homework

It is not "decadent", it is Mutual "improvement". It is not "Western Imperialist", it is "Modernization". " Running Dog influence" - Please don't understate yourself! Originally Posted by andy1628
Yer a good guy, but I think you need a firmware update so you can parse the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags correctly.

Cheers,

bcg (who finds himself fascinated by how the "laughing" graphics do their things in unison...)
另一方面,但,中國網上譯者可以太是使用的樂趣。
Yer a good guy, but I think you need a firmware update so you can parse the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags correctly.

Cheers,

bcg (who finds himself fascinated by how the "laughing" graphics do their things in unison...) Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
I heard you are one of those computer expert, I remember reading you gave very professional advice in other threads. May be you can give me some tips or resource in the Web that I can educate myself?
另一方面,但,中國網上譯者可以太是使用的樂趣。 Originally Posted by Livonia
Hei, Lily,

Watch out! It look like there are more people know Chinese than we thought!

However, I think he still in elementary level because I still try to figure out what he tried to say?
  • ndark
  • 02-26-2010, 01:54 PM
有了正确的翻译是不太难!-NDark
有了正确的翻译是不太难!-NDark Originally Posted by ndark
Holy crap, look like we just bring out a new "Band of Brothers"! Where're you guys been hiding?

Just for your information "Online English/Chinese Translation" will never fool a Master.
It should say "正確地翻译中文成英文不是一件容易的事!" = "It is not an easy task to translate Chinese to English"
What did I start?!?! ;P
Haha--yeah, technology has not progressed to the point where computers can accurately translate english to chinese and vice versa

Nice try though guys
谢谢你! 我第一次看到你的avatar我以为你可能是中国人。你是在香港 上大了吗?

And yeah, modern Chinese is written left to right Originally Posted by Blond_Lily
Whatever . . .
Looks like my handwriting when I've had too much pinot grigio! Of course, it wasn't much better before, either!
Haha--yeah, technology has not progressed to the point where computers can accurately translate english to chinese and vice versa

Nice try though guys Originally Posted by Blond_Lily
Hasn't even progressed to the point where computers can accurately translate from English to a Western language or back.

Back before they started using a blog management system, the humor site Engrish (http://www.engrish.com/ ) had a "create your own Engrish" page where they recommended you take a passage in English, run it through a Web translator like Babelfish (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ ), then take that and translate it back into English.

For example, I once took an Emo Philips line:
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things, like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman--stuff you pay good money for in later life.
and translated it via Babelfish to Japanese. I then translated the Babelfish Japanese back into English to get:
Until it becomes older, many raw materials of the school are not recognized. The small thing like the thing which is every day when it is struck with the open hand by the woman raw materials which center ages between life being slower pays the your good money.
This is hardly original to me or to the Engrish folks; Mark Twain wrote an essay where he had a passage from "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" translated into French, and then translated that French (very literally) into English. It's one of the funnier things he wrote.

Cheers,

bcg
If I ever get to central Arkansas and meet Lily, I'm more interested in her French than Chinese.