have turned out better. He and I and my teenagers are all best friends and part of each others lives.

Life is short. Don't waste it with assholes and don't waste it holding onto the past. Get everything you can out of the moment and look forward.
yall are awesome!! i thank yall soo much for contributing to my posts!!!

ya'll make my world go round!

brookie
  • CDL1
  • 06-20-2010, 02:45 AM
Brooke,

Once again what a deep and thoughtful post. I am just so impressed with U. Wow.

I truly believe that THE most important function we have on this planet is to raise our children.

Take care and thanks for the Father's Day compliment.

Thanks Sweetie... nothing really to be impressed with though. I just wanted to remind people how much they need to appreciate their dads, and for the dads to appreciate there children. I know my dad loves me... just sucks that I was a daddy's girl till about 11 years ago, when he re married and had my two amazing twin sisters. His life was his work.. and keeping my evil step mom (who was jealous of our relationship) happy. I was also busy traveling all the time with softball so we both used excuses. I have tried to talk to him, but he just isn't the same man. Step mom has him convinced I only use him, and honestly I know it would hurt his marriage if he was apart of my life more. I understand you have to put your wife before EVERYTHING. I don't hold it against him.. I love him..
But it really does mean allot to me that y'all care, and that you really do feel for me. WE NEED TO REMIND OURSELFS that even though we are in this hobby full of criticism and ridicule...ncns...drama...and not really the most legal activities... that WE are normal people... and we have a heart and soul like everybody else. YALL really touched MY heart.. and have been amazing to me! Yall are all I have lately, especially since I was outed to all of facebook. 7 people I grew up with all think im a "donations whore". lol Yall are the ones who email me with support, compliments, random hellos, or making sure Im ok... nobody else does. & honestly, even if it is because you want brookies goodies ... yall still do it, while my "friends" dont! Thank yall for Being the father i don't have...the friend...lover...best friend...the listener... the advice giver.. the shoulder to cry on... the face to C*m on...(joking)... the chatter to chat online with... and even the mod who yells at me (PPE) ... I LOVE ALL OF YALL!! Thanks for changing my life, and making my amazing life possible!! Wouldnt be able to live where I do... finish school..pay bills....pay for my DWI.. realize im beautiful...appreciate the small things... and overall wouldn't be happy~!!

Happy Fathers Day... and better yet!!

HAPPY HOBBY DAY!!!

MUAH brookie

p.s sorry its so long.. please dont think this is a threAD. I have been tryin hard on following the rules.... (thanks HOTlipS)

Well Brooke, you did it again. Well said!! My parents divorced when I was very young but my dad was always there for my brother and I. He paid child support, visited every week and took us on vacation every year. I which I had said "I love you" more when he was alive. Sometimes we don't appreciate what we have until it is gone.
YEs sooo true!! Did what again?? For the record... MY DAD also always paid child support. Even though he never had to pay for college I do wish he would of helped out with a normal girls needs ;0) Oh well, it is more then most kids get. For that i am thankful!
I didn't grow up a great father figure. I had to learn life lesson's a father would have shown me on my own. Im okay with it now. It takes work to be a father.

To all the good fathers out there. Happy Father's Day, you guys deserve it!
Brooke,
What a Wonderful Young Lady. God Bless, HOOK'EM
My father doesn't know if I am alive or dead...and I am more than sure that he doesn't care one way or the other. My stepdad was abusive to me growing up so.....well you can imagine. I guess that is why I do everything I can to make sure that my children are happy and safe. I will never abandon them.

To all of you fathers that work extra hard to be a good dad and protect your children and care for them...it will never be forgotten. Even though sometimes it may seem unappreciated, in the long run, they will thank you for it.

Have a wonderful Fathers day!

ps...to all of the ladies that do both jobs...Happy Fathers Day to you too!
Nice sentiments. Very nice. But I had to read this sentence twice to understand the meaning!

Happy Father's Day to all dads out there,
Elisabeth

P.S. Now the big question is, does a daddy want a blow job on his special day? Does this "holiday" make you feel amorous? Slight hijack, sorry. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I don't know that it makes me feel particularly amorous. I think a slow, ponderous BBBJ, with maybe a little rimming thrown in, would be a nice sign of appreciation for all our hard work and unending stress that dads deal with but keep to ourselves. Just a chance to be "catered to" if you will.

But, then, if we got that more often the hobby wouldn't be as popular as it is.

DPW
I have to give props to all the women out there that do both jobs as a mom and a dad because I myself am a a dad and know how hard it is to raise your kids right and give them everything they need.

So Happy Father's day to the Dads out there and the moms that take on the father roles!