How does an 18 year old rent a hotel room?

I didn't realize. When I was a fun-loving teenager, I often rented hotel rooms by myself, even at 17 y.o. With a credit card and driver's license in my name, I was never hassled.

of course, I was just spending the night with my one and only boyfriend....

I didn't become a provider until after 30. Life's funny sometimes. *(smile)*

Peace,
Ck
Honestly, getting a permanent incall space was what saved me alot of headaches when it comes to hotel policies and trying to host. I was lucky enough to have meet a few people who graciously allowed me to use their place to meet my new friends. I usually made an arrangement with them and worked two days a week paid them 100 a day (9a-2p since I worked while they were at work) or 40 per 2 hours (if I was having a slow day).
I was able to establish a consistent schedule for availability which helped build up my clientele. It helped out alot from 18 to 20.

Hope it helps
Granted, I'm much older than 18, but I've never had anyone ask for my ID-- just the credit card. When I was in college, I rented rooms without any hassle, yeah I was 19 or 20 at the time but still close enough to 18. Heck, I even rented a car at age 22 without any hassle.
I didn't realize. When I was a fun-loving teenager, I often rented hotel rooms by myself, even at 17 y.o. With a credit card and driver's license in my name, I was never hassled.

of course, I was just spending the night with my one and only boyfriend....

I didn't become a provider until after 30. Life's funny sometimes. *(smile)*

Peace,
Ck Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
Granted, I'm much older than 18, but I've never had anyone ask for my ID-- just the credit card. When I was in college, I rented rooms without any hassle, yeah I was 19 or 20 at the time but still close enough to 18. Heck, I even rented a car at age 22 without any hassle. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
Unfortunately, times have changed. Because a few knuckleheads get too wild, hotels have cast the 18 to 21 crowd as an insurance liability plus hotels with bars requiring a liquor license thereby manufacturing policies such as these.
Depends on the property/hotel chain's policy. Most larger chains have an age limit policy these days. Some, are privately owned...and, if you book online with a 2 day minimum, they may overlook the age requirement.

A friend of mine from Dallas went to PIT...when she got to her hotel, they wouldn't let her check in with her ID. Lucky for her...her client was able to get the room. I would call the hotel ahead of time to save yourself the hassle.