Is the engagement ring an outdated concept?

what pisses me off, I spend $2000 on a diamond 40 years ago, then when I went to sell my gold ring, I got $80 for it,

life is just fair Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Those guys working in those shitty looking shops in the diamond district live in magnificent 30th floor penthouses overlooking Central Park with a huge patio because of transactions just like that.
It's not a real reason, though. Just because you hate a particular group doesn't mean that they deserve fewer privileges than you. A real reason would be a logical conclusion that ends with straight people deserving and gay people not.

Privileges? LOL! Marriage is more about government imposed detriments. Gay people want more government control over their lives?

The "definition" of marriage varies widely on who writes it. What I mean is that the actual wording goes back and forth between "a man and a woman" and "two people." Regardless, it wouldn't be a special right. It would be an equal right.
That's the problem. The traditional definition does not vary. The definition gets changed by those who are trying to destroy marriage.

Why? I know plenty of shitty couples that are comprised of a man and a woman. I honestly have met only one dysfunctional gay couple ever. So, why are kids better off with straight parents?

Are you trying to say gay couples are healthier than straight couples? Methinks you are a gay rights activist.

Why is it a waste of time? Who's time are they wasting?
How are they ruining society? In what way does it ruin society for two homosexuals to get married?

It's a waste of time because of the government control over the personal relationship. The only reason for subjecting yourself to that governmental control is children. Gay marriage ruins society because it destroys people's respect for marriage. Society is harmed when children are not raised in mother/father households. Gay relationships are not as good as straight relationships because gay relationships create new human life. Of course, radical whack-jobs do not respect human life.

Yeah. That. Originally Posted by sexxytexxan

I think you are a sissy who finds his pleasures in the anuses of other men. You are a monster.
Depends on the value of the ring
Who'd marry you anyway? Don't worry about it, you cheap bastard.
make that life is NOT fair
Depends on the value of the ring Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
I might change my opinion in your case, you beautiful lady...
I might change my opinion in your case, you beautiful lady... Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Was this before or after your "last post"?