Could you pass the US citizenship test?

I still couldn't believe that there were 27 amendments in the big C.

I thought there were like 15. Originally Posted by muffin101
there are 15, but they had to amend some of them twice.
I carry a copy of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights with me. When I hear some one quote them wrong I can read it to them. My belief is that Texas can declare war on Mexico when shots from across the border hit a building in the US. Article 1 Section 10 The 18th Amendment was repealed by the 21st Amendment.
there are 15, but they had to amend some of them twice. Originally Posted by Jarvis
I get all warm and fuzzy knowing that I was kinda right..

I am legal. In celebratory fashion the ladies should post taint photos.
I went through 25 and got 24 correct. The one it claimed I got wrong, I think that the slide is incorrect. It was twp rights that are available to everyone in the country. I got one correct, but the other I listed, "equal protection of the laws" as embodied in the 14th Amendment is also applicable to all persons, not just citizens. I think that the answer was wrong, or perhaps the question was unclear (if they were confining themselves to the first ten amendments). But this should be a piece of cake for any American citizen who has taken a 7th grade civics course, never mind high school government. It's shocking to me that significant numbers of people can't pass this.
I went through all of them and missed 3:

I thought there was 38 amendments... way off on that
I said 1789 for the Constitution.. not 1787

I disagree with the other I missed.. that the "main concern" during the cold war was communism... not true... the escalation of nuclear arms was my answer.. I am right..
I went through all of them and missed 3:

I thought there was 38 amendments... way off on that
I said 1789 for the Constitution.. not 1787

I disagree with the other I missed.. that the "main concern" during the cold war was communism... not true... the escalation of nuclear arms was my answer.. I am right.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

Chung,

I thought it was the nuclear race too.

the "main concern" during the cold war Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I thought it was "germs". I'm glad it wasn't multiple choice....
I missed 2. When the constitution was written and number of major political parties. I thought they were all Republicrats.
Squares, lines & dots, prime numbers. sigh
http://m.wcvb.com/news/could-you-pas...-test/24414658

Take the test! Let me know how you did! Originally Posted by Jillian Price
That was pretty fucking easy, though I missed 3 anyway. Questions were a little sloppy.
Did you people even go to school, or if you did, were you stoned?
...... that the Speaker of the House takes over if the President and Vice President are unable to serve... Originally Posted by Super Sonic
And that is how Gerald Ford became president.

I did well enough. The # of members of the house I had NO clue one. And the year the Constitution was written. Like someone else said, I thought it was 1789 (the year it went into effect)
And that is how Gerald Ford became president.
Originally Posted by Bad_Mojo
cool.. never knew he was President... all I know is SMU's stadium is named after him..

I was surprised at how many I actually got right! US citizenship here I CUMMMMM!!!!! wooooohoooooo!!!
Gerald Ford did not become President because he was Speaker of the House. When VP Agnew resigned, President Nixon nominated him to be VP under the 25 5h. Amendment. He was approved by both houses os Congress. When Nixon resigned he became President. This has got to be the easiest test I ever took. If I cold not have aced this when I was in the fifth grade my teacher would not have promoted me to the sixth grade. Christ, people, read a book!