I'd be Foolish to See Her

But I'll tell you it's effect of me: I wanted her. I don't mean for an hour or two.

There are one or two other women where this has happened. I never visited ANY of them. Too risky. Sure, I know there's a pretty good chance they wouldn't live up to what I think I'd find with them. But what if one DID?

I'm afraid it would screw me up. I'd be smitten, and falling in love with a sexual service provider is not the kindest thing to do to one's heart. I'm certainly not a goggle-eyed kid, but I'm serious about this. Do you think I'm over reacting and depriving myself of a fine opportunity? Does anybody else run into this? Originally Posted by jfred
Exactly why I choose to keep my personal and hobby life separate, even though I'm single. (Hell, sometimes the anticipation of that possibility based on board personalities, are enough to keep me from meeting a lady...)

Not a thing wrong with any of the ladies we all know and love here on Eccie, in fact there are some heartbreakers here for certain...but the additional complications their profession would bring to a romance almost always end up in a crash and burn scenario.

I could easily have been smitten a dozen times in the last few years. Oh well...

TP
Well Jfred it shows that you really are human and arent some mechanical heartless type. I myself observed the same thing you did from a worse angle but I myself had to walk away. Sometimes it just isnt fair and theres nothing you can do except kinda laugh and move on.....
Lot's of people run into this and be glad you are one of them..could be good, could be bad, enjoy what you can and be glad you have the opp...best with little or no expectations and yes, laugh a little and move on..one door closes, another opens... and that is a good thing...
Well one things painfully obvious....I wasn't supposed to have a good time on Friday. I was seriously tempted to get in the rental and try to head back that way. There better be another one quick, fast, and in a hurry! As soon as I get my car back I'll be ready! Me and my Toyota are just like a Timex...Take a beating and keep on ticking. I sold a car on Saturday hobbling around like a damn gimp. LOL!
  • gitzo
  • 06-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Next time you get that warm fuzzy feeling about a provider. Call me and I'll do you a favor and give you a swift kick to the nuts.

It would be much less painful!

I want to tell ya'll about something that happened Friday night and see what you think.

At a private party I saw a lady who has been around a while but, for some reason, was struck this time with how beautiful she was. At one point in the evening she was the recipient of a lap dance by a model-hot dancer. As it happened I was standing at the bar 4 feet away when the dance began, and I certainly wasn't going anywhere at that point. As I told the lady, it was the first time I've even been more entranced by the face of the one receiving a dance than I was by the (really exceptional) ass of the one giving it. (Yeah, I DID look. )

I'm not going to try to describe what happened on her face that I couldn't look away from -- I'm not feeling very poetic today. But I'll tell you it's effect of me: I wanted her. I don't mean for an hour or two.

There are one or two other women where this has happened. I never visited ANY of them. Too risky. Sure, I know there's a pretty good chance they wouldn't live up to what I think I'd find with them. But what if one DID?

I'm afraid it would screw me up. I'd be smitten, and falling in love with a sexual service provider is not the kindest thing to do to one's heart. I'm certainly not a goggle-eyed kid, but I'm serious about this. Do you think I'm over reacting and depriving myself of a fine opportunity? Does anybody else run into this? Originally Posted by jfred
With some ladies and gents, it's strictly sex and fantasy. With others, there's actually some affection. I suppose falling in love is possible for two. It would be a long shot if the feelings were mutual, or became mutual.

You can always ask her how she feels. It may be worth pursuing to find out if something real and sustaining exists. And if both of you are in a place where you want that. Many possibilities. I think it's worth discussing with her.
See, this is what happens! You're at a party in a nice place or you're on a board talking to some nice people...and Neo shows up.

Dude, people are gonna think we're friends!

Look, everybody, I've met the guy, okay? And I try to be polite to everyone, right? And, yeah, we do have ONE inside joke.

I just want to be clear that I am NOT part of his posse!

And, Neo, go back and re-assess to whom that all cap YOU applies. Originally Posted by jfred
Dude...you're the feckin' Keyser Söze of the posse, so stop frontin' homey.
JFred,

I think I also observed that dance of which you speak... And Yes, I think I know of what you speak.

It happens, these things strike at odd times, for no known reason... And best not perused...

Good luck Man.

Side note - I see I am still an afterthought to Dannie... Or a non-thought...

I have no MoJo anymore it seems...

PPE
See, this is what happens! You're at a party in a nice place or you're on a board talking to some nice people...and Neo shows up.

Dude, people are gonna think we're friends!

Look, everybody, I've met the guy, okay? And I try to be polite to everyone, right? And, yeah, we do have ONE inside joke.

I just want to be clear that I am NOT part of his posse!
Originally Posted by jfred
Does this mean you won't be announcing BFE doubles with Neo tomorrow?
Not trying to hijack....but I just LOVED Dannie's UTR friend Felicity. Super cool chick and hot as well. Abby and I got to get licked a little that night! So much fun!
I'd be Foolish to See Her

I want to tell ya'll about something that happened Friday night and see what you think.

... I wanted her. I don't mean for an hour or two.

... Sure, I know there's a pretty good chance they wouldn't live up to what I think I'd find with them. But what if one DID?

I'm afraid it would screw me up. ... Do you think I'm over reacting and depriving myself of a fine opportunity? Does anybody else run into this? Originally Posted by jfred
jfred, i've never met you, never seen you at any gathering, and have only read some of your posts. and i havent even read any of the 24 replies, but feel that i should say this since i dont think you joke about this [esp. since it's june 5 and not apr 1].

so, stop, Stop STOP and triple, no, quadruple think about this BIG TIME!!!!

do you really want to be w/ her for a long time??
do you really think that she would live up to what you think you'd find??
do you really think it is a fine opportunity??

even without any indication from her??

now, you can go ahead and visit her for an hour or two.
you can tell her about your feelings.
you can tell her about what you're thinking.

just be prepared for her response.

or just keep it a fantasy and keep it to yourself.
IDK why everyone thinks they were an afterthought; I was just trying to have fun at the party
I guess Reese is right, you can't please everyone, but it IS possible to make them all mad at the same time!

(Mikah she liked you a lot, too )

To stay on topic...jfred, there are many factors at work. Could it be worth it? Yes. Is it high risk? Probably so, but so is everything worth taking a chance for. Coming out of a LTR that began in the hobby, I should be the first person to tell you to run. But I don't think it's that easy sometimes. I don't see that just because two people meet in this hobby, that it's automatic damnation. After all, people are still just people at the end of the day, and relationships go sour all the time, hobby or not. If you met a chick in a bar you wouldn't question your sanity, but bar relationships are notorious for failure also. Just an example.

I'd say it depends on what your expectations would be, and the lady involved. I think that sometimes the gentleman goes into a relationship with a provider thinking (a) she's attractive and (b) she's a nymphomaniac because she was a provider. When you're not getting laid six times a day as you had thought you would in the pre-relationship fantasy, problems arise, and then it becomes just as blissful as any civilian relationship. Then you start hobbying again, she finds out, etc., etc. It's a vicious cycle.

I think that you'd almost have to be a swinger for it to work with someone from the hobby. We like variety too much, nothing wrong with that. I think what happens, though, is that sometimes it can be just as empty to have all that variety and some of us long for something more. Nothing wrong with that, either. Again, we're just human.

I say just take things one day at a time and always keep expectations low so that when something good happens, you are pleasantly surprised, and if it doesn't, you're not too let down because you expected it anyway (works for me in my RL) and just play it by ear.

In the meanwhile, make an appointment with her.
GITZO, i could not have said it better, JR
WOW..too think I am actually mentioned here...I was not in fact around for the dance. I was down for Dannie & whatever she wanted to happen. I had a wonderful time meeting everyone! TY for a memorable day!
WOW..too think I am actually mentioned here...I was not in fact around for the dance. Originally Posted by felicity
Yes you were, LOL!!!!
Well, for one of 'em anyway