Ok-- so its the typical "What restaurant" question... but with a twist....

Ditto on Slow Bone and Hard Eight.

If you're going to be in SW Fort Worth, check out Dave's Hot Chicken (Bryant Irvin & 20). Yes the "hot" is really hot. Add the cheese, and ask for more honey. Trust me, if it's too hot, add the honey.
  • grail
  • 04-21-2022, 04:38 PM
Not a fan of Hard 8. Found it to be dry and bland. But maybe it was an off night for them. My top 3 in no particular order... Terry Black's BBQ, Hutchins BBQ, Cattleack BBQ.

Going to try Goldee's in two weeks to see if they deserve their lofty #1 ranking as the best BBQ in Texas.

Try First Chinese Barbecue in Richardson. The orange chicken is to die for, you'll never be able to eat anybody else's again. The deep fried pork chop with chinese broccolli is a personal favorite. It's cash only, though.
Try First Chinese Barbecue in Richardson. The orange chicken is to die for, you'll never be able to eat anybody else's again. The deep fried pork chop with chinese broccolli is a personal favorite. It's cash only, though. Originally Posted by Eudemon
that place has been around for 30+ yrs, even befoe "little china/asia" farther up greenville in richardson.
it was my first intro to "chinese bbq" after yrs of tex-mex, burgers, and The Bronx (on cedar springs) many Many MANY moons ago.
thx for the idea - i should go for a return visit to chk them out.
I don’t go out to eat very often but when I do one of my favorite places is Brasao Brazilian Steakhouse in Plano
No one has mentioned Buccee's? Food plus clean bathrooms.
Not a fan of Hard 8. Found it to be dry and bland. But maybe it was an off night for them. My top 3 in no particular order... Terry Black's BBQ, Hutchins BBQ, Cattleack BBQ.

Going to try Goldee's in two weeks to see if they deserve their lofty #1 ranking as the best BBQ in Texas.

Originally Posted by grail

I very seldom get to Frisco or McKinney, but I was taken to Hutchins for lunch by a job interviewer. That's good stuff.
  • grail
  • 04-22-2022, 05:41 PM
I very seldom get to Frisco or McKinney, but I was taken to Hutchins for lunch by a job interviewer. That's good stuff. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
You don't have to come up here sir. There are some mighty fine BBQ establishments in your neck of the woods. Honestly wish I found myself on your side of town more often to partake in the BBQ over yonder.

Adding to Sir Lance's comment on Dayne's in Ft. Worth; their BBQ is great, but like Goldee's, they are only open Fri-Sat-Sun 11AM until sold out.
Chef Point….. nothing there would ever be allowed on a diet…. Features on diners & driver (is that the show with Guy?) great stuff
Dallas has lots of great high end pizza, like Cane Rosso
Randy's in Frisco if you want to go high class.
Tortas Las Tortugas in Farmer's branch if you want some hole in the wall sammich.
Gen BBQ in Carrolton if you want some All You Can Eat meat.
Kirin Court in Richardson if you want some Dim Sum that is oh so Yum.
Oh K Dog in Carrolton for some unique corn dogs
Hard 8
Hard 8 Originally Posted by Mental AtrraXXXion
They were on the News yesterday.. Story about them settling a lawsuit, accused by employees of ripping them off in wages and tips.

Chef Point….. nothing there would ever be allowed on a diet…. Features on diners & driver (is that the show with Guy?) great stuff Originally Posted by Joni HappyMassage
I was embarrassed there, about 2 years ago. I was driving, 2 people with me who eat fast food, typically, big portions at lower price points. We had been somewhere, forget where, and it was time to eat. Happened to be sort of near Chef Point, I suggested it, they went along.

We went in, got seated. My companions were taken aback by the menu prices, and viewed the portion sizes of those seated near us. They wanted to leave. They couldn't without my blessing, LOL.. My meal was delicious, they ordered Sodas only, choosing to stay hungry for another hour until I got them to Whataburger.

Our Waiter sensed something was amiss, but he played along.
Chef Point….. nothing there would ever be allowed on a diet…. Features on diners & driver (is that the show with Guy?) great stuff Originally Posted by Joni HappyMassage
Nice to see you posting again!