How to be a feminist and a hobbyist?

• mdub
  • 12-02-2015, 04:18 PM
There is a sex-positive movement and it sounds like the OP falls more in that camp.

The sex-positive movement is a social movement which promotes and embraces sexuality with few limits beyond an emphasis on safe sex and the importance of consent. Sex positivity is "an attitude towards human sexuality that regards all consensual sexual activities as fundamentally healthy and pleasurable, and encourages sexual pleasure and experimentation.
The sex-positive movement is a social movement which promotes and embraces sexuality with few limits beyond an emphasis on safe sex and the importance of consent. Sex positivity is "an attitude towards human sexuality that regards all consensual sexual activities as fundamentally healthy and pleasurable, and encourages sexual pleasure and experimentation. Originally Posted by mdub
I am in total agreement with this philosophy. Hell, I'm such a feminist, I could be lesbian.
I think of this line of work, when not coerced, as an opportunity for women. Everyone has certain assets that they sell for income. It can be intellect, creativity, personality, physical abilities, appearance, or any combination of attributes. The choice to market those assets freely is key to equality. If I were an amazing stud, I might choose to sell my body for sex or modeling. Instead, I sell my brain to people who are willing to pay a little money for it. Sex is no different. In fact, when I was working through a contract shop, I called my recruiter my pimp.

Forced sex work is a different issue, but the fact that some people working in a field are being forced or exploited does not make the whole field bad.