Boxing Fans....a thread for us..

The fight before GGG was Chocolatito Gonzalez from Nicaragua vs Mexican Sosa.
I am Mexican, so noooo comments from mee.
Cotto needs to stop acting like money hungry Beatch. Or he is scared of Canelo and triple GGG. What is he trying to prove with Geale? . This is a boring match.
What is he trying to prove with Geale? . This is a boring match. Originally Posted by SweetDulce
Well it's over quickly.

Cotto ...is scared of Canelo. Originally Posted by SweetDulce
I don't think so.

Cotto ... is scared of triple GGG. Originally Posted by SweetDulce
He wants no part of GGG.
So its about $$ with Canelo?
......Or he is scared of Canelo ...... Originally Posted by SweetDulce
Canelo? Like in cinnamon?

Mr. Cinnamon? ..... wow that's a scary name.
^^^^yes. Cinammon. .. didn't seem scary until c u mentioned it
So its about $$ with Canelo? Originally Posted by SweetDulce
Of course it is. Cotto vs Canelo could generate 1MM PPV buys with Cotto having decent chance to win. Cotto vs GGG not as profitable with Cotto having no chance.
I mean Cotto keeps hinting that a Canelo fight people don't want to give Cotto enough. That said why Cotto won't fight Canelo. He never says it straight out. Just hints that he isn't going to get his fair share of a Canelo fight
I mean Cotto keeps hinting that a Canelo fight people don't want to give Cotto enough. That said why Cotto won't fight Canelo. He never says it straight out. Just hints that he isn't going to get his fair share of a Canelo fight Originally Posted by SweetDulce
Apparently, Canelo believes he's the A side to the negotiations where he likely gave Cotto a lowball offer. However, based on their PPV numbers it's not clear who's A or B.

Cotto numbersPPV: Manny Pacquiao 1,250,000Floyd Mayweather, Jr. 1,500,000Sergio Martínez315,000

Canelo numbersPPV: Floyd Mayweather, Jr.2,200,000Alfredo Angulo350,000Erislandy Lara300,000
The fight before GGG was Chocolatito Gonzalez from Nicaragua vs Mexican Sosa.
I am Mexican, so noooo comments from mee. Originally Posted by SweetDulce
I only started watching boxing more over the past year or so but I'm already a big GGG fan. Gonzalez really impressed me in his fight too so hopefully we'll see more of him in the US.

Well it's over quickly.

I don't think so.

He wants no part of GGG. Originally Posted by htownhammer
They're all afraid of GGG. I did think Cotto looked good last weekend vs Geale but we'll see how he looks vs Canelo when they eventually get around to it.
I like Gonzalez too. Hope he doesn't sell out soon
I like Gonzalez too. Hope he doesn't sell out soon Originally Posted by SweetDulce
He's still young too and with that record, I really think he has a good shot at passing Mayweather's record.

Speaking of Mayweather, GGG calling him out yesterday was pretty hilarious.
Mayweather will not fight GGG...he knows he will get his ass kicked. Floyd's going to pick the easiest guy out there for his last fight....I'm looking forward to his retirement. It will give guys like GGG and others the chance to give us boxing fans some REAL fights to watch
  • Trey
  • 06-17-2015, 01:11 PM
I don't know I think he may fight GGG as his last and final fight. He has one more fight with show time and one for the record, or at least tie it right? That last fight would be worth more then the PAC fight with GGG and the record on the line I would think. If he is truly about the money I'd go out that way.

Watched the Wilder fight last week, that boy knocks em out. But man he got rocked a few times by that Mexican. That Mexican guy put up a good show, I didn't expect him to he looked out of shape.
Mayweather will not fight GGG...he knows he will get his ass kicked. Floyd's going to pick the easiest guy out there for his last fight....I'm looking forward to his retirement. It will give guys like GGG and others the chance to give us boxing fans some REAL fights to watch Originally Posted by SNL9933
With Alvarez and Cotto ducking GGG, there's no way Mayweather will take the fight. There's just too much risk + not enough money for it. We can always dream...

This is actually one thing I like more about MMA than boxing. In boxing, it seems that the promoters have so much influence in setting up fights that boxers like GGG sit on the sidelines forever waiting for a title shot whereas in MMA, it feels like the organization has more control over the fights so you see top contenders (or sometimes hyped new guys) get a shot at the title more often.