Close Unexpected Encounters-What would you do?

• Old-T
  • 06-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Another common question, and I'll agree with the majority on here: No acknowledgement even if the seem alone--they may not be.

The only exception is if you have become friends enough that you have entered each others' "real world". There are two ladies I know well enough I would acknowledge them in public, but then I've been to dinner at their parents houses and been introduced to their neighbors and friends.
Okay, this is a tough situation because no acknowledgment is a difficult thing to prevent. There's going to be some sort of recognition--consciously or not. It has happened to me, and yes it is awkward. This was literally the morning after a date. She was with people (family or friends-- kinda hard to tell, but no male was with her). I was alone. We caught each others eyes and had instant recognition (gee it had been literally less than 12 hours ago). Nothing was said verbally, but non-verbal communication definitely took place. It was a good thing we both had fun. I think sometimes when this happens, reactions are going to be unavoidable. It boils down to how well you put on your poker face.
Ladies-What would you do if you happened to see one of your cleints unexpectedly at a Mall,Grocery Store or Restuarant & he is with his wife or girlfriend. Would you just ignore him, give him a wink or wave? Or give him a discreet acknowledgement?

Guys-Would you be sweating bullets! Would you try to make a dart to the nearest exit with your wife/girlfriend? How would you handle this situation. And what if you gived her a bad review? Would you trust her not to say anything to you & your wife/girlfriend in public?

It has never happened to me, but hopefully I'm prepared when it happens! Originally Posted by hobbyprojb
Pretend he / she is with their attorney and you just got a divorce!
Okay, this is a tough situation because no acknowledgment is a difficult thing to prevent. There's going to be some sort of recognition--consciously or not. It has happened to me, and yes it is awkward. This was literally the morning after a date. She was with people (family or friends-- kinda hard to tell, but no male was with her). I was alone. We caught each others eyes and had instant recognition (gee it had been literally less than 12 hours ago). Nothing was said verbally, but non-verbal communication definitely took place. It was a good thing we both had fun. I think sometimes when this happens, reactions are going to be unavoidable. It boils down to how well you put on your poker face. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
Good Call.
Keep your eyes, ears and mouth to yourself and keep moving.

I agree with Irish Vixen

i saw a local provider with a friend at lunch...i dont know if they saw me, but they walked right by my table. there was no acknowledgement, but i dont understand why my friend is doing that in a very public place - he has a so and kids