Upward Economic Mobility - Not Texas

You just gotta love how political "philosophy" and working the Bible over translates into an atmosphere where upward economic mobility comes up, shall we say, lacking. Look at all the RED in the graph. Then, TPunkers, if you can stay hooked (ha!) read through the article.

A little sumpin'-sumpin' from the Pew Research Center regarding where to be to go up. Of course, if one comes here to Texas from other states, it's kind of like taking candy (no "handle pun" intended) from babies...

http://www.pewstates.org/research/da...ve-85899381539 Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
Did you notice that Utah was on the 'upward mobility' list? By your way of reasoning, those MORMONS must be doing something right. BTW, Perry dropped out of the race.
IB, listen. If TTH is selfish enough to spend what he thinks should go to the government on something for himself or his family, it's on his conscience. Even though the law doesn't require it, the government really needed that money, as TTH has stated. Instead, he wastes it on family expenses, or choosing for himself what to spend it on. Selfish bastard!
IB, listen. If TTH is selfish enough to spend what he thinks should go to the government on something for himself or his family, it's on his conscience. Even though the law doesn't require it, the government really needed that money, as TTH has stated. Instead, he wastes it on family expenses, or choosing for himself what to spend it on. Selfish bastard! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah!!! Just consider how much more efficient it would have been for the government to collect that money as taxes and then redistribute it as student aid. TTH is selfishly depriving numerous government bureaucrats of their right to prosper.
Well, despite you TPunks' best efforts at changing the subject, the fact remains from the Pew Study that if MOST people want to make more money and get ahead, they need to move out of Texas. Or, you could be like me and move here and relieve the natives of their money. heh heh heh

As usual, there is no comeback to the facts and math, not that any of you TPunks' are competent at either. All you can do is blow smoke and try to get by with bluster - the usual Tejas method.
Well, despite you TPunks' best efforts at changing the subject, the fact remains from the Pew Study that if MOST people want to make more money and get ahead, they need to move out of Texas. Or, you could be like me and move here and relieve the natives of their money. heh heh heh

As usual, there is no comeback to the facts and math, not that any of you TPunks' are competent at either. All you can do is blow smoke and try to get by with bluster - the usual Tejas method. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
Candy4boys, Are you making a profit here?
No, shitheel, I'm SPENDING some of them here on the ladies. You and your TPunk broz are just cheap comic relief. More jack for the ladies. They are a lot more useful.
  • Doove
  • 05-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Hint, hint!!! It's YOUR money -- YOU are paying for your child's tuition. It seems like someone clever enough to obtain a law degree would realize that. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
And the additional debt being incurred from his taxes being cut belongs to whom, exactly?
No, shitheel, I'm SPENDING some of them here on the ladies. You and your TPunk broz are just cheap comic relief. More jack for the ladies. They are a lot more useful. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
Shitheel is that ebonic's. IDK.
I have done fine here.
Most people that come here from other states love it here.
That is unless you are a whiney ass liberal.
only when you hire a butler

most lawyers destroy jobs Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Nope. I have about 10 employees at my law firm and about four, albeit only one direct employee, at my relatively new mineral leasing company. One full time at the house. Not to mention keeping accountants and other lawyers hired doing accounting and legal work for the two companies. Also, the law firm creates work for court reporters, court staff, videographers, medical illustrators, jury consultants, expert witnesses, catering companies, medical records services, etc. Trials in our locale employe many hotel and restaurant workers, etc. Out of town firms rent temporary office space. The wealth is spread around pretty widely.

But the original point that someone in my position the last guy who needs tax relief, yet I'm the only one the Republicans give it to stands. And to add insult to injury, they expect those of you who are working stiffs to make up the difference so that I can get five and six figure tax breaks. Yet you idiots love it and it galls me.
Nothing is making you keep the money, TTH. During the Clinton administration, kids were having bake sales to reduce the debt. And you complain about how the government doesn't FORCE you to give more. Hey, they'll even take your check.
Hint, hint!!! It's YOUR money -- YOU are paying for your child's tuition. It seems like someone clever enough to obtain a law degree would realize that. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
How much am I supposed to pay for the right to live in a civilized society? Why is it right to give me a tax break when I can well afford to pay more in taxes, while the nation runs a deficit that it is going to foist of on those who are less well off? And why cut my taxes first instead of those who make less? Have you no fucking sense of justice and fairness? You're the dumb SOB who's paying for that $60,000 tax cut, you know.
TTH, I'd get rid of the tax code altogether, but if you're so upset about, fork over some more to the Treasury and quit bitching. Or pay the taxes for one of those poor SOB's you claim to care about so much. Gawd, I bet you're fun at parties. Geez.
How much am I supposed to pay for the right to live in a civilized society? Why is it right to give me a tax break when I can well afford to pay more in taxes, while the nation runs a deficit that it is going to foist of on those who are less well off? And why cut my taxes first instead of those who make less? Have you no fucking sense of justice and fairness? You're the dumb SOB who's paying for that $60,000 tax cut, you know. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
'Justice and fairness' you say!?! There IS no justice and fairness in redistributing wealth! You're the dumb SOB who believes the government spends your tax dollars wisely and more efficiently than you can. Your the dumb SOB who believes all of those purportedly -- purportedly -- 'less well off' are deserving of every nickel of your charity.
TTH is full of SHIT. Big time.....