Contact In between sessions

I agree with this....also, do not schedule a session then cancel & ask to take the provider to lunch instead of the session. I won't mention names....uh hum. Originally Posted by Kendall4U
Those guys are usually the first or second to respond to these type of threads too... lol
I like to see when someone has good memories of our time together. But, if you just send this over and over, never scheduling a follow up visit, it gets old and may lead me to believe you're just a timewaster. Originally Posted by Laura Lynn
This.
Those guys are usually the first or second to respond to these type of threads too... lol Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
EXACTLY....
Thank y'all for your responses. I'm actually surprised that most of the comments here have been both genuine and non-snarky.

The contact I have between sessions tends to be a few days before the next one. Maybe something like “hey, this is ... Are you available this day at this time?”

Boring, I know.
Okay, this has probably been asked many times before, but I'm being a lazy fucker and don't feel like searching through all the BS to try and find a thread on it:

After you have had a session with a provider and you intend on a return visit, do you keep in occasional contact? I'm not talking about a daily barrage of texts, but rather more like an occasional "How you doing? I still remember the last great session, and am looking forward to the next one!" type thing.

Do you do this as a hobbyist?

For the providers, is this a nice thing, or is it just an annoyance to you?
Originally Posted by hotindallas
While I enjoy emails or texts before an appointment (or immediately after) I get super annoyed when clients decide to pop up in my emails, DM's or PM's with empty hands. As a matter of fact, I've had to add several names to the spam folder as of late.

Nonetheless, I understand the need to keep in touch, but clients also need to respect boundaries. Unless you are booking an appointment, sending some $$$ or flying me to you, there's really no reason to contact me. No reason at all.
Only my regulars have that privilege and even then they know how to respect my boundaries I don't want to do all that extra chit-chatting and between seeing them for appointments unless it's absolutely necessary now I'm not too rude if you want to catch up you know with the brief conversation I might be okay with that but not too often and especially not with the empty hands
Oh and one more thing I hate the pen pal type client that wants to sit up and chit chat all day long only the cancel or not be able to hook up later like they promised that's why I don't like all the talk unless they're regulars because then I know they have good intentions towards me and they will come and see me again if something really does happen to pop up
  • Crock
  • 11-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Nonetheless, I understand the need to keep in touch, but clients also need to respect boundaries. Unless you are booking an appointment, sending some $$$ or flying me to you, there's really no reason to contact me. No reason at all. Originally Posted by Adrienne Baptiste
The reverse is also true. With a few exceptions (discounted rates or something), I have almost zero desire to contact a provider between sessions. There's a reason why I'm seeing providers and not civvies. We pay them to go away.
I agree with this....also, do not schedule a session then cancel & ask to take the provider to lunch instead of the session. I won't mention names....uh hum. Originally Posted by Kendall4U
Slubby is a naughty boy!

I text them when I do a review. Other than that, only when I'm ready to see then again
Never ever ever have I, or will I, contact a lady unless I want to give em a 1 way ticket to pound town with a short layover in dick city. Not a PM, not a text, not an email or a call.

I call and text my family and friends. Although I'm sure some of these ladies would make wonderful friends, I don't come here to make friends.

• BLM69
  • 11-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Text her at leat once a day in between. And if she doesn't reply, make sure you call so you know she's ok and still getting your messages. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
Maybe the OP has no one else to message besides hookers, I've seen ads on CL where you can find text buddies and send each other dick pics if the ladies here don't respond to you.
Unfortunately I've found out that these ladies only care about our $$$. I've tried being friends or a shoulder for a few gals and it means nothing to them--even if you treat them with respect and act like a gentleman--they could care less. And that's sad--BUT I STILL LOVE ALL OF THEM THAT SEE ME
Maybe the OP has no one else to message besides hookers, I've seen ads on CL where you can find text buddies and send each other dick pics if the ladies here don't respond to you. Originally Posted by BLM69
BLM, what is the purpose of your post? It appears to me that you simply want to stir the pot rather than provide information. Did you even read any of the comments in the thread? For example, quoting myself:

I never said that I wanted to. Mostly, I'm just curious to see if anyone does it, and if providers like it or don't like it. Originally Posted by hotindallas

You know absolutely nothing about me. Again, the word "curious" is what I used. As in "Do some hobbyists do this, and do some providers like it?". The last two words in the Eccie acronym are "Information Exchange", not "Insult Exchange", and I happen to know that there are still some of us who actually want to share information for the betterment of not only our own hobby experiences, but also of others as well.

Way too many of y'all want to cram every person into a single mold constructed around your own word view. Guess what? Every single person is different. Some hobbyists, based on their posts in this thread, would never contact a provider between sessions. Some would. Some providers don't like to be contacted for any reason other than session scheduling. Some appreciate an occasional contact that reminds them that you truly do remember them and look forward to seeing them again.

So, I guess I can now pretty much answer my own OP question: Some do, some don't. It depends on the people involved and their personal preferences. Damn. Kind of like nearly everything else in life...

Needlessly throwing veiled or direct insults around at people on this board only really accomplishes one thing: It prevents a lot of people, who might have good ideas, questions, or comments, from posting for fear of being flamed.
The reverse is also true. With a few exceptions (discounted rates or something), I have almost zero desire to contact a provider between sessions. There's a reason why I'm seeing providers and not civvies. We pay them to go away. Originally Posted by Crock
I've never been the type of gal to text clients randomly in hopes of soliciting an appointment (It lacks discretion IMHO).

On the other hand, I do offer a monthly newsletter for those who want to opt-in and stay in the loop. It's much easier to 'keep in touch' via mass email anyway. My interested clients either read it or don't they don't. Most importantly, they can unsubscribe from my emails anytime.