A booming economy, everyone had more money, no new wars

Some just attack fellow poster’s, because they can get away with it. In fact they have no answer and can not provide any rebuttal to the OP, life was goo for the majority of folks when Trump was President. A real economy , no unnecessary wars, people do what they can get away with , witness the Islamic scum and Putin
More incorrect fact-free bullshit from you. As usual. You spout shit you likely don't even understand. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

I totally understand it, but you are totally clueless about economics which is pretty obvious. In fact, as a group, lawyers seem to be the worst when it comes to economic polices.
Insurance prices are simply rising because of all of the claims from hurricanes and other natural disasters. Gasoline is a global commodity and is priced related to supply and demand - so that leaves us with appliances. What specific appliance do you think has a direct tie back to political policies and influence ? Gas stoves??

And let's assume, that scaremongering has increased the price of a gas stove by $100. How many times do you go out and actually buy a gas stove?

I've lived in the same house for 20 years and bought exactly one.

But I would love to hear the details of the appliance debacle caused by Joe Biden and the Democrats. Originally Posted by eyecu2

I wish I would have save it, but appliances only last half as long as they did 30 years ago, and they cost way more if you can find them.

The Democrats keep pushing all kinds of issues and regulations that increase costs of appliances to make the " energy efficient " etc. Central planning that doesn't let things improve naturally which capitalism always does. Pushing things too fast results in failed products hitting the shelves.
I wish I would have save it, but appliances only last half as long as they did 30 years ago, and they cost way more if you can find them.

The Democrats keep pushing all kinds of issues and regulations that increase costs of appliances to make the " energy efficient " etc. Central planning that doesn't let things improve naturally which capitalism always does. Pushing things too fast results in failed products hitting the shelves. Originally Posted by farmstud60
Nice try at making energy star appliance ratings a political folly. That was started OVER 30 yrs ago! The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) launched the ENERGY STAR program in 1992, at a time when both business leaders and environmentalists recognized that economic growth and environmental protection can—and must—go hand-in-hand.

I agree they don't build them like they used to but, that's because of greedy manufacturers using subpar equipment or materials. I'd also agree that things are over engineered, to meet a mathematical equation of efficiency, but rarely have a long lifespan.

In general the life expectancy of appliances has dropped fairly significantly, but you usually get what you pay for - and the newest and latest greatest technology, is usually a sure sign that that thing won't last.

I get your point that appliances are expensive, but I don't agree that it's because of politics. It's because of economics and manufacturers trying to save money where they can.
I totally understand it, but you are totally clueless about economics which is pretty obvious. In fact, as a group, lawyers seem to be the worst when it comes to economic polices. Originally Posted by farmstud60
More stupid bullshit from you Farmerdude. You absolutely don't know what the fuck you're spouting.
Of the Following . . .
#2 - Derogatory racial remarks are simply unacceptable, period. Disrespect another's ethnic background and you will most certainly regret it.

The only people benefiting from Bidenomics are the Rich people that get interest income from savings accounts. Originally Posted by farmstud60
Do you know of any bank offering more than a 5% interest rate on a savings account? I know that Capital One Bank offers 4.5%. I have not seen any bank higher than 5%. The rich are making more money by trading stocks than from interest earned on a savings account.

Fidelity alone had 400,000 401k & 300,000 IRA accounts reach a balance of $1 million last year because of the hot stock market under Sleepy Joe and Kamala.

Thanks Sleepy Joe.

Thanks Kamala.
Nice try at making energy star appliance ratings a political folly. That was started OVER 30 yrs ago! The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) launched the ENERGY STAR program in 1992, at a time when both business leaders and environmentalists recognized that economic growth and environmental protection can—and must—go hand-in-hand.

I agree they don't build them like they used to but, that's because of greedy manufacturers using subpar equipment or materials. I'd also agree that things are over engineered, to meet a mathematical equation of efficiency, but rarely have a long lifespan.

In general the life expectancy of appliances has dropped fairly significantly, but you usually get what you pay for - and the newest and latest greatest technology, is usually a sure sign that that thing won't last.

I get your point that appliances are expensive, but I don't agree that it's because of politics. It's because of economics and manufacturers trying to save money where they can. Originally Posted by eyecu2
You've got that right. Last month I replaced my Refrigerator it was Fourteen Years old. In fact I called an appliance repairman he told me he wouldn't service anything over ten years old, "Go buy a new one", lol.
Do you know of any bank offering more than a 5% interest rate on a savings account? I know that Capital One Bank offers 4.5%. I have not seen any bank higher than 5%. The rich are making more money by trading stocks than from interest earned on a savings account.

Fidelity alone had 400,000 401k & 300,000 IRA accounts reach a balance of $1 million last year because of the hot stock market under Sleepy Joe and Kamala.

Thanks Sleepy Joe.

Thanks Kamala. Originally Posted by adav8s28
First commonwealth has a cd at 5% 18 months, and a high yield money market account, at 4.5%. I've not really shopped that rate further, but it seems to be pretty competitive for a bank!
You've got that right. Last month I replaced my Refrigerator it was Fourteen Years old. In fact I called an appliance repairman he told me he wouldn't service anything over ten years old, "Go buy a new one", lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I know it! I actually like working on appliances and will buy and sell them to help pay my son's student loans. (yeah- we borrowed, so we pay), and the older stuff like dishwashers were easy to repair and fix, and they actually worked well. The new ones are junk and have circuit board issues, so if they ever get wet or hot, they are toast. (Which dishwashers do both), and the refrigerators of today are pure junk. Any of them with invertor technology are just about good for 10 yrs. Especially the french door models. You can still buy a good side by side that will last 15 plus yrs from GE, but the days of 40 yr old stuff running has come to an end.

BUT- I don't think they are the product of politics.

THey are the product of poor designers, and poor materials that are used. Everything is plastic vs. metal, and even the ones that are metal are such a thin gauge, they are not very robust.

Anyway- I know you can buy a set from HD or Lowes on special for 2600 to 4500 on specials. - just stay away from LG or Samsung for anything. PURE Garbage- and that's the truth.
Inflation is a "booming economy"?

The people doing best under Biden are the drug cartels.
Inflation is a "booming economy"?

The people doing best under Biden are the drug cartels. Originally Posted by Clay Media
What do you think of booming economy means? It means overconsumption! There are more consumers than there are supply there for the price goes up!

By the way cartels do well no matter what's happening in an economy.
What do you think of booming economy means? It means overconsumption! There are more consumers than there are supply there for the price goes up!

By the way cartels do well no matter what's happening in an economy. Originally Posted by eyecu2
When the pandemic was in its peak you had supply chain problems which decreased supply. When cities announced a lock down consumers went to the Krogers, Thom Thumb and Walmart and emptied the shelves before customers who shop in the evening could get to the store.

Right now you're correct we have over consumption. Unemployment is very low, there has been significant pay increases for some jobs (like the Cashiers at Quik Trip Gas and Krogers) and the last stimulus put out by Trump and Biden for a total of $2000. More dollars chasing after the same amount of goods, results in price increases.
Inflation is the result of the government pumping way too much money into the economy. It’s right there in the name, inflating the money supply. Small pay increases are meaningless when the average family has to put out over $1000/month more just for essentials. Very few people’s pay has increased anywhere near the amount of their expenses, which has greatly reduced their expendable income.
Inflation is the result of the government pumping way too much money into the economy. It’s right there in the name, inflating the money supply. Small pay increases are meaningless when the average family has to put out over $1000/month more just for essentials. Very few people’s pay has increased anywhere near the amount of their expenses, which has greatly reduced their expendable income. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
I agree that there was an oversupply, but there was no way for either the Trump or Biden admins to know how long that pandemic would last, or if the stimulus was too little, just right, or too much at the time. I think there was not enough oversight in the stimulus money, but there is plenty of blame to go around on that. The part that is more concerning is that our economy doesn't need more politicization, being as fragile as it is. It needs good solid support from all sides including the "news", who are doing their best to describe it as either in perilous position to fall 30% or the other side touting it's a soft landing and we just need to get past the next 2 or so quarters. It's prob somewhere in the middle ,but I sure don't agree with most of the so called economists on the boob tube.

One thing is odd though, how are ppl living supposedly pay check to paycheck, yet are being classified as over-consumers?

Credit cards are of course a possibility in that, but general over consumption and inflation is almost always due to high levels of cash on hand.