Olympics opening ceremony

She was attending, and I thought you had a soft/hard spot for her
I missed it, did anybody get pissed when we didn't dip our flag to the british leaders?
She was attending, and I thought you had a soft/hard spot for her Originally Posted by essence
So you weren't making an "optimistic" reference in regards to Romney's wife?
I enjoyed it, but was disappointed in NBC coverage/editing. I miss the days when more "free" stations covered it.

Anyway, I started watching about 1/2 way through. I loved the lighting of the torch, the fireworks, and Paul McCartney.

England should be proud!!!
She was attending, and I thought you had a soft/hard spot for her Originally Posted by essence
I wasn't sure if you were talking about Michelle the current first lady, or the Ann the soon to be first lady. They were both there. Yes, I do think Ann is pretty hot for age. Of course, it's subjective, to each, his own.

I thought they did an outstanding job! Pink Floyd was my favorite I got the chills ! Paul McCartney did a great job as well, can't believe he still looks & sounds so good ! Overall I thought the whole thing was really good, I liked Mr Bean too, laughed my butt off The whole thing was pretty touching

Dark Side of the Moon was the perfect choice to accompany the fireworks. I didn't get chills but I think I was close!
I thought they did an outstanding job! Pink Floyd was my favorite I got the chills ! Paul McCartney did a great job as well, can't believe he still looks & sounds so good ! Overall I thought the whole thing was really good, I liked Mr Bean too, laughed my butt off The whole thing was pretty touching

Originally Posted by Sweet N Little
It aired again this morning in the wee hours. Recorded it. Nobody mentioned Mike Oldfield and "Tubular Bells" (theme song from Linda Balir's "The Exorcist"). And yeah, Pink Floyd is great, and Paul McCartney had a righteous performance, just as he did when I first heard "Hey Jude" on the "Smothers Brother's Comedy Hour" back in 1968. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q6uKRQqOME
I wasn't sure if you were talking about Michelle the current first lady, or the Ann the soon to be first lady. They were both there. Yes, I do think Ann is pretty hot for age. Of course, it's subjective, to each, his own.

Originally Posted by joe bloe
Hell yea, I'd do Ann any day! The other, not so much. Besides, you know Mitt only gets out of his magic underwear two or three times a year soooooo you know she is one horny MILF!

Originally Posted by joe bloe
HOLY SHIT JOE! YOU MIGHT WIN THE GOLD MEDAL FOR ASSHOLINESS!

I'll lay odds you couldn't hold a conversation with either of these women ... even the dumb blonde! (Gets lots of hits on Tineye, btw)

Oh, and nothing came close to Rowan Atkinson in the Chariots of Fire deal... I'd have bought the Mary Poppins stuff if Julie Andrews would have been one of them.
It aired again this morning in the wee hours. Recorded it. Nobody mentioned Mike Oldfield and "Tubular Bells" (theme song from Linda Balir's "The Exorcist"). And yeah, Pink Floyd is great, and Paul McCartney had a righteous performance, just as he did when I first heard "Hey Jude" on the "Smothers Brother's Comedy Hour" back in 1968. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q6uKRQqOME Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I'm sorry I missed "Tubular Bells." I've been a huge Michael Oldfield fan since college. Oldfield's first album "Tubular Bells" sold millions of copies. It was the first album ever released by Virgin Records which was the first company founded by it's multi billionaire owner Richard Branson.

I remember the Beatles doing "Hey Jude" on television like it was yesterday.

Here's a great live version of Tubular Bells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSRJvq4Wd48
I'm sorry I missed "Tubular Bells." I've been a huge MIchael Oldfield fan since college. Oldfield's first album "Tubular Bells" sold millions of copies. It was the first album ever released by Virgin Records which was the first company founded by it's multibillionair owner Richard Branson. Originally Posted by joe bloe
Oldfield did an excellent job, and he is a remarkable artist.
HOLY SHIT JOE! YOU MIGHT WIN THE GOLD MEDAL FOR ASSHOLINESS!

I'll lay odds you couldn't hold a conversation with either of these women ... even the dumb blonde! (Gets lots of hits on Tineye, btw)

Oh, and nothing came close to Rowan Atkinson in the Chariots of Fire deal... I'd have bought the Mary Poppins stuff if Julie Andrews would have been one of them. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
If they gave Nobel prizes for biggest assholes you'd be on your way to Stockholm.
It's the PISS prize, which would be in Oslo, you incredibly stupid fuck! (Please don't take that personally, I call all the stupid fucks I know STUPID FUCKS!)

Again, do you have a job?

Or are you just a high functioning dipshit?
It's the PISS prize, which would be in Oslo, you incredibly stupid fuck! (Please don't take that personally, I call all the stupid fucks I know STUPID FUCKS!)

Again, do you have a job?

Or are you just a high functioning dipshit? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
All the Nobel prizes are awarded in Stockholm Sweden except for the Nobel Peace Prize which is awarded in Oslo, Norway. Alfred Nobel was Swedish.

Since 1901, the Nobel Prizes have been presented to the Laureates at ceremonies on 10 December, the anniversary of Alfred Nobel's death. As stipulated in the will of the Swedish-born inventor and international industrialist Alfred Nobel, which was opened after his death in 1896, the Nobel Prizes in Physics, Biggest Assholes, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine and Literature are awarded in Stockholm, Sweden, while the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo, Norway.

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_priz...onies/history/