Does the title of an AD carry any weight? I sure as hell can't think of anything creative...dammit

Ads are ads. Selling is selling. Madison Avenue has been doing this for years.

Here's "Ad-Writing 101"...

1. Select the right audience. Often, an ad is the first meeting place of two parties looking for each other. The headline should attract the interest of those you want to attractnot the interest of readers generally. The ad should say immediately to the target reader, “Hey, this is for you.” So there should be something in the ad that at the first glance enables the reader to identify it as relating to their interests. This is done with either a picture or a headline – preferably both.

2. Use high visual magnetism. On average, only a small number of ads in an issue of a magazine (or a hooker board) will capture the attention of any one reader. Most ads fail the very first test of stopping the reader scanning the page. Ads fail because they either just lie there, or they’re cluttered, noisy and hard to read. An ad should be constructed so a single component dominates the area – a picture, the headline or the text. The more arresting the headline, the more pertinent the picture, the more informative the copy, the better.

3. Promise a reward. An ad will survive the first scan only if readers expect they will learn something of value. The reward can be explicit or implicit. The promise should be specific. A brag-and-boast headline, a generalization, or an “over the top” statement will turn readers off before they get to the message.

4. Back up the promise. To make the promise believable, the ad must provide hard evidence that the claim is valid. Why should I believe what you promise? Best of all are testimonials. “They-say” advertising carries more weight than “We-say” advertising.

5. Include a “call to action”. The right reader has read your ad, and bought your promise. Why should they do something…right now? If you’re not doing generalized brand advertising, you want the reader to pick up the phone and take action.

6. Talk person-to-person. Copy is more persuasive when it speaks as if it were one friend telling another friend about a good thing. The writing style should be simple: short words, short sentences, short paragraphs, active rather than passive voice, no clichés, frequent use of the personal pronoun “you.”

7. Reflect your personality. What makes the service provider liked, respected, admired? Messy ads tend to indicate a messy provider. Brag-and-boast ads suggest the advertiser is self-centered, not customer-oriented.

8. Be easy to read. Don’t make the reader struggle to read your ad – crazy colors, varying fonts, complex arrangements make reading more trouble than it’s worth.

...and remember, successful advertisers write ads that make the phone ring -- not that people talk about at the water cooler on Monday morning.
  • Loxly
  • 09-03-2015, 03:10 PM
FBSM? - Rub-a-Dub-Dub. 2 hands and a tug (Number of hands may vary)

Attachment 450235
I like a good title, but chances are if I was interested I'd read the ad anyway. A red flag is the special characters in the title. I may read the ad, but I start with the feeling that it's unlikely I'll click with the provider.

The important part to me is the content. If a provider doesn't have a showcase or many reviews yet that's really the only information I'll see about her, so I like to see a picture and some idea of a menu, rate, and general location.

For a more established provider that has information and pictures in her showcase I'm mostly looking for availability and personality. There are a few providers on here that are always at the top of my list just because I think they would be fun to meet and hang out with for a little while.

I also like to see someone that knows what a spell checker is both in the ad and showcase. I probably wouldn't cross someone off the list for a typo, but it just bugs me.

Attachment 450235 Originally Posted by Loxly
I love it!!
I like a funny ad title. They don't determine whether or not I'm gonna see a certain chic. They're like the sprinkly things on a cupcake, not the reason I bought it but do appreciate the creativity. I do wish ECCIE & BP would put the race of the provider somewhere in the title like AdultSearch does. That would save a few some time from clicking on ads of girls one has absolutely no interest in seeing (and it does happen quite a bit).

1. Select the right audience. Often, an ad is the first meeting place of two parties looking for each other. The headline should attract the interest of those you want to attractnot the interest of readers generally. The ad should say immediately to the target reader, “Hey, this is for you.” So there should be something in the ad that at the first glance enables the reader to identify it as relating to their interests. This is done with either a picture or a headline – preferably both.

2. Use high visual magnetism. On average, only a small number of ads in an issue of a magazine (or a hooker board) will capture the attention of any one reader. Most ads fail the very first test of stopping the reader scanning the page. Ads fail because they either just lie there, or they’re cluttered, noisy and hard to read. An ad should be constructed so a single component dominates the area – a picture, the headline or the text. The more arresting the headline, the more pertinent the picture, the more informative the copy, the better.

3. Promise a reward. An ad will survive the first scan only if readers expect they will learn something of value. The reward can be explicit or implicit. The promise should be specific. A brag-and-boast headline, a generalization, or an “over the top” statement will turn readers off before they get to the message.

4. Back up the promise. To make the promise believable, the ad must provide hard evidence that the claim is valid. Why should I believe what you promise? Best of all are testimonials. “They-say” advertising carries more weight than “We-say” advertising.

5. Include a “call to action”. The right reader has read your ad, and bought your promise. Why should they do something…right now? If you’re not doing generalized brand advertising, you want the reader to pick up the phone and take action.

6. Talk person-to-person. Copy is more persuasive when it speaks as if it were one friend telling another friend about a good thing. The writing style should be simple: short words, short sentences, short paragraphs, active rather than passive voice, no clichés, frequent use of the personal pronoun “you.”

7. Reflect your personality. What makes the service provider liked, respected, admired? Messy ads tend to indicate a messy provider. Brag-and-boast ads suggest the advertiser is self-centered, not customer-oriented.

8. Be easy to read. Don’t make the reader struggle to read your ad – crazy colors, varying fonts, complex arrangements make reading more trouble than it’s worth.

...and remember, successful advertisers write ads that make the phone ring -- not that people talk about at the water cooler on Monday morning.
Originally Posted by The Allnighter
Most valuable piece of info I've picked up on the boards. Thanks.
Not creative at advertisements either. And I further harm myself because I can not have reviews, do not want to advertise on eccie, hate having pics taken so I usually only have a few up, and because I have a slight lisp I avoid taking calls and only like text.

However reaching out to your ideal target bluntly/honestly works pretty well for me--I'll put 'older gentlemen' or 'over 40' or 'nerdy guys' in the title and that is the clients that tend to answer those ads. (yay!)

Also where you post your ad matters..if you are doing FBSM (and do not want reviews so that cancels out eccie)--post on BP therapeutic section and you will get eccie-quality clients but not have to have reviews...but if you post in body-rub section you will get text at all hours that just say random things like 'fs', not even a sentence or even words.
I think the title of this ad says it all: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...815&highlight=

Certainly moved me to call the lady.
Aphrodite,
You should consider contracting with Jenns Lolli for your ads. She NEVER fails to have an enticing ad.

Also with your prandle you should have plenty of Greek Mythology analogies to call upon.

"Well endowed magical Goddess Aphrodite descending to earth to enchant mortals in ATX for Saturnday only, discount:10 simoleons." Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
I love this!! I wonder if JL works on commission?
Btw, Mr. P, if my next ad title looks remotely similar to the above - it will merely be a coincidence

*I am just now checking on responses , as I got distracted, but, am now catching up (on a new computer w/ a sticky 'space' key that is driving me mad ).

Your love slut from Mt. Olympus...Aphrodite
Hmmm... And here I thought I was the only one with "sticky" keys....

HB
Wow. Thank you Miss V for posting this. This is the most useful information I have seen on here!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!
Wow. Thank you Miss V for posting this. This is the most useful information I have seen on here!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
heh Miss V is nowhere in this thread.....

Originally Posted by The Allnighter

Can I call you Mr. Allnighter or TA for the sake of this response? Thank you for this great reminder regarding marketing 101. I am always grateful for your wisdom and...

It occurs to me that a request from a hobbyist, to a provider, works much the same way...Be informative(who/what/when etc.,), show some personality, and that you have done a bit of research on me - reverse marketing, of sorts, I suppose.

Deerhunter - I appreciate your input, as well I will give some thoughts as to 'specifics'...

"Wanted MEN (21 and over) w/ sore muscles and pent up 'energy'" will have to do for now...

Happybanana - The OTHER 'sticky key' problem is what you get when ya buy the 'other' computer because it is $100 less...w/ regards to the OTHER OTHER sticky key problem, I doubt many of your keyboards would pass the 'black light' test

Peace out,

Aphrodite's twin, Venus
I just now sent you a pm that I thought I sent last week. Sorry bout that!

thinking I need to change my handle on here--I keep getting mistaken for a hunter, in truth I want to protect the animals and hunt the hunters!

Attachment 450235 Originally Posted by Loxly
I would have loved this pic back when I did FBSM!