Scam question … please help

Yeah, the minute she said she was 17 you should have cut it off. You’re lucky it’s a scammer and not the cops. If money was mentioned they would have set up the sting by now and you’d be in jail.

It’s definitely a scammer. Since you used your real life phone number the guy would have been at your doorstep by now and either kicked or shot your ass if it had really been her uncle.

There are several possibilities here that are worse than getting trolled by a scammer, so count your blessings. And stop sexting teenagers.
Yeah, the minute she said she was 17 you should have cut it off. You’re lucky it’s a scammer and not the cops. If money was mentioned they would have set up the sting by now and you’d be in jail.

It’s definitely a scammer. Since you used your real life phone number the guy would have been at your doorstep by now and either kicked or shot your ass if it had really been her uncle.

There are several possibilities here that are worse than getting trolled by a scammer, so count your blessings. And stop sexting teenagers. Originally Posted by TinMan
Thank you for the message. Thank all of you. I’m unlikely to hobby again. This scared the hell out of me.
The guy texted my wife and told her what I was doing and that he was going to report me to the police. Does it stilll seem like a scam? I’m freaking out
Yep, but now you need a lawyer. Maybe two (criminal and divorce).

You made so many mistakes here that none of us are going to be able to advise you out of this mess.

I was going to advise you to delete everything, but with possible extortion it’s hard to say what’s the right thing to do.

Damn, I’ve never seen a guy fuck himself so thoroughly.
Tell your wife its just some extortionist or make up some bs story. Never use your real world phone or if you do, use google voice. Your real world phone number plugged into spokeo or any of the other number web sites will give up all your real world info, which sounds like this scammer did.
Please refer to post #9 and/or change your #.
Send him on a wild goose chase saying you'll meet to square things up than ghost him. Keep doing this till he leaves you alone.
Sorry to hear about your situation.
If you have been hobbying for 22 years, you would have known to use a burner phone, or at least a burner number.
Just tell your wife that this is a scammer. Women can smell a lie a mile away even if they can't prove it.

Just take a pause on the hobbying. You'll be ok.
You would have heard from the police first ,not from the scammer .Because I know someone who sent a picture to a 17 yr old and police asked to turn his phone in .
Tell him you'll pay, then get his cashapp/venmo/etc info and report the account for spam/fraud. Then, tell him what you did. Turn that table real quick. Oh, google your own number and see if any RW information can be found on yourself. I doubt most of these scammers actually live near here, but best make sure your safe.

BTW...How much did he ask for?
Crazy situation. 22 years in the hobby, knowingly soliciting a 17 year old, not using a hobby phone...so many mistakes, the little head is gonna get you divorced, my man. Engage your big head pronto. And get a fucking hobby phone. $40 at walmart, $40 a month to keep minutes on it. Way worth it in peace of mind!
I'm willing to bet the wife caught up to what he was doing, posed as a 17 yr old, to catch him in a trap to fess up to her so she can leave.
Why go to that trouble? Just collect the evidence of what he was already doing, then file for divorce. Why risk getting into trouble herself by faking an extortion scheme?
You don't need any evidence to file for divorce, just the willingness. Fault is not a factor in a divorce.
Block the number and good luck with your wife
That’s true, but if she’s trying to get a better deal in the divorce it doesn’t hurt to have a little dirt on him.