Changing golf clubs for improvements

It ain't the arrows, it's the injun. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
Correctomundo.

Look what Tiger accomplished with Nike clubs. Nuff said.
op....first thing to consider is your shaft flex (no pun)

but please first double check your shafts match your swing speed.
I used to go out to the Woodlands when Doug Sanders was still involved and see all the celebs he would bring in. Great day to take pictures on Wednesday during the pro-am. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Doug Sanders would show up regularly at Memorial Park driving range and hit balls with everybody else. The thing was, his swing did not look anything at all like a pro. I bet most of the people hitting next to him had no idea he was a multi-tournament winner on the PGA tour.
Very few pros back then had swing coaches, swing doctors, sports psychologists, or anything else.
Somebody showed them something here and there, they hit balls and practiced with what they had and went and played for money.
A lot of people think, believe that all the big distance today is because of equipment they use. The reality is that the grooming of the golf courses makes way more difference now than it did 50 years ago. Greens were much slower and so were fairways. Watch some of the old news clips and watch the ball bounce on the way to the hole. Sure equipment makes a difference because of better engineering but you still have to swing the club and hit the ball in the right spot.

If you really want to play better, move up to the next tee. Let the pros play from the tips. You will have a whole lot more fun.
Thanks guys for the feedback. It's going to be cavity back, regular flex, 2 degree upright. Averaging 78. Target is 3 or 4 shots below. Doable. Thinking of ping or mizuno. Thanks you guys u are awesome. Cheers.
I m a 4 handicap and just switched to Mizuno JPX hot metal after using ping blades for years. Don't regret it and have improved GIR. Took a couple of months to learn how to shape shots but well worth it now.
4 handicap?
Damn ya'll!

I get my money's worth. I better get at least 6 swings per hole or I feel cheated!
Sha thanks mizuno is def in contention. Thanks looking forward to my switch.
What kind of glue, or connection do they use to keep the clubhead and shaft together ?

Must be good, or clubheads would be flying all over the place.
epoxy
Sha thanks mizuno is def in contention. Thanks looking forward to my switch. Originally Posted by Caligula1
Have been hitting Mizuno for years. About 4 years ago, went to the H4 hybrid/ cavity back setup. I think that's correct, H4. I love the steel they use as the sweet spot is smooth as butter and the topline is still thin at set up and doesn't look like a swollen foot.

Only Pings I ever liked were S59, small blade and just can't warm up to their other clubs. Will tell you, they go into VA hospital in San Antonio, interview patients, fit them with clubs and give them these awesome staff bags with branch colors they served in, name, rank, etc.

Ran into a group there once at Canterra and found this out. They don't advertise it, but this has been going on for over 10 years. Very noble of them. I at least buy their clothes when I can.

Cheers
Ping is always a class. I have used i3 and they were lovely. Long time back.
Everytime I got 'taken' it was from some bloke with i3's. I learned to check the bag before I ponied up some money. LOL Probably you, mate!! LMAO
Lol sir lol probably sir...checkmate sir. Good day..
Pour Tequila in and your game will improve, works for me!