It Pains me Greatly to say this: Mr. Trump cannot win..

I think Mr. Trump is unprepared for the responsibilities and demands of public service. His specialty is running roughshod over competition. That's not acceptable in a democracy. I also think Mr. Trump lacks a stable, civil and public-spirited compass, and that is precisely why we see so much contradiction in his statements. One day he says one thing, then the next day he alters his statement and position. His comments about John McCain and Ted Cruz's father lacked maturity and judgment. It's especially worrisome to me that Mr. Trump struggles to appreciate the opinions of others. He is, it appears, a myopic person, focused only on himself. When Mitt Romney (I am not a Mitt Romney supporter) publicly questioned Mr. Trump's positions, lack of positions and character, Mr. Trump, instead of addressing each of Romney's points and criticisms, declared that Romney only wanted to be relevant". Trump cannot appreciate Romney's criticism as possessing any depth or value. That's because his reference point for such criticism is focused on himself and why he would behave as Romney behaved. His hyper-critical, often irrational statements about other political candidates disrespected and disrespects those who support those candidates. He cannot understand that, and the result is that he keeps burning bridges with segment after segment of the American society. His popularity has reached its apex. That a candidate as vulnerable as Clinton will easily win over Trump reflects Trump's glaring and considerable weaknesses.
  • DSK
  • 06-29-2016, 09:05 PM
Try to replace him and all hell will break loose. Originally Posted by gfejunkie
That is why I advocate him stepping down voluntarily. He has to be talked into it for the good of the country.
I think Mr. Trump is unprepared for the responsibilities and demands of public service. His specialty is running roughshod over competition. That's not acceptable in a democracy. I also think Mr. Trump lacks a stable, civil and public-spirited compass, and that is precisely why we see so much contradiction in his statements. One day he says one thing, then the next day he alters his statement and position. His comments about John McCain and Ted Cruz's father lacked maturity and judgment. It's especially worrisome to me that Mr. Trump struggles to appreciate the opinions of others. He is, it appears, a myopic person, focused only on himself. When Mitt Romney (I am not a Mitt Romney supporter) publicly questioned Mr. Trump's positions, lack of positions and character, Mr. Trump, instead of addressing each of Romney's points and criticisms, declared that Romney only wanted to be relevant". Trump cannot appreciate Romney's criticism as possessing any depth or value. That's because his reference point for such criticism is focused on himself and why he would behave as Romney behaved. His hyper-critical, often irrational statements about other political candidates disrespected and disrespects those who support those candidates. He cannot understand that, and the result is that he keeps burning bridges with segment after segment of the American society. His popularity has reached its apex. That a candidate as vulnerable as Clinton will easily win over Trump reflects Trump's glaring and considerable weaknesses. Originally Posted by Muy Largo
0zombie, tell your AI daddy, he SUCKS... LOLing AI 0zombies!

I think Mr. Trump is unprepared for the responsibilities and demands of public service. His specialty is running roughshod over competition. That's not acceptable in a democracy. I also think Mr. Trump lacks a stable, civil and public-spirited compass, and that is precisely why we see so much contradiction in his statements. One day he says one thing, then the next day he alters his statement and position. His comments about John McCain and Ted Cruz's father lacked maturity and judgment. It's especially worrisome to me that Mr. Trump struggles to appreciate the opinions of others. He is, it appears, a myopic person, focused only on himself. When Mitt Romney (I am not a Mitt Romney supporter) publicly questioned Mr. Trump's positions, lack of positions and character, Mr. Trump, instead of addressing each of Romney's points and criticisms, declared that Romney only wanted to be relevant". Trump cannot appreciate Romney's criticism as possessing any depth or value. That's because his reference point for such criticism is focused on himself and why he would behave as Romney behaved. His hyper-critical, often irrational statements about other political candidates disrespected and disrespects those who support those candidates. He cannot understand that, and the result is that he keeps burning bridges with segment after segment of the American society. His popularity has reached its apex. That a candidate as vulnerable as Clinton will easily win over Trump reflects Trump's glaring and considerable weaknesses. Originally Posted by Muy Largo
Here's a new book you should read if you have such feelings about politicians who are hyper-critical about those who have different POVs and who are demonstrably unqualified and temperamentally unsuited for the office of the presidency:

Article from the Los Angeles Times, "Don't Panic, Democrats, Hillary Clinton Will Beat Donald Trump, " (June 29, 2016):

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...nap-story.html

It's recent too.
The answer to our problems are not going to found in the Democrat or Republican parties. Both parties profit from the status quo. Nothing will change, except for the worse as they rob from the poor and give to their rich cronies. That includes Hillary. Goldman Sachs does not pay her a quarter million per speech because of her wisdom, insight or spellbinding oratory. They think of those fees as an investment, and they expect a return.
The answer to our problems are not going to found in the Democrat or Republican parties. Both parties profit from the status quo. Nothing will change, except for the worse as they rob from the poor and give to their rich cronies. That includes Hillary. Goldman Sachs does not pay her a quarter million per speech because of her wisdom, insight or spellbinding oratory. They think of those fees as an investment, and they expect a return. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I realize that all politicians are, to some extent, corrupt. I just think Hillary is a better choice than Trump. Trump scares me. And, I am a social democrat. In other words, I lean left. So, naturally, I am going to vote democratic. My ideal way of governing would be the Swedish style, which is a social democracy. By the way, I would actually rather have either Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren for President.
I think there will be enough people who recognize that Hillary is a bad actor and not fit to be a leader of this country.

enough democrat voters will stay home or vote for donald or vote 3rd party.

I think it will be a very close race, no landslide on this one. it'd be 50-50% or 51-49.%

there is a potential for race to become a disputed election like what happened in the election of 1876.

there are a lot of similarities with that race and this race.
Article from the Los Angeles Times, "Don't Panic, Democrats, Hillary Clinton Will Beat Donald Trump, " (June 29, 2016):

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...nap-story.html

It's recent too. Originally Posted by SassySue
knock knock, the polling on this one is flawed. don't rely on it for your predictions.

enough democrat voters will stay home or vote for donald or vote 3rd party.

I think it will be a very close race, no landslide on this one. it'd be 50-50% or 51-49.% Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
There are hard core dimbulbocrats that will vote one way.

There are hard core Republicans that will vote the other.

The Independents are all in for Trump.

I think we're looking at a landslide of Reagan-esque proportions.

. Originally Posted by gfejunkie
No, we are not!!!!
We know what you are. You belong to the idiot party.
We know what you are. I belong to the idiot party. Originally Posted by gfejunkie
FIFY
  • DSK
  • 07-02-2016, 04:10 PM
There are hard core dimbulbocrats that will vote one way.

There are hard core Republicans that will vote the other.

I think we're looking at a landslide of Reagan-esque proportions. Originally Posted by gfejunkie
I'm just hoping Mr. Trump, a great man, will step down and not be on the wrong side of that landslide, if Hillary doesn't get indicted.