Looking for Advice

"Shit, I do it fairly often and I'm not the one who initiates it most of the time. "

Neotek, Do you provide education on how to make that happen Just kidding !!

Well, I appreciate all the info, and I understand and respect a provider's privacy. These were just a few emails and yes she did respond. I would never phone a provider without her approval, and I don't have to worry about sending a text, as it takes me 10 minutes just to text three words.

The next time I see her, I will check to make sure she is comfortable with this and if she's not, I will refrain from any type of future email communication, unless I'm requesting an appointment to see her.
dont go falling in love now.
I don't think they meant that YOU were behaving like a stalker. I think they were just speaking in general for those who get out of control.

I agree with Oldgrump, we do have personal lives and sometimes just like to be away from the hobby world. That is a little hard to do when the other side of the hobby doesn't understand that. As flattering as it is...sometimes, it can be a little stressful to be expected to be on call all of the time...even if it is to just answer an email.

AN innocent "can't wait to see you again!" or whatever should be fine. I certainly have no problem with that. Then again, I am speaking for myself. Originally Posted by reese foster
good advice.

PS, that avatar is kinda scary.
PS, that avatar is kinda scary. Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
Hopefully my new one will make you feel better.
Hopefully my new one will make you feel better. Originally Posted by reese foster
wheeew, much better. lol
I know several providers that I see ....that we send jokes back and forth ..we have all agreed that if that is not acceptable we shall tell the other one ......we also continue to chat back and forth on occasion ....one asked me to send the jokes because she forwarded them on to her mother and she loved them .....another asked me to send them to her regular Email rather then her provider E-mail ..anytime it is a nuisance I will stop ...but sure hope to keep seeing those particular ladies ....T
I don't mind email correspondence from a gentleman. I have a few who write me on a regular basis...I get some GREAT jokes that way!

As long as the person writing me realizes that I may not even get online EVERY day. If I don't respond right away, it isn't because I am ignoring you, it's that I, too, have a real life with lots of chores and non-fun stuff!

It probably would be a very good idea to ask the lady in question though. I'm sure there are folks here that wouldn't like it as well as there are folks that do.

--v

P.S. Was that a "motherly" response?
One second Hijack - Oh My, Ms. Foster.... Just oh my.....

Back to the program....

All good advice!

PPE
Hopefully my new one will make you feel better. Originally Posted by reese foster

Somehow, that avatar looks vaguely familiar!!!
It should, Steverino. That was right before she broke me in properly. I was giggling as usual.

(Sorry for the highjack)
I have at least 3 or 4 providers who I consider friends in fact some of my better friends are those I met in the hobby..... but yes make sure it is ok for that type of communication is ok. What works for some doesnt mean it works for you.....
ASK HER. Originally Posted by ShysterJon

Well, that would make just too much damn sense right there.

That would be like... real communication.

Don't you know we are all just dysfunctional socially retarded sociopaths looking for an exact set of rules to live by that lets us do what whatever we want?

Life is just not the simple, my friend.
  • jfred
  • 06-06-2010, 12:14 PM
...Don't you know we are all just dysfunctional socially retarded sociopaths looking for an exact set of rules to live by that lets us do what whatever we want?... Originally Posted by cpi3000
Jeeze, dude. Who took the lock off your cage??
I know..

The truth police will come arrest me and charge me with using big words on a SHMB.