Walmarts in small towns allowed EBT cards to be used without balances showing, nothing could possible go wrong here, could it?

What's a sot machine? Originally Posted by acp5762
A machine that drinks too much.
A machine that drinks too much. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Hahaha, Ok I'll go with that.
Looks like Walmart is going to be eating the bill for all the folks who bum rushed the store and used EBT cards without balances.

Quote:
"According to the state, the retailer is on the hook for the overages.

DCFS tells KSLA News 12 that no EBT card is ever limitless, and that when these outages happen, the retailer has a responsibility to implement emergency procedures. Those procedures include placing a phone call and verbally approving a spending limit for the customer. Trey Williams with DCFS says some retailers chose not to do that.

"These businesses are only reimbursed for the benefits on the card, and they are completely responsible. So if someone had 50 dollars on their card, and they spent 100, the retailer, in this case Walmart, would be on the hook for the other fifty."

http://www.ksla.com/story/23688829/f...spree-who-pays

"So, isn't this fraud? The state has a way of tracking welfare fraud with GPS based software. DCFS knows who purchased what, and how much was spent. That information is available to be passed on to law enforcement, should it be requested. The information is there, the question now is what will they do with it. "
Wonder who they vote for
I really hope they go after these people. It would send a bad message if they didn't in my opinion.
Another repetitive thread by Stan Dope ?
Another repetitive thread by Stan Dope ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Was there another Walmart thread?

Or was this thread erroneously entitled ... should have been

"How to Blame a Retailer for Not Preventing Consumers from Spending Too Much"
Another repetitive thread by Stan Dope ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Ummmm.. dude, my post on Walmart was first at 4pm yesterday. If you are speaking about the guy who got banned, his was a copy cat (redundant post) of mine and his was posted at 9:12 pm yesterday.

The redundancy was with the banned guy...lol