Shut Up & Kiss Me!

If some chemistry is present, then the kissing can increase it. A former gf and I were moderately attracted to each other until we kissed. Our chemistry was notched up significantly by our kissing. We were well matched bcd, and even experimented. Finding new things we enjoyed together.

Usually, more chemistry first, but not always.
"Pillow-Lips" is a GREAT Kisser.
I could NOT get enough of her Kisses.
I LOVE a Woman that knows how to Kiss
and use her Mouth. <BJ>

CG
Chemistry and willingness to enjoy it are key. I enjoyed a long session years ago with a girl who was a lousy kisser, but the whole situation was so hot it still burns 20 years later!
I suppose there's all kinds of kisses. Some dont require chemistry (the kind where she sticks ..or vice versa..her tongue down your throat in a nasty way). I hate that. Kissing to me is something extremely gentle and sensual and sometimes...being good at that, alone, builds chemistry
Brings back an old memory when I had just gotten out of college. I dated a young lady for a year on and off and the chemistry was definitely there. Her BCD skills were way beyond average but she couldnt kiss worth a damn.
To make matters worse, she LOVED to kiss! To this day, kissing here was an indescribeable experience, kinda like kissing the a wet end of a pipe... or something...
I think it's a little bit of both. All I ask is don't slather a gallon of saliva all over my face or in my mouth. If you are going to kiss, know how or learn first. I would practice on the back of you hand. (Although, if you kiss already you probably think you're the World's best at it anyway!)
It is an interesting question. Back in college a young lady from the dorm next door and I met daily in the parking lot for a make out session, even though she was "loyal" to her boyfriend and we both knew it would lead nowhere. She simply thought I was the best kisser she'd ever met.

By contrast, my SO of almost a quarter century and I rarely kiss, she thinks I don't know what I'm doing, and I think she is a terrible kisser, go figure.

Regards,