Sec. of Def. Gates Memoir - Hillary and Obama Opposed Iraq Surge for Political Reasons

Republicans apparently are scared shittless of Hillary.
You meant to say that the democrat are scared shitless of Sarah Palin. That is primal fear which you can see in the way that you all react to anything she does even when she is not a declared candidate. Hillary has been and will be a candidate. She is corrupt, deceitful, ideological, and anti-American. Everyone should be afraid of her (and a lot of democrats are)
  • BJerk
  • 01-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Because your "obvious" sarcasm was "obviously" implying that it is OK, because the GOP does it, too.

Did you really need to have that explained to you?

Are you lips moving while you read this? Originally Posted by ExNYer
I was mocking your comment, idiot!
You meant to say that the democrat are scared shitless of Sarah Palin. That is primal fear which you can see in the way that you all react to anything she does even when she is not a declared candidate. Hillary has been and will be a candidate. She is corrupt, deceitful, ideological, and anti-American. Everyone should be afraid of her (and a lot of democrats are) Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Quite a difference between fear and ridicule ass wipe. Palin is a joke.
  • CJ7
  • 01-08-2014, 12:02 PM
I just love it when a book has not even hit the streets and everyone is commenting on the contents. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

you love it when a book hasn't even hit the street and dipshits like you can cherry pick the content and use it as some sort of weak ass political tool ... commenting on the content is exactly what you are doing ... DUUURRRRRR.
I have yet to cherry pick any comment. What have you been reading? Have you been drinking? I have commented on other comments about a book that they have not read. I guess my question would be, "How many of you are going to read this book when it hits the streets?"
  • CJ7
  • 01-08-2014, 12:28 PM
I have yet to cherry pick any comment. What have you been reading? Have you been drinking? I have commented on other comments about a book that they have not read. I guess my question would be, "How many of you are going to read this book when it hits the streets?" Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

have YOU read the book ?
  • CJ7
  • 01-08-2014, 12:32 PM
I stand corrected ... Iffy quoted the book chapter and verse.

anyway ...

the right is bitching about the left tripping over a jump rope compared to the war the right started..

nothing new, OR worthy of further comment..
I was mocking your comment, idiot! Originally Posted by Bert Jones
No, you were making the point that the GOP does that, too. Therefore, we shouldn't worry about it.

Nothing in my original post limited the criticism to Democrats. In fact, I never even mentioned Democrats.

Gates made criticisms of just two people - Hillary and Obama - that he know about. It isn't my fault that he didn't mention a Republican.

I've criticized Hillary and Bill before as power hungry and convictionless. They are famous for the phrase "permanent campaign".

And I have said before that we should be careful of "people like that" - with no limitation on party.
Might want to read this summary . . . it appears to be a much more fact-based summary than the various slants that are being posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/bo...bama.html?_r=0
OMG please, no facts please.
Might want to read this summary . . . it appears to be a much more fact-based summary than the various slants that are being posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/bo...bama.html?_r=0 Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer

You are funny....
Since the whackos are apparently attaching reverential significance to every utterance in former SECDEF Gates forthcoming book....let's make sure we remember what he said about the supposed terrorist attack in Benghazi. Pay attention now, Admiral....

>>>>>Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates forcefully defended the Obama administration on Sunday against charges that it did not do enough to prevent the tragedy in Benghazi, telling CBS' "Face the Nation" that some critics of the administration have a "cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces."

Gates, a Republican who was appointed by then-President George W. Bush in 2006 and agreed to stay through more than two years of President Obama's first term, repeatedly declined to criticize the policymakers who devised a response to the September 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens.
"Frankly, had I been in the job at the time, I think my decisions would have been just as theirs were," said Gates, now the chancellor of the College of William and Mary.
"We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible." he explained.
Suggestions that we could have flown a fighter jet over the attackers to "scare them with the noise or something," Gates said, ignored the "number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from [former Libyan leader] Qaddafi's arsenals."
"I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances," he said.

Another suggestion posed by some critics of the administration, to, as Gates said, "send some small number of special forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, would have been very dangerous."
"It's sort of a cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces," he said. "The one thing that our forces are noted for is planning and preparation before we send people in harm's way, and there just wasn't time to do that."

Gates said he could not speak to allegations that the State Department refused requests for additional security in the months prior to the attack. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been increasingly targeted for criticism by Republicans for her handling of the crisis and the government's response, with some even raising the possibility that the State Department engineered a coverup to protect her political future.

But when Gates was asked whether he thought that might be a possibility, he replied flatly, "No."

"I worked with Secretary Clinton pretty closely for two and a half years, and I wouldn't want to try and be somebody...trying to convince her to say something she did not think was true," he said, adding that he has not spoken with Clinton about the events in Benghazi."

Pick and choose now boys. Pick and choose. Admiral, you need to respond directly to this you fucking numbskull. We'll wait.
Gates is a lying politician trying to make a few bucks. The more publicity a book gets, the more money can be made. Maybe he's telling the truth, who knows? But if you think this will help the Republicans defeat Hillary, you're delusional. The Republicans already have a plan to lose the 2016 presidential election.

They will nominate someone "electable".
have YOU read the book ? Originally Posted by CJ7

The book comes out on the 14th of January. You have a time machine hidden somewhere?

Timmie, why do you feel like you have to attack? In fact why are all the leftists here attacking when the book is not on the street. I was not aware that I had made any charges. I have commented on the comments being made by people here and keep pointing out that no one here has read the book. Of course if you have read the book then I suspect that you are politically connected and get your orders from the basement of the White House. Anyone here want to admit that you have a copy?