Cancellation policies.

If I read correctly, Gina will assist in collecting if all guidelines have been met. Originally Posted by Raquel de Milo

What about all the women who cancel on a guy? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Even though you'll never hear a provider pay a cancellation fee. Instead a guy is forced to write something in a forum and face the wrath of her white knights. I have driven 60+ miles on more than one occasion only to turn around a drive home with blue balls. Why because I don't want to have a "Plan B" and waste someone else's time. Time is money for both sides any way you slice it.
Raquel, you asked,
"Guys have you seen many ladies advertise cancellation policies?
What did you think about it? Would a cancellation fee make you decide to not see the lady?
What do you think is an appropriate cancellation fee?"

i have never scheduled and had a consultating session w/ a provider who informed me about a cancellation policy. if she had one, she never told me about it.

i have had to cancel a few times in my years. sometimes days in advance, but i dont think ever less than 6 hrs.
once i was going to be about 20 mins late to an appt. she called while i was driving there and said "since you're late, we need to reschedule." i learned from that!
i've been canceled on a few times as well. again, sometimes days in advance. a few times w/in hours.
at least they contacted me. i rolled with it and moved on.

having a cancellation fee would affect my decision. how much? depends on the fee and a few other intangible things.

if you are going to have a cancellation policy [when it applies and when it doesnt apply, the fee, etc.], just state it upfront on your showcase, profiles, and website.
will it affect your business? yes. to what degree? unknown.
if you dont have one, will it affect your business? yes. to what degree? unknown.

if you decide to have a cancellation policy, one thing you could do is have them setup a deposit that becomes the cancellation fee if they cancel w/in x hrs or days of the appt. sure, setting up such an acct is tricky, but doable. and you could waive it under certain circumstances that you decide upon.

but, in my opinion, do not tie it to any specific costs you may have or might have incurred. ["you know, honey, i had to get this lavish room for our tryst. and now i'm stuck with the hotel bill."]
discussing how you run your business [esp. cash flow] is NOT erotically stimulating, imho.

just state it and deal w/ each case as it occurs.

Mya, you said,
"...so cancellation has never really put me in the hole but when I do tour i am going to be very afraid of cancellations because I have never had to spend money to make money before.

But I can imagine that it can make you very upset to go buy a hotel room then sit and sit and get stood up."

if you have an apt or a home, then you are spending money to make money. it's just that if you tour, you have to spend more money to make money.

also, while i agree that one can get upset or pissed if one gets stood up or NCNS, that is just part of this business. it will happen, maybe not today or tomorrow, but it will happen.
instead of "going to be very afraid of cancellations", plan and prepare for it rather than be surprised and pissed when it happens.
Well I fell victim of this,
Booked with Kimberly Stone of True Companions (Claire) knowing there was a fee for cancelation, But here's the kicker, It says if you cancel less than 2hrs of appointment time, Well I called on short notice 12:30 and she was available for a 2:00 appointment so that's an 1 1/2

Called back 20 minutes later to tell Claire that I needed to cancel because of a kid issue and had to pick the kid up at school, I could have rebooked for the same day without the fee but if I was to wait and schedule another day there will be a 100 fee atop of the donation in order to visit her,

So there's a fine line there, So do I really owe that since I made the appointment on short notice all within 30 min of my first call, Doesn't seam fair to me, Cause I still would love to visit her and maybe 1 or 2 of the there other lovely ladies. But I won't unless the fee is dropped

Buck
What about all the women who cancel on a guy? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Even though you'll never hear a provider pay a cancellation fee. Instead a guy is forced to write something in a forum and face the wrath of her white knights. I have driven 60+ miles on more than one occasion only to turn around a drive home with blue balls. Why because I don't want to have a "Plan B" and waste someone else's time. Time is money for both sides any way you slice it. Originally Posted by Epimetheus

Put your cancellation policy in your p411 profile. I am sure Gina will help you collect it.
Clients: if you make an appointment and have to cancel at the last minute, the right thing to do is offer to pay a cancellation fee... even if the provider doesn't have a cancellation policy in place. She has been inconvenienced and her livelihood affected, and it's common courtesy to be cognoscente of that.

Providers: if you book an appointment and have to cancel at the last minute, the right thing to do is offer the client a significant credit towards a re-booking, and follow through with it.... even if he doesn't make a big fuss, he has been inconvenienced. It's common courtesy and what a responsible business person does.

Having respect for one another in this industry will go a long way, for both provider and clients. It's very unfortunate that so many people in this industry think nothing of giving the other side the run around, without a second thought, and it's something I would like to see change.

Clients: paying a cancellation fee is not a punishment, it's the right thing to do.

Providers: giving a client a significant discount if you've inconvenience him is not a punishment, it's the right thing to do.

If cancellation policies are needed to bring this issue to the forefront, then so be it.

Always,
Gina
Gina, I agree with your comments particularly the need to show mutual respect for one another. It is a very rare provider who follows your suggestions. I dont know about a cancellation fee but some sort of special consideration is in order for last minute cancellations. I have been in the hobby for many many years and it is a rare client or provider who shows concern about inconveniencing the other.
I do alot of my appointments short notice due to the fact i work a day job. But when I take off work to visit another city I definitely am in favor of cancellation fees. Especially if the appointment is for a lengthy period of time. My fellow providers on here who are much more organized then me and don't do short notice appointments I know have missed out on 1000's A by not taking appointments because they already have one schedualed lus costs of rooms and other things. The chance of it happening is slim because there are so many providers who really dont care if a guy has a bad rep for ncns or cancelling at the last minute. just my opinion
Damn, Gina that is really going to throw a wrench in the fucktards that request an appointment, get screened, and then cancel or NCNS. What are these fucktards gonna do?
The only way to collect is on the next visit. if you are traveling, you might not see the same person for months or years. Hard to keep track of.

Fair only if it goes both ways. If the provider cancels, they should issue a discount on next visit.
Both parties need to be considerate of each other anyway. I think a cancellation fee is a bit too much, but I can totally agree how cancellations may affect a provider when she is traveling.

Unless you have the hobbyist's credit card on file (I doubt it) and a written policy given from previous visits and he HAS to come back to you (to complete something from previous visits) (Dr. Dentist etc.) your premise of having a "cancellation fee" is quite humorous...

Clients: if you make an appointment and have to cancel at the last minute, the right thing to do is offer to pay a cancellation fee... even if the provider doesn't have a cancellation policy in place. She has been inconvenienced and her livelihood affected, and it's common courtesy to be cognoscente of that.

Providers: if you book an appointment and have to cancel at the last minute, the right thing to do is offer the client a significant credit towards a re-booking, and follow through with it.... even if he doesn't make a big fuss, he has been inconvenienced. It's common courtesy and what a responsible business person does.

Having respect for one another in this industry will go a long way, for both provider and clients. It's very unfortunate that so many people in this industry think nothing of giving the other side the run around, without a second thought, and it's something I would like to see change.

Clients: paying a cancellation fee is not a punishment, it's the right thing to do.

Providers: giving a client a significant discount if you've inconvenience him is not a punishment, it's the right thing to do.

If cancellation policies are needed to bring this issue to the forefront, then so be it.

Always,
Gina Originally Posted by GinaXXX

Then I fully expect a NO SHOW fee to be collected from any provider that is a No Show...

Any talk of fees for cancellation of a session from either party is just plain silly.
Then I fully expect a NO SHOW fee to be collected from any provider that is a No Show...

Any talk of fees for cancellation of a session from either party is just plain silly.
Originally Posted by LickHer
You obviously have never really seen just plain silly. The more realistic approach would be getting cancellation from your SO when you thinck you are getting some and then you do not. Make that happen and you will thinck dealing with cancellations from providers as a piece of cake.
I once asked for "earnest money" lol after two cancellations from someone I'd never seen before. I told him if he wanted to see me then he'd have to PayPal me 100 as a way of securing his appt because I no longer took him seriously. Never heard from him again. Some guys just get their grins from endless texts and emails as a buildup to the appt they will never make. And then some book multiple appts with different providers and then decide who they really wanna see at the last minute.

I agree with Gina and would love to see gents respect our time, schedules and livelihood. Unfortunately, the majority of gents have little to no respect for a lady's time let alone the lady herself - and with all the bs it seems gents put up with chasing after their newest thrill who could blame them. There are shitty people on both sides that screw it up for everyone. If we could master some mutual respect on both sides I think it would go a very long way. Just being honest.

Play safe and have FUN!!!!
I'll just be at the bar having a beer, nurse.
I kid, I kid.