1956 Chevy 2 door. 396 4 speed

1957 Chevy convertable. 327 4 speed

1962 Chevy 1/2 ton p/u

1967 Chevy Chevelle Convertable 283 Powerglide

1967 Chevy Elcomino 327 Turbo Hydro

1969 Corvette T-top 350 Turbo Hydro

1971 Chevy Monte Carlo 350

1989 Chevy Caprice cop car...
The allure of cars, their identities, personalities, the mechanics of it all, etc. always escaped me.

There is not a car out there that makes me drool. As far as I'm concerned, the whole industry holds no interest to me. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Poor Chuckie. You don't know what you are missing.
Chevy? Yuck!
Chevy? Yuck! Originally Posted by Naomi4u
You want a Bentley...free. Must be a snob.
You want a Bentley...free. Must be a snob. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Charles, I love cars (Just not Chevys). A Bentley wouldn't hurt but I love what I drive now. Thanks for the kind words .
Ha. I own a 3rd gen Camaro... must be the trailer in me but I prefer T-Tops over convertibles any day. Plan on getting a 2nd gen as well.
I had an '95 Impala SS. Four door Vette. Sold it a couple of years later. I still like a C5 or C6 Z06. Fantastic bang for the buck.
I am definitely a Chevy Man. I don't really dig their cars though. I am a Truck (Silverado) / SUV (Tahoe) guy - I love the room and the ability to haul stuff around in them as a home owner. Don't care for GMC much either... GMC= (Generic Made Chevrolet). :-) j/k.
I have owned/driven a ridiculous number of vehicles.

I once lucked into a period of time when I had 4 different Vettes (C4s) in 6 months. Lots of fun; even through the winter; well other than the ice storm.

My two faves were the bright yellow one and the one that was a deep metallic purple; in bright sunlight it looked like grape crush. My black Lab got used to snuggling onto the rear shelf for car rides.

At one time there was a race series that used showroom stock Camaros (Players Challenge). I had one of those for a bit on the street. It was a bit scary. All of the grip was in the tires; lose it and you were in the weeds with no suspension to help you.

My favorite Chevy was my 1970 Monte Carlo. It came from the factory with a 350/300 HP. After a bit of work I had it over 350 HP. The 1970 MC was built on the full size Chevy chassis, so it could put the power down and GO. Used to PO a friend of mine who had a 1968 Camaro SS; my MC would beat him every time!
Only one sports car in my book: Porsche 911
At one time there was a race series that used showroom stock Camaros (Players Challenge). I had one of those for a bit on the street. It was a bit scary. All of the grip was in the tires; lose it and you were in the weeds with no suspension to help you. Originally Posted by EJunkie
Friends have a '89 Camaro 1LE package (very rare).
Friends have a '89 Camaro 1LE package (very rare). Originally Posted by SR Only

Yes they are.

The Players Challenge car I had was an R7U

http://www.playerschallengeseries.ca/Production_nos.htm
Only one sports car in my book: Porsche 911 Originally Posted by pjorourke

Yes PJ they are fun to drive. And like some others I have my GMC SUV that gets most of the use but I do have a sweet little 65 Vette that I picked up a few years back that seldom gets driven.
I've never owned one...I haven't seen one that works for me since the purchase decision has been mine to make.

I gotta say though...the old man had a '71 Malibu coupe....aqua w/white leather interior. That was one SWEET ride!!

LOL...right up the part where my older brother totaled it. Don't think I'd seen Pop cry before...or since!
  • WTF
  • 03-20-2011, 09:23 PM
but I do have a sweet little 65 Vette that I picked up a few years back that seldom gets driven. Originally Posted by OneHotMale
We're talking about cars here not some old chick you met at a nursing home with a funny name. . .