Socials...

+1

The first rule of Fight Club... Originally Posted by skydiver
They still happen, but not like in the golden age of ASPD.
Great memories.
Socials typically follow "fight club" rules
I'd like to go to one.
They still happen, but not like in the golden age of ASPD.
Great memories.
Socials typically follow "fight club" rules Originally Posted by DallasDoc
yep, i remember the ones at a now closed restaurant on henderson. great group of folks and no b.s. from what i remember.

problems were generally caused because one or more people didnt follow the first rule - "what party? oh yeah that one. come on down!" - which lead to any number of problems.

maddie, apparently someone was across the street from one venue taking photos of people entering/exiting and possibly of their cars [all third hand heresay based on what people have told me and what i saw on the now defunct leakers website].
then apparently, someone or someones used that info to out some attendees.

again, all heresay, but the point is that there will always be one person in a group who screws it up for the rest of the group.

so, IF anyone wants to have a small group of folks meet, be discreet and then be even more discreet. unless of course you dont mind it blowing up in your face or real life.
Fight club doesn't exist ... its just pure works of imagination like the reviews here ... for entertainment purposes only
I'd like to go to one. Originally Posted by diddleman
Been a couple of years or so since I attended one but what great fun they were!! Just a real good group of people and everybody had a great time..... Had a motel next door and a strip club down the street.... Win/Win-situation for everybody....

My opinion was it was petty jealousy that got in the way and it ruined a great situation..... I'm just thankful I was able to be a part of them.... I was able to meet some nice people that I remain friends with today..... Sad and I guess you can't ever go back..... BTW Fawn and KellyTNT were hostesses extraordinaire!!!!! I hope they are both doing well.....
While they may be good to connect with people you know only behind the keyboard or reconnect with a few you have seen for a session, a social is a bad idea unless you really know all the people you are going to socialize with, and that would mean actually no one. As have been noted in other threads, LE has handles on this site and would love to go to one, and when he/she does, the uniforms will not be far behind.
There is nothing illegal about like minded adults getting together to converse. Just have to be smart about things.

As has been said, it is all about your level of risk tolerance. Your odds of getting busted at a social by the police is extremely low. And as the past has shown us, other activities need to be present for this to happen. Your odds of giving up too much personal information (your vehicle plate number, etc) is what many are not as comfortable with.
While they may be good to connect with people you know only behind the keyboard or reconnect with a few you have seen for a session, a social is a bad idea unless you really know all the people you are going to socialize with, and that would mean actually no one. As have been noted in other threads, LE has handles on this site and would love to go to one, and when he/she does, the uniforms will not be far behind. Originally Posted by NearHauteRed
Really?? And do what, exactly? Issue citations for being too loud?
Really?? And do what, exactly? Issue citations for being too loud? Originally Posted by Prolongus
Of course not, silly. As Boltfan stated so well, after they mingle with you, get your handle, talk about your BCD expliots and maybe your reveal your ATF, your personal info such as your vehicle, license plate number, ect, will certainly be jotted down and it will only be a matter of time before it will catch up with you. So, like I said, more bad than good can come from a social as being in the hobby world is all about discretion, but a social tends to break those barriers.
A few years back I attended a Christmas gathering at what is now called Studio Serene.

The staff circulated amongst us. All seemed to be having a great time until a small group entered the place. None of us recognized them.

The girls went into The Party's Over mode while most of us left the place in short order.

If anyone was there, would you care to share what really happened that night?
I love socials...great way to know folks...only been to them in Houston.
Of course not, silly. As Boltfan stated so well, after they mingle with you, get your handle, talk about your BCD expliots and maybe your reveal your ATF, your personal info such as your vehicle, license plate number, ect, will certainly be jotted down and it will only be a matter of time before it will catch up with you. So, like I said, more bad than good can come from a social as being in the hobby world is all about discretion, but a social tends to break those barriers. Originally Posted by NearHauteRed
Don't twist my words. Nothing I said had to do with law enforcement performing that function.

If you think law enforcement has nothing better to do than spend time with a bunch of consenting adults doing nothing illegal as an undercover ops to get license plate numbers to then track them down "in the act" you are a fool.

Every bust noted on here has involved other subjects, including those generally discouraged from being openly discussed. There is too much low hanging fruit and not enough officers to waste resources on a sting of this nature.
I have heard of them but never went here or the aspd days
When I was in college, my faternity had an organization called "Undergraduate Research Foundation" which they used to book their socials. No one in Austin would rent a facility to a frat. It always worked and we had excellent all night parties.