Make it Right founder Brad Pitt sued over construction of New Orleans Homes

• WTF
  • 02-17-2019, 08:04 PM
Considering most builders exploit low paid Hispanic workers why would this instance be any different? Originally Posted by friendly fred
Correct. I was in New Orleans during some of the Katrina aftermath, and all of the major reconstruction projects, including the improving of the Hurricane Barrier down the Industrial Canal, as manned by workers who were Hispanic.

I doubt many were there before the Storm. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Are we saying the government exploited illegal migrants?

ff is that anything like exploiting asian spa workers?

. Originally Posted by WTF
People who get exploited by the government come in all colors.

People who exploit Asian spa workers are assholes who should be ashamed of themselves.

. Originally Posted by WTF
i

I doubt you could call it exploitation. They were paying the top pay scales in the industry.

The labor had to come from somewhere. It seems the local population could not produce the number of workers needed.
i

I doubt you could call it exploitation. They were paying the top pay scales in the industry.

The labor had to come from somewhere. It seems the local population could not produce the number of workers needed. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Well, you are likely mostly correct about it not being exploitation but the mere presence of additional workers does tend to relieve the pressure on worker pay, hence the presence of a foreign work force both reduces native worker pay, and to the extent that native born workers would be paying taxes but are unemployed due to the jobs going to non native workers, the government incurs additional costs both for the directly displaced, and the associated costs of foreign families receiving aid as well.