Gifts: We've got it backwards!

sir lancehernot,
i do know that some of you hobbiest do expect things of that nature to be part of the session, but there are too many out there that don't and go see anyone because she is the cheapest. that is why i see it as a gift due to so many providers not caring enough to do those things. it is a gift to walk in and see an incall and arrangements that a provider does take time and pride in. but of course this is just my $0.02.
Sorry, Melannie, but I'm not the kind of client who can afford earrings, or, in the case of another provider I know, take a girl to Colorado and buy her a red Mustang. And a jewelry-store watch would definitely look out of place on my wrist. The guys in that league probably do deserve whatever tokens of appreciation you're willing to give them.

I understand the nature of boy-girl relationships and the maybe-she'll-like-me-more willingness of guys to bring gifts to girls and the willingness of women to exploit that. Hell, I'd do it too. I'm just musing, is all. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
I appreciate all aspects of this business, which includes just the excitement of meeting someone new everyday. I am a very personable person(the type who will say hi in line at grocery store) and enjoy company just as much as anything else. I LOVE to learn more about men and there likes/dislikes. Everyone is different but I never put anyone above another just because one brings gifts. I just consider that as a bonus.It is sometimes a natural persona of the man to spoil the ladies. As far as me buying a gift for you, would not be to "suck up" lol so to say, but maybe something that reminded me of you at that time. Now I wouldn't take it upon myself to get something if I know is not appropriate, but just who I am. Thanks for your reply and should pm me sometime
Look at all that some of us do provide for you as hobbiest. Personaly i provide a very clean,safe and descreet incall. From the ambiance and aroma, to refreshing drinks and fully stocked shower and hygine. Not to mention the pride i take in looking good and being just right when you arive. All of that is a gift when you have a lot of providers who don't worry about any of that, as long as you walk in and leave the donation and leave. For my regular clients that are loyal and generous i do give special and personal gifts. Originally Posted by missblue

Agreed....
Sir L, It may help to think of it as a fantasy date. Thus gifts are appropriate.

In RL, you bring flowers or candy, or something personal and then spend money taking her out and, maybe, getting what a provider gives you up-front.

This is an NSA (no, not that one) relationship. Think of it as the last hour of a RL date. Your "gift" is the knowledge your going to get some.
Clearly Sir Lancehernot, Philosophical musing is a dying art.
sir lancehernot,
i do know that some of you hobbiest do expect things of that nature to be part of the session, but there are too many out there that don't and go see anyone because she is the cheapest. that is why i see it as a gift due to so many providers not caring enough to do those things. it is a gift to walk in and see an incall and arrangements that a provider does take time and pride in. but of course this is just my $0.02. Originally Posted by missblue
No offense is meant here. It's your job to do that stuff. It's the profession you chose to participate and if you want to succeed at the price point you charge for your services, you have to primp accordingly. Not saying it shouldn't be appreciated but simply saying, it goes with the job.
^^^ This.

Being clean, no drama, on time, etc. should be the standard (as it should be in any business), not the exception.