what band will you be seeing?

Really looking forward to acl this year! The lineup pretty FN good
Anybody have ACL tickets? What bands/individuals you looking forward to seeing/hearing?
ACL headliners are off the charts - Pearl Jam, Eminem and....the one and only mutherfukin OutKast!!!

'Kast hasn't toured for 10 years. I'm from Dallas and when I heard they were doing 40 shows this summer I said to myself: "Self, I hope them boys come to Big D but if they play anywhere near you - New Orleans, Houston or whatever....you gotta be there." Then I saw they were doing Austin for ACL, me and the homies got tix for BOTH weekends.

I am so stoked for this it's embarrassing.
Anybody have ACL tickets? What bands/individuals you looking forward to seeing/hearing? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I'll be looking forward to some time in San Antonio. I hate big festivals.
I'll be looking forward to some time in San Antonio. I hate big festivals. Originally Posted by Jagermonster
LOL. It would just be you and about 75,000 of your closest friends.
I'm with you on this activity. Too damn much traffic, mediocre crowd management, Stupid prices. For most the the acts that come to town, I wouldn't put up with the hassle and expense even if they were playing in my living room. Been in Austin too long, seen too many good bands/acts to put up with the "cattle herding" everyone seems to accept as normal.
ah, as they say.. "The good ol' days". Originally Posted by nuglet
Not all shows are ACL Fest. The Austin music scene is alive and well without crowds and without high prices on Red River and East 6th-ish. Your limited point of view is causing you to miss out on a lot of fun.

http://showlistaustin.com/
Going to see Bob Schneider at The Roost next Friday. Possibly Ginger Leigh at the Saxon Pub next Saturday.
Sat., Aug. 16 is going to be a good music day for me. There's a surf rock show at the Vortex from noon-5, and then the Coffee Sergeants play at 1:1 Bar that night.

The Coffee Sergeants put on real psychedelic rock, middle-aged and short-haired and all, they're not just some kids who heard some vintage albums.

BTW, SpeedRacer, I see that Brennan Leigh plays at ABGB tomorrow afternoon 4 p.m., I might poke my head in there, esp. considering the price (free.) You know, we surely have a lot of musical Brennans and Brannens in this town: Brennan Leigh, Brannen Temple, and at least one more.
Nov. 18th

Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, and Exodus!! @ ACL Live

I <3 Slayer so much. I won't be here for that show, though.
Bob Schneider next week. For ACL, I hatehate the crowds as well, but will get over it and do it for the love of Judas Priest. And Beck as well.
Also, very much waiting for Jackson Browne to come back!

xoxo.
Scarletseven6
Fabulous FBSM++++
Slayer would be gr8 too if i can.
haven't seen them since the dead horse days...ahhh.
Ringo Starr and his all star band. Oct 8 at ACL.
  • Toyz
  • 07-31-2014, 09:03 PM
Heading out to San Francisco...for the labor day weekend show....

Fly out next Wednesday to the bay for Tom Petty, The Killers, Phosphorecent, Deathcab for Cutie, Artic Monkeys, Ray LaMontangue, Spoon, Cvurches, Ben Howard...others at the Outside Lands Festival next weekend...
any shows i should go to tonight?