Emotional repercussions?

Fucking rough crowd, I am not from Houston but will be visiting so I am checking the boards.

There are a couple of pieces of advice that make sense to me. AMP's, I don't know what it is - but it seems more like a job at AMPs. It is not so much mechanical is it is an occupation. They are there to provide a service and in general they do it well.

As for regret on money spent, it will happen - buyer's remorse will occur anywhere. There may be times that you feel it more so with this type of purchase.

I don't think you should do GFE. The other piece of advice that I think makes sense - get a divorce. Life is to short.

So if you want the hobby - get a massage with a happy ending. It will relax you and give you a release. If you don't think you can handle that - then just call it.

I can see why Houston is NOT called the city of Brotherly Love.
The hobby does not seem to be the place for you at this point in your life. You need to find another therapist/counselor and work through a lot of issues then consider the hobby. Originally Posted by pyramider
Plus MuthaFuckin' One!

It's a providers job to make you feel cared for & wanted...but the moment you realize that you just paid her to make you feel that way, you'll be more emotionally screwed up than you are now.
I'm guessing you're going to feel lonely no matter what so the question now becomes would you rather feel lonely and have the experience of banging the hot chick you always wanted to or would you rather just jerk it all alone.....
Either way good luck...
So, whose other handle is this?
  • Molay
  • 11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
This hobby is not for everyone. Since everyone is different, the emotional impact will be different for everyone. It sounds like this hobby could be a big emotional trap for you. Think twice before entering.

And there are options to a marriage. Work it out or get out.
A PM was sent
So, whose other handle is this? Originally Posted by Sarunga
I was thinking the same thing.

Nobody can actually be this pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if it's dear john.
Divorce isn't really a financial option for me at this point.
And if desiring an emotional experience in sex makes me pathetic, then pathetic I am.
In any case I appreciate all the perspectives and I am going to stay out of the hobby for now.
Thanks.
I was thinking the same thing.

Nobody can actually be this pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if it's dear john. Originally Posted by Sweet Discretion
It isn't, so don't worry.

YOU don't need to worry about my personal life.

I also don't need YOU calling me pathetic.

By the way, I can't help but wonder what other handles you've had.
It isn't, so don't worry.

YOU don't need to worry about my personal life.

I also don't need YOU calling me pathetic.

By the way, I can't help but wonder what other handles you've had. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Thanks for editting out the "f*** you" part of your post.

You accused me of having multiple handles way before I ever did it to you and now you don't like it when I give you a dose of your own medicine. You have true bitch-like tendencies.

You do something to me then you cry like a little bitch when I do the same thing back to you. Yes, your are very pathetic. And I'm not "calling" you anything, I'm just telling you the truth.
DJ & Sweet Discretion...take that shit to PM's or email each other, not on this thread!

Thanks
Thanks for editting out the "f*** you" part of your post.

You accused me of having multiple handles way before I ever did it to you and now you don't like it when I give you a dose of your own medicine. You have true bitch-like tendencies.

You do something to me then you cry like a little bitch when I do the same thing back to you. Yes, your are very pathetic. And I'm not "calling" you anything, I'm just telling you the truth. Originally Posted by Sweet Discretion
DJ & Sweet Discretion...take that shit to PM's or email each other, not on this thread!

Thanks Originally Posted by DickEmDown
sd..........Hopefully you will pm DED and thank him for more or less stopping this before it really got started.
OP. Do not hobby. I repeat do not hobby. Go to a counsler and work on your marriage. The hobby would eat you alive.
That's the problem. I think my desire for intimacy is just as strong as the strictly physical desire. And I already know on some level that I can't find that in the provider community. But sometimes I feel like emulation is as close as I'm gonna get, ya know?

The problem is I don't want to be left emptier than I already am. And/or become the world's most pathetic lapdog. I guess I was hoping some other hobbyists might have faced this issue (if they care to admit it anyway) and might have some advice for my situation.

I actually did counseling for several months, Lexus. In a strange twist of fate my therapist came on to me. It seemed like a golden opportunity at the time, and we arranged for an encounter. But before it came to fruition, logic prevailed and she had second thoughts. Afterwards I felt really awkward and I didn't feel like I could confide in her anymore. I haven't really wanted to start over with a new therapist. Originally Posted by thp_919
Your therapist tried to jump you? Hmmm, as I think about it, I have a few 'issues' and she sounds like she may have just the kind of help I'm seeking.........Got a number ?
If you can't enjoy yourself here seeing beautiful ladies that will take you straight to bed and turn you out like the best date ever without relationship issues for reasonable fees, and then leave you completely alone afterward (this is what we want) then this is not for you. Get counseling. Marriage is marriage. This is this. They really do not have anything to do with each other except fot the weird math you are doing in your head. Slap yourself. This is good for most of us. You have a bad marriage. Sorry - you either work things out at home, or you don't. You either get a divorce, or you don't. You either see providers, or you don't. Reach down and ask yourself - do I still have a pair? You probably do, so act accordingly. By the way - how is a therapist going to truly know you and your relationship - she is an outsider, just like we are. Look deep into yourself - only you know yourself. Please forward that therapist's contact information to me via PM - I need some counseling about an issue I am having. Was she attractive?