"Real" Austin Activities and Nearby Weekend Getaways?

I have to second the Bluebonnet Cafe recommendation. Just be sure to leave room for pie! Originally Posted by FoulRon
good point. it's the only place I regularly have dessert after breakfast.
Awesome suggestions by all, thanks! Those I can't take advantage of this time I'll certainly keep in mind for next time. Looks like I'm making an overnight excursion to Fredericksburg tomorrow, hope there's a winery with a hotel next door cause I'm pretty paranoid with drinking and driving! Looks to be a fun excursion. A bit too drained from a mentally exhausting day to hit the town tonight, but maybe I'll catch a second wind As one person said, I really do love to explore and put some $ in the local economy, just glad I didn't go overboard cause of all the cancellations I had this week Being alone and a girl tends to get you a free drink as well
Take a trip thru the winding hill country...stop in Wimberly for lunch....and take alot of pics!

'Texas does rock!!

have fun........... Originally Posted by DallasRain
On the way back take a short detour to Perdenales Falls and keep taking those pics.
Fredericksburg hotel rooms are extremely tight supply. You better have one lined up before you go.
Honey, give me a call and I'll take you out for some real Texas entertainment,

COW TIPPING!!!

You ain't lived until you've gone cow tipping.

I won't even charge you anything, just split the gas and beer money with me.

You did bring your cowboy boots, didn't you?
For unique live music and other types of "performances":

Cheer Up Charlies
North Door
Mohawk
Lamberts
Hotel Vegas
The indoor stage @ Stubbs

And, in general, do512.com will often be able to point you in the direction of things to do.