Are the young becoming more acceptable of May-December relationships?

Younger generation these days certainly don't care. I've gone to parties that were borderline high school parties - mostly recently graduated 19-20 year olds, and not even a blink seeing my near 40 year old ass there.

Then again... I don't remember taking much notice of such things when I was that age. I had other things to think about at the time, and the age of some old dude hanging out certainly was pretty low on my priority list. It may just be that many people are conditioned to think poorly of such a thing between 20 and 40.
Personally, I love HOT dates with sexy older men. I find it a huge turn-on to walk into a restaurant and have heads turn when it is obvious we are into one another. I do believe that society today is more accepting and open-minded to age differences in comparison.... Even accepting to the point that we find it sexy and enticing.
Personally, I love HOT dates with sexy older men. I find it a huge turn-on to walk into a restaurant and have heads turn when it is obvious we are into one another. I do believe that society today is more accepting and open-minded to age differences in comparison.... Even accepting to the point that we find it sexy and enticing. Originally Posted by LovelyLuLu
I've been meaning to talk to you about this...
  • thegj
  • 11-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Yes, society is changing. Of late I have spent more time in bars than strip clubs and the openess to the young approaching the older(50ish) was quite surprising. Some of the early 30 ladies are single mom's who are husband hunting- but quite a few prefer to just have some fun and relax for a few hours. And yes, the college aged girls just dont care- they want someone who is all about them sexually. When the conversation has past the trivial(5 minutes for this age group) the next question mat be "Will you tie me up?" Some prefer looking for the perfect body and others prefer the looking for the freshness of someone who is hungering for action.
  • Mokoa
  • 11-30-2011, 11:25 PM
That it does.... In many situations I have no problem with the attention so long as it does not bother the young lady with me. Originally Posted by Whispers
Agreed.

I remember one occurrence where the man of an older couple (looked old enough to be my parents) just keep staring. His wife/SO noticed him and began giving him the Stare of Death. Needless to say, that was quite entertaining.
I dated a man 23 years my senior, and don't remember ever being stared at. That could be because I was too into him to notice, but probably not. I think it's a combination of the generation that raised these younger people and being in Austin.