how do you afford to hobby?

....so guys how do you afford to hobby? Ladies being the times are rough what is the craziness payment option you were ask to take? A post dated check maybe food stamps? Originally Posted by plove35

Basically, I don't spend my money on other stuff, that is the simple answer.

I make some decent coin, and my SO works for government, so she makes twice what I do, so it is relatively easy to afford for me. I don't have a lot of expenses other than the usual shit, so fair amount of playtime funds.
War Profiteer.

Unless getting shot at, blown up and rocketed is no big deal.
You have to set your priorities. For example, food is over-rated. Originally Posted by eccl3
ROTFL. That's why I get on here. This place is always guranteed to give me a laugh. Carefully budget.
Like many others, I work, and have no plans of retiring.

Hobbying is no different than any other endevour. It cost a certain amount of money to participate. And like other endevours, there are levels of cost.

Some guys have $100,000 bass boats, pulled by a $60,000 duel wheel Diesel Pickups. Others settle for a cane pole sitting beside a creek.

Both catch fish.
  • FK
  • 01-31-2012, 06:11 AM
It is human nature to put a want over a need anyday.
Thank goodness....
Work your ass off. Be willing to do what others aren't. Live way below your means. That's the formula for me. This way you'll have the resources to do whatever you want. Hobbying or anything else. Of course, you have to manage money well.
I live under the 59 freeway at Gessner...makes outcalls to my place interesting, but I normally schedule a session right after I collect my fee from a Bum Fights video shoot...
I just take all the change that people throw in foundations around the city. Its amazing the shopping malls are getting rather pissy about it.
It is human nature to put a want over a need anyday.
Thank goodness.... Originally Posted by Fallon Kelly

As far as my penis is concerned, this is a need.
Little SL has no budget! LOL
Little SL has no budget! LOL Originally Posted by Still Looking
Oh yeah, you're gonna win over some friends with that one!
As long as they are female friends who gives a squat.
Like many others, I work, and have no plans of retiring.

Hobbying is no different than any other endevour. It cost a certain amount of money to participate. And like other endevours, there are levels of cost.

Some guys have $100,000 bass boats, pulled by a $60,000 duel wheel Diesel Pickups. Others settle for a cane pole sitting beside a creek.

Both catch fish. Originally Posted by Jackie S
perfect analogy Jackie ...If its important to you your going to find the means...no different than any other hobby

I believe one of the definitions of an addiction would be when you forsake the essentials (food, water, clothing, shelter) of your family in order to obtain the pleasure of your addiction, be it drugs, alcohol, or sex.

Only play with money left over after you have taken care of the basics, or you will find yourself tumbling down a hole with no way out.

My hobby times have decreased substantially over the last 3-4 years. Blame it on Obama, the economy, the price of tea in China. I also am seeing lower prices ladies frequently. The good news is that I have gotten to enjoy a different kind of visit and the ladies I have met have still been sweethearts. I miss my old lady friends, but I suspect they are still doing well financially.
I thank my tenants every time they pay their late fees.