Backpage...Another BP Post (Long)

I miss my backpage ad.
I think you have to be comfortable in your own skin no matter what you do in life. Providing is a place where confidence matters. I don't care what your size is, you must be confident. There are men out there who like all types of ladies, from short to tall, from big to small...If you are trying to make a change in your life, as far as your size, do it only for yourself. Do it because YOU want to, not because of what others think of you.

Now to touch on the thread at hand, I too receive a lot of stupid inquiries as to my ads on BP.

I just shake my head, and laugh...

Melissa Madyson
I'm seriously considering not putting my phone number in my ads. That way, I can weed out the undesirables.
I've been posting on Backpage since 2009...and the quality of ads has gone down the toilet (IMHO). I see girls charging $20 for their services and when I post my ads, I get some...interesting responses (to put it lightly). Here are just a few of them:

"your rates are too high"
"You must be crazy to be charging so much. BBW's should charge less"
Originally Posted by XoticSynn
IF I respond at all my reply to those especially are usually "my rate for you is now double due to a newly imposed 'you're an asshole' tax".
No kidding I don't respond at all but damnit if I did lol.
Good advice from Brooke Wilde. Hang up or delete the instant you hear/see a derogatory word. You are not obligated to poison your brain with any of that nonsense. And it does help to focus on what a sad, pathetic person someone has to be to get their rocks off by trying to insult total strangers.

I think your pix are beautiful and your ad doesn't have the trashy look that's often found on BP. Maybe that's part of the problem- these subhumans can see you're something special and immediately want to drag you down to their level. Remember, having haters means you're doing something right!
You can easily give yourself brain damage from answering to stupid BP inquiries.
My best advice: The 'delete' key is your friend
I have Google Voice and in the past two weeks, I've blocked so many people. When they get stupid on the phone, I hang up and immediately block them. No time for BS or games.

I realize that I'm not like most BP providers. I've known this for a long time. Even when I was posting on Craigslist, I never posted trashy slutty photos. I have plenty of haters, including one former friend that dissed me on MySpace because I refused to align myself with her pimp.

A lot of the girls that advertise on BP say they are high end...but don't really conduct themselves as such and their rates reflect that. I know that I'm no low-end provider and these boys (can't even call them men) can't handle that...so they try to bring me down.

Eventually, I will stop posting on Backpage completely.
Dear Ms. Davenport:
Also maybe one of the things that her assistant could help her on also is a place or a venue that she could advertise that would specialize in men who are looking for women her size. This would be a huge marketing advantage for her and it would upgrade the quality of client that she would encounter. Also I am also wondering what different types of men contact her through her p411 ads as well.

$250/wk was the average quote I received when I was shopping for an assistant. You can find GREAT assistants for less, or HORRIBLE assistants for more, so you just have to be a smart shopper.

$250/wk doesn't seem at all excessive to me. Especially if she is good. For a lot of us, that's only one appointment. One appointment a week investment in freeing up hours and hours of marketing, screening, and correspondence? If you get a good assistant, she should help boost your business by at least enough to pay for herself. Obviously, I'm willing to make that deal all day. Other ladies have to make their own decisions.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Synn. Didn't really mean for it to turn into a discussion on assistants. Hope things are looking up for you. Originally Posted by CarolineDavenport
You wouldn't want to entertain those jerks anyways. Or their conversations, as soon as I hear anything weird, I just hang up and then save the number as "No." If they feel like being funny then I can be a comdeian, too. But my jokes will be way worse.
Google Voice has become my best friend. I no longer have to deal with jerks that don't know how to conduct themselves. I also get the guys that send me pics of their hung manhoods...and expect me to do "stuff" with them. One guy sent me a pick of his 12" manhood that made a horse look like a toothpick and said "I want to pay you $100 for 2 hours of pure pleasure". Ummmm...NO!
Looking at your ad, my two cents:

* I would remove the negative statement, "I do not accept..." and just state an hourly minimum (positive statement)
* I would remove the negative statement, "My rates are not..." - to me, this statement sets the "overpriced" idea in their minds... instead use positive descriptives to describe the BBW experience... top-notch and finest definitely are working... also: delicious, satisfying, relaxing, etc. - set the expectation.

The only "negative" I'd include would be a statement such as "if you're looking for spinner, etc etc, then I'm probably not for you" - that way you're essentially psychologically rejecting the asshats before they cant reject you. And the BBW lovers (the clients you WANT) are reading it and like "yeah, I'm here for ya baby! You're just for ME!"

Ms Mocha does this beautifully

* also, I don't give out my phone until after screening is complete, and so far it seems to work for me.

My humble opinion, offered with a gratuitous grain of salt

Great suggestions, Solitaire!
  • LNK
  • 06-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Looking at your ad, my two cents:

The only "negative" I'd include would be a statement such as "if you're looking for spinner, etc etc, then I'm probably not for you" - that way you're essentially psychologically rejecting the asshats before they cant reject you. And the BBW lovers (the clients you WANT) are reading it and like "yeah, I'm here for ya baby! You're just for ME!" Originally Posted by Solitaire
How about:

"If you're looking for a lady who's merely thick, I'm too much woman for you, and you should move along."
How about:

"If you're looking for a lady who's merely thick, I'm too much woman for you, and you should move along." Originally Posted by LNK
Oh hush. I'm going to spank you.

Xoxo,
Your "merely thick" Mynx.
  • LNK
  • 06-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Oh hush. I'm going to spank you.

Xoxo,
Your "merely thick" Mynx. Originally Posted by LilMynx69
Promises, promises.