Need Photos?

Atlas nice pics. I bet some guys love to know who those hot ladies are. Have a great week.
Atlas nice pics. I bet some guys love to know who those hot ladies are. Originally Posted by Truly Passion
Yup, you are correct.

Soooo, Atlas. I would love to know who these ladies are. Lol.

Do they play?
I would love to get an appt. for a photo shoot. thanks
One big challenge in coming up with something interesting is finding a decent location or setting to shoot. I know the focus is the lady, but how she is framed can really set a shot apart. Unfortunately a lot of ladies are working out of a simple room in a notel or sparsely furnished apartment, so there's really not much to do but try and make her look as good as possible.

..and since we're talking photos I always love the opportunity to show off my avatar.
Thin - I do tend to go for a "bold" color palette, but I also try to take into consideration the personality of the subject. The lady in your pics has a very Rock and Roll look to her so I thought it'd be fun to make her colors "pop" some. If she were softer and more low key I'd use a more muted palette.

Atlas - I'm not a fan of the top two pics (harsh lighting and hard shadows ... looks like a built in camera flash) but the bottom two look really nice. I like those a lot. Good job.

If anyone wants to read some good tips you can find some good ideas here:

http://digital-photography-school.co...otography-tips
Best of luck with this. It's a great hobby but can be frustrating; ladies who don't want their faces shown, or decide they no longer want photos shown due to retirement or other reasons so you can't enjoy sharing the work you take pains to produce. In my case the wife also kept cancelling weekends away at the last minute so I had to let the ladies I had or was going to shoot know that I couldn't.

You might consider Model Mayhem, I've started an account there under another handle and plan to convince the wife it's OK to invite models from there to pose either in exchange for photos or for a modest fee. At least that way signed releases can be obtained so the images can be shown other places.

Good luck and Happy Snapping!
  • Atlas
  • 09-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Yup, you are correct.

Soooo, Atlas. I would love to know who these ladies are. Lol.

Do they play? Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
The girl in the Romo jersey used to advertise here under the name "SerafinaSoFine", but she's no longer in Dallas.

The redhead is a friend of mine who wanted to do a photo shoot for fun and does not participate in the hobby.
  • Atlas
  • 09-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Thin - I do tend to go for a "bold" color palette, but I also try to take into consideration the personality of the subject. The lady in your pics has a very Rock and Roll look to her so I thought it'd be fun to make her colors "pop" some. If she were softer and more low key I'd use a more muted palette.

Atlas - I'm not a fan of the top two pics (harsh lighting and hard shadows ... looks like a built in camera flash) but the bottom two look really nice. I like those a lot. Good job.

If anyone wants to read some good tips you can find some good ideas here:

http://digital-photography-school.co...otography-tips Originally Posted by smysteryman
Yeah, one of my softbox setups died on me so I had to compensate by using my speedlught as a fill light (minus a diffuser cone - hence, the hard shadows).
I could ad that you need to have a sense of "frame" and a little knowledge of depth of field so you can focus what you want to show like in those great photos of your friend

Originally Posted by Atlas
Great stuff guys! Love how positive this thread has gotten. I've got two shoots this weekend. Should be awesome. Maybe I'll do some video too. Right meow I'm running a 7D with 28-135mm apple aperture, photoshop, pixelmator, Nik plugins, also got a 50mm prime, for video I have Final Cut Pro. I just gotta pick up a light set. I've got a film background so I know I can figure out lighting with a bit of practice.
Thin.....I love your photos of Silva. She is a beautiful young lady. These photos making me want to spent $350, Nope at least $500-$600.
Great Pics! Keep up the good work...way to stay positive sweetie, very admirable.
Great stuff guys! Love how positive this thread has gotten. I've got two shoots this weekend. Should be awesome. Maybe I'll do some video too. Right meow I'm running a 7D with 28-135mm apple aperture, photoshop, pixelmator, Nik plugins, also got a 50mm prime, for video I have Final Cut Pro. I just gotta pick up a light set. I've got a film background so I know I can figure out lighting with a bit of practice. Originally Posted by ThinWhiteDuke
Most folks strongly recommend strobes, but I've been using 650W Fresnel spots with dimmers (router speed controllers from Harbor Freight) and barn doors. These would work for both stills and video and can often be found on craigs or the bay for cheap. Modern DSLRs like the 7D allow for iso up to 800 or so with great results and a little denoise knocks the hard edge off from the hard lighting of the spots. Using the old adage "hard light/soft lens" I've also been using a Softar II filter. The Softar isn't meant for full body but the Topaz denoise obscures the filter pattern. Then Topaz Detail to enhance local contrast and bring out skin texture. I'm guessing Nik has similar plug ins.

Viva Ms DallasBella!
I've also covered an on camera strobe with a CTO gel so the color plays nice with the tungsten and turned it waaaaay down for a little gentle fill. If you go this way, set the 7D to tungsten instead of auto, the exposure preview will change considerably (or at least it does with the D300 when I chimp the exposure).

Very Important! IF you go with used strobes get a radio slave to trigger them. Older strobes can have very high trigger voltage and fry a modern DSLR if hooked up directly!

Love this stuff and wish I could join you!
Great work guys i was always using a 35 mm nd and the old dark room
:tram poline:I am so needing some one to take pics for me and I would love for you too!!! Dont know if the offer still stands but just in case !!!!! Give me a calll and lets talk pics!!! Promise to make it very fun!! Maybe a little interesting.

xoxo
tara