George Will column - What if Texas goes blue?

Where were you in 1948, Gey Rey? Had your parents swum the Rio Grande yet? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Had YOUR Daddy/brother " proposed to YOUR Momma /sister that far back assup ? ! Or was it your other brother/uncle that he proposed to ? !
Did you read the article? Or just blow smoke out your ass?

Demographics are changing. People from blue states are moving here and bringing their left wing politics with them. And Hispanics are a bigger and still growing percentage of the population.

So, yeah, you might well see Texas flip. Dallas used to be solidly Republican. Now it is solidly Democratic. Just like Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.

In other words, ALL the big cities are Democratic already. What next, if not the entire state? Bye-bye Louis Gohmert. Originally Posted by Revenant

Democrat controlled sanctuary cities make ir·rel·e·vant's ass wet...

Democrat controlled sanctuary cities make ir·rel·e·vant's ass wet... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Still talking about other men's asses, I see, hillbilly.
When I was a child, Texas was so Democrat that there was a season on Republicans.
That is for the Electoral College in the current election (2016). I'm not talking immediately. I don't expect Texas to flip in November.

i am talking about over the next 5 years - 10 years tops. If demographics keep moving in the current direction, what then? Originally Posted by Revenant
the texas republicans still have the advantage of district manipulation when redistricting occurs in 2020.

they'll do what needs to be done to protect their numerical advantage in state & in congress.
the texas republicans still have the advantage of district manipulation when redistricting occurs in 2020.

they'll do what needs to be done to protect their numerical advantage in state & in congress. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
If that is the best they can do, they are finished.

Statewide offices like governor and US Senator are straight majority wins, so redistricting won't help. Same with presidential vote - win the popular vote and get ALL the Electoral College votes. Redistricting only affects races for the US House of Representatives.

And redistricting can only help you beef up your margins when you have a slight overall advantage in population. If you are flat outnumbered, redistricting can only reduce your margin of loss.
I don't expect Texas to flip in November.
Originally Posted by Revenant
I'm only now getting used to the demise of the Texas two-step!
When I was a child, Texas was so Democrat that there was a season on Republicans. Originally Posted by Rogue_Gent
Yeah. Texas was a conservative Democrat state but certainly Democrat.
This is what happens when the IFFYs of the world spend all of their political capital fighting gay marriage and other stupid social issues:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/will072016.php3

If Texas goes Democratic, they will be virtually assured of having 270 electoral votes from a solid block of 19 states and DC. NY, CA, IL, and TX will all be blue states.

The GOP has squandered the last 20 years fighting and losing on social issues. If that had focused on fiscal conservatism, economic nationalism, and controlling unfettered immigration, they wouldn't be in such a mess.

Instead, we got all that evangelical Christian bullshit from a bunch of adulterous hypocrites that distracted from the disappearing middle class. Originally Posted by Revenant

What others do up your ass doesn't concern me, ir·rel·e·vant

This might concern your 0bama voting, Ted Cruz Smooching, Uni-Party/Globalist pansy fucking ass ... https://theconservativetreehouse.com/

Woah – Robert Mercer Excoriates Ted Cruz For His Non Endorsement Convention Speech…Posted on July 23, 2016 by sundance

There were some who clung to the belief that Senator Ted Cruz could survive his belittling, too-cute-by-half, selfish convention speech. That group just lost a whole lot of members with this published story.

Robert Mercer, the renegade, outlaw (non traditional) political billionaire who determines where all other outlaw political billionaires go with their view$, has just delivered a non recoverable smack down upon Senator Ted Cruz.
“We are profoundly disappointed that on Wednesday night he chose to disregard this pledge. The Democratic Party will soon choose as their nominee a candidate who would repeal both the First and Second Amendments of the Bill of Rights, a nominee who would remake the Supreme Court in her own image. We need ‘all hands on deck’ to ensure that Mr. Trump prevails”.

“Unfortunately, Senator Cruz has chosen to remain in his bunk below, a decision both regrettable and revealing.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-5d5IfdYK4
  • DSK
  • 08-06-2016, 10:09 PM
There are 2.5 million Hispanic citizens in Texas that are not registered to vote. Their participation would change everything. Originally Posted by wildcharlie
True, they seem to hate voting for white people, and consider the Republicans to be the white guy's party, so we are truly fucked.

60 years ago in America, we were the Kings - now we ain't shit.

I just don't understand why some of you guys love a country that hates you for being white, and actively creates programs that discriminate against you all the while telling you that you're a racist bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-5d5IfdYK4 Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
that video should be renamed "Tyra Bangs"
Did you read the article? Originally Posted by Revenant
Does George Will know shit about Texas?

If pigs could fly, George Will wouldn't need a boarding pass.

He sure squeals like one.
Does George Will know shit about Texas?

If pigs could fly, George Will wouldn't need a boarding pass.

He sure squeals like one. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Well, that was an idiotic response.

How do you know what Will (or anyone else) does or does not know about Texas?

This isn't an argument about Texas trivia.

It's about demographic trends and the results of the last several elections. Anyone who is paying attention can see the trouble signs for the GOP in Texas.
How do you know what Will (or anyone else) does or does not know about Texas?

This isn't an argument about Texas trivia.

It's about demographic trends and the results of the last several elections. Anyone who is paying attention can see the trouble signs for the GOP in Texas. Originally Posted by Revenant
I listen and read him frequently ...

.... he even whines when he says something positive, which is rarely!

Trends? Personally, I think a two party system when the two parties are close to equal in strength and representation is healthy, it minimizes the whining fringes like Will and marginalizes their influence, if they actually have any.

McGovern and the liberal Democrats in the State pretty much cooked the Democratic Party in Texas. As the Democrats move farther to the left it becomes less likely they will recapture the State has a whole ... the strong hispanic vote is in South Texas ... and about all that does is assure local Hispanic politicians ( who do little for them) return to office.

When was the last time George Will visited South Texas and the Border? How about HillaryNoMore?

BTW: There is good reason the Border Patrol Association endorses Trump.
I listen and read him frequently ...

.... he even whines when he says something positive, which is rarely!

Trends? Personally, I think a two party system when the two parties are close to equal in strength and representation is healthy, it minimizes the whining fringes like Will and marginalizes their influence, if they actually have any.

McGovern and the liberal Democrats in the State pretty much cooked the Democratic Party in Texas. As the Democrats move farther to the left it becomes less likely they will recapture the State has a whole ... the strong hispanic vote is in South Texas ... and about all that does is assure local Hispanic politicians ( who do little for them) return to office.

When was the last time George Will visited South Texas and the Border? How about HillaryNoMore?

BTW: There is good reason the Border Patrol Association endorses Trump. Originally Posted by LexusLover
just wondering. this doesn't really explain why a number of texas cities like San Antonio & Houston & Dallas turned democrat from republican in recent years.