New House For Me! :)

Congrats, I recently bought my first house, it's a great experience.
Congratulations!! Good for you babe! I would be glad to help you celebrate too!
woo hoo congrads. i just want to put my name on the list of viewers for the running thru it naked event. ha ha
Now you get to spend your free time fixin stuff and spending $$$ down at the Home Depot like the rest of us (suckers) . I spent $400 and a cold day up in the attic today putting in a new water heater. Would much rather spent that money on a couple of warm hours between the sheets.

Really tho, good for you. Enjoy crankin the music at full volume! Always glad to hear when the ladies make positive moves from being providers. Here's to good health & happiness in your new home!

I'll be out of commission for the next couple of days...just fyi.

I have bought my first house without the assistance of any one man in particular (although I won't say without the assistance of men, lol) and I will be moving and settling in during the next couple of days!

I would really like to thank all my wonderful male friends here (you know who you are!) for making this dream come true for me and my family!

Don't miss me too much...I'll be back ASAP.

Dana Originally Posted by Girl Nexxxt Door
Yeah, too funny you say that! I just spent big bucks today on a new water heater.

And no work today because of the awful weather!

I would have ran through Home Depot naked if I thought it would have gotten me a discount!!
Well I sure bet you can get that heater installed at a discount! Hope you find you a cute plumber man!

Or are you a DIY girl?
I would have ran through Home Depot naked if I thought it would have gotten me a discount!! Originally Posted by Girl Nexxxt Door
You mean you don't know about Home Depot's Freakin' Streakin' Discount. Let me know when you intend to take advantage of it so I can cancel the coupon.

[BTW, you might have been able to barter for the heater, the installation, or both. Just picking up from another thread.]
You might want to think about wrapping that heater in an insulation blanket. A water heater (regular kind, not the on-demand kind) is a big use of utilities.

If electric, you might want to put an on/off switch somewhere in the living area or a timer. Either can help with the utility bill.

Congrats!!

Also, during an emergency, do not forget the water in your water heater.

Dont forget to keep the drain pan pipe clear and to open up the faucet at the bottom of the heater every so often to drain out sentiment.

The joys of being a home owner!!
Yeah, I have a friend who has an electric water heater. He plugs it into a timer set to come on an hour before the house gets up, and goes off 1/2 hour after they leave for work/school. It's set to come on again just before everyone gets home and goes off near bedtime.
All the advice confuses me. Good thing I hired a handyman or I may have been tempted to just get married again to avoid all the confusion.
Hope them doberman don't eat it.
  • HSP
  • 01-31-2010, 02:04 AM
All the advice confuses me. Good thing I hired a handyman or I may have been tempted to just get married again to avoid all the confusion. Originally Posted by Girl Nexxxt Door

A handyman is probably cheaper than marriage
All the advice confuses me. Good thing I hired a handyman or I may have been tempted to just get married again to avoid all the confusion. Originally Posted by Girl Nexxxt Door
I have installed several hot water heaters. It isn't nearly as hard as you might think. Learn all you can about home repair, you will be surprised how much money it will save you. Besides, there is nothing sexier than a woman in a toolbelt.
Besides, there is nothing sexier than a woman in a toolbelt. Originally Posted by Lookin4
Especially if she's nude.
Look you are so right about doing it yourself... You would be suprise to see how much more money you can save.. The key though when you are first learning about home repairs is to learn, think and then react to not react first.. Timers are a great idea as the blankets are for the hot water heaters . In any case Girl once again congrats on your new home and welcome to the club of home ownership