Then and Than, there IS a difference.

Lighted and lit!
Everytime I'm on a plane and hear the safely speech about the "lighted" isle path on the floor it drives me nuts.
I try and be asleep before that part!
Tess
Lighted and lit!
Everytime I'm on a plane and hear the safely speech about the "lighted" isle path on the floor it drives me nuts.
I try and be asleep before that part!
Tess Originally Posted by Topshelf Tess
TT, your pics rare hot. I like to see you bcd sooner, then later. I'd actually rather see you sooner than later. Maybe you and I can fly together. We can join the mile high club. Wanna go?

Uhm, consider ---- the isle is lighted (it has lights installed). Normally the isle lights are off. However in an emergerncy, the lights will be lit (turned on). Either way, their job is flying, not grammar.

In general, all of us are guilty of word misuse and spelling errors. Me too. Usually, I just proceed reading/writing, unless it's pervasive.
  • Booth
  • 05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
These errors are running "rampid".
These errors are running "rampid". Originally Posted by Booth
I think your prolly write!
And how about when the sign over the express line says “10 items or LESS.” It should say “10 items or FEWER.”

We use “less” with things that can’t be counted (less talent, less patience) and “fewer” with things that can be counted (fewer mistakes, fewer frozen pizzas). You can’t say “fewer talent,” nor can you say “less cans of clam chowder.”

I think we should boycott grocery stores with bad grammar.

Monk

p.s. The other day, the guy in front of me at the "10 items or fewer" express line had a really full basket. "I hope you don't mind," he said to the checker. "Not at all, sir," she said, "which ten items do you want to buy?"
lmao, This is two funny.
I think your prolly write! Originally Posted by Topshelf Tess
lmao, This is two funny. Originally Posted by am-a-pleaser
Yeah, what a buncha morans!

i definitely get a little irritated when those are used incorrectly