8 Dead in Plano Shootings

Nothing really.. but we do talk a lot about guns in Texas.
License to carry, open carry etc..but then u hear a sad story like this one where a single perp was able to shoot 9 people without anyone firing back. Originally Posted by NubianPrince
I think themystic was asking about your other statement, LOL..

could be your level of subtlety is greater than I anticipated
I think themystic was asking about your other statement, LOL..

could be your level of subtlety is greater than I anticipated Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I was editing when you quoted me
I elaborated the second part for him just in case
Nationality?
A good ole American white boy did it
Lack of responses in this thread should have been your first clue

I'm just wondering if any of those victims were packing Originally Posted by NubianPrince
Race card huh. U are a big time white hater.
I was editing when you quoted me
I elaborated the second part for him just in case Originally Posted by NubianPrince
Thanks Nubian. I respectfully disagree. I'm not overly sensitive, but the phrase "white boy" is derogatory to me. I first heard it about 45 years ago, (12 years old) and knew it was a slap in the face then and still feel the same. Its like the N word to me. I don't say the N word privately, publicly or even to myself. Thats out of respect

As far as the mass outcry had it been blacks, I also disagree. Mass killings have been happening with the blacks as much as whites, ie "drive by". They don't even make the paper anymore unless a little kid is killed

Not playing the race card, just letting you know "white boy" aint ok with me
This happens with all races. I think the news coverage would be the same. It was a group of people - friends, acquaintances and coworkers who were all probably Cowboy fans. Maybe there was a Giants fan in the bunch as well....bunch of football fans.
It had nothing to do with race and I don't see that as being pertinent to the story. At least one of the victims was black. I saw that in another story today.
What did happen here was crazed, jealous domestic violence, probably fueled by alcohol and rage.
People under the influence of that are some of the most dangerous and deranged that you will ever hope to not meet.
My hat is off to the police officer that neutralized the situation because he went into one of the most dangerous situations that officers encounter. They know that. They train for that.
Thanks Nubian. I respectfully disagree. I'm not overly sensitive, but the phrase "white boy" is derogatory to me. I first heard it about 45 years ago, (12 years old) and knew it was a slap in the face then and still feel the same. Its like the N word to me. I don't say the N word privately, publicly or even to myself. Thats out of respect

As far as the mass outcry had it been blacks, I also disagree. Mass killings have been happening with the blacks as much as whites, ie "drive by". They don't even make the paper anymore unless a little kid is killed

Not playing the race card, just letting you know "white boy" aint ok with me Originally Posted by themystic
Well this is the first time I have heard someone complain about "white boy"..derogatory term?interesting stuff

And BLM asked about the shooter's nationality.. so you think American would have sufficed?
Also a person of color doesn't have to be Black..Asian, Arab or Latino would have caused the same outcry

This is the first mass shooting in Plano..no?
I know we had 9/11 and Hurricane Irma hogging the news this week, but I feel like this story should have gained more traction
I mean the perp was at a bar before the shooting,drinking, bitching about is ex-wife, showing off his guns to patrons.. and nobody called the cops?

8 innocent people lost their lives, including 3 Black people.. so no race card is being pulled here.A senseless killing is a senseless killing, no matter who's the perp
And I have been following the story since it broke out and you should have read the comments before his race was revealed..that's what I get for reading Yahoo comments though

Anyway RIP to the victims.. I have great things about Plano hope this doesn't taint its reputation

Not playing the race card, just letting you know "white boy" aint ok with me Originally Posted by themystic
I always found cracker to be particularly eloquent.
8 dead at one time, not including the shooter that was shot by the lone brave cop.

Plano doesn't even get 8 murders per year for the past many years now.

They have some of the best and highest paid cops in Texas, starting out at almost $70,000 per year depending on your prior experience and your college education.

There was a lady who was a news anchor in New York state who left her job to go to Plano to become a police officer.
Well this is the first time I have heard someone complain about "white boy"..derogatory term?interesting stuff

Also a pers And BLM asked about the shooter's nationality.. so you think American would have sufficed?on of color doesn't have to be Black..Asian, Arab or Latino would have caused the same outcry

This is the first mass shooting in Plano..no?
I know we had 9/11 and Hurricane Irma hogging the news this week, but I feel like this story should have gained more traction
I mean the perp was at a bar before the shooting,drinking, bitching about is ex-wife, showing off his guns to patrons.. and nobody called the cops?

8 innocent people lost their lives, including 3 Black people.. so no race card is being pulled here.A senseless killing is a senseless killing, no matter who's the perp
And I have been following the story since it broke out and you should have read the comments before his race was revealed..that's what I get for reading Yahoo comments though

Anyway RIP to the victims.. I have great things about Plano hope this doesn't taint its reputation Originally Posted by NubianPrince
Thanks for you reply Nubian. I just think white man is more appropriate. You know Black boy, Mexican boy, Asian boy, etc. I think is disrespectful

Btw, I don't think your a racist. I realize the term white boy has been said for years. Kind of reminds me of calling a Black person, colored

I'm just wondering if any of those victims were packing Originally Posted by NubianPrince
I'd hate to think I had to be packing to go over to a friend's crib to watch football. I would normally leave it in the truck but I guess I need to reconsider.
I get the feeling that the psycho wasn't invited this time.
I don't mind the term "white boy," especially when with "fuck me white boy," or "eat my pussy white boy," or "I'm gonna suck your dick white boy."

Race has nothing to do with murder, hate and craziness comes in all colors.
I don't mind the term "white boy," especially when with "fuck me white boy," or "eat my pussy white boy," or "I'm gonna suck your dick white boy." Originally Posted by LargeBreastFan
sure.. context is everything.. I'm surprised somebody would not realize "white boy" is derogatory, at least much of the time.. I think, generally speaking, those who feel oppressed don't see that others feel insulted by certain terminology, they are too focused on what bothers them.. just my opinion.

also, derogatory comments are not equally "wrong" across all groups of people.. everyone agrees it's wrong to insult black people.. you must say "the N-word" even if you are simply reporting what a third-party said, using the whole word.

fat people and Asians are the 2 groups (my opinion) that lag behind.. unless you are extremely hateful and over-the-top, you can pretty much say anything about either.. if you're a fat Asian, you're fucked.
  • ~Ze~
  • 09-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Why am I surprised anymore... Not by the tragedy, but by how fucking sideways y'all always manage to take shit. *Sigh*

9 people have lost their lives. Over gawd knows what in a relationship.

sure.. context is everything.. I'm surprised somebody would not realize "white boy" is derogatory,

fat people and Asians are the 2 groups (my opinion) that lag behind.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Hey CT, isn't 'fat people' in itself derogatory? Which negates your whole sensitivity premise...
Hey CT, isn't 'fat people' in itself derogatory? Which negates your whole sensitivity premise... Originally Posted by kib123
no.."fat" is a scientific description.. no different from my saying "black" people.. black being a color, not a term of derision.

if I had said "Lard Ass", you might be on to something.