Hobbying Pre-Internet Days

• Gypsy
  • 05-06-2010, 09:42 PM
At the risk of dating myself, when I first moved to Dallas in the mid-70's the place to pick up hookers was the intersection of Oak Lawn and Cedar Springs. But I also have very fond memories of the whore houses in the manufacured housing "way out in the country" at Preston and 121.
Oh, hell. This is going to make my head hurt. Yep, when Hector was a pup and Frisco had a population of 1500 the 121 Tub Club, April's - a personal favorite - (one time I was there while the local constabulary was enjoying a cup of coffee in the kitchen while bidness kept on keeping on - guess he was making sure things were on the up and up...LOL), and "Michelle's," I think it was called, was the one "out in the country" on an old ranch which is now part of the golf course and a housing development. There were a couple of others out there as well in the vein of the 121 Tub Club, also.

HH, yellow pages, the Observer - all had their moments (including the CD/TS - pre-op encounter on HH - wheeee! that wasn't exactly what I had in mind - can laugh about it now, somehow). I agree with TTH on his percentage breakdown of yellow page ads back in the 70's and 80's. I never had much luck with the Observer - guess my picker ran towards cash'n'dash scammers when I opened up that rag.

Also had pretty good luck getting "dates" at SC's back in the day. Still the usual hit'n'miss, thrill of the hunt sort of thing but there was a lot more latitude in price negotiating back then since "value" was more word of mouth amongst the girls.
Looie, it's funny. I went the yellow page route for years while traveling. I was always surprised how often it turned out reasonably well. I'd say 40+% of the time you got a decent girl. 10% really good to spectacular. 35%, serviceable. 15% ripoff or unacceptable. Pretty good averages given that there was no way to verify at all. Frankly, I suspect that in some cities the cops ran the scam artists out of business. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
When you found an annotated yellow pages in the hotel desk it was gold.

I didn't pay so much attention to the glowing comments as I did the ones that were Xced out, indicating they were either a bait and switch, cash and dash, or bane to all hobbyists alike: just a dance and tug, and usually you were the one doing the tugging.

The other safe bet is a strange town was going to the bars and looking for the ALT rags in news racks by the door and reading the classifieds. In the Midwest the tell tale script was a man that wanted to watch his wife fuck somebody else. It was usually a driver or pimp that did not want to watch--he just wanted $75.00 (big money back then) for you to spend an hour or so with his wife/girlfriend while he sat in the bar downstairs.

Speaking of bars, the other sure bet was usually going to a hotel lounge close to an airport or convention center. Sit at a table where you could see both the bar and the door and look for the well dressed lady that had a pattern of checking out every potential male client that enters the bar, but ignores female patrons. If she was clearly milking her drink, that was was usually signal two.

Then grab your balls, throw them over your shoulder, and make the leap and sit one stool away and let her strike up a conversation. . .and hope like hell you don't get slapped or arrested for soliciting the wrong woman.

Kiss your computer young men, you have no idea how great you have it.
I just went to Vegas. I always seemed to get approached by a beautiful lady.
Years ago Bellhops in some of the hotels would
take you to girls rooms who was staying in the
hotel.