Screening.

Finding out who somebody is just by reading post and doing a little investigation on this board is not hard to do. Anything I mean anything you do on this board should not link back to PI. I see it a lot almost everyday and by no means I'm the best at internet security. There should be a thread so people remain anonymous even with a little investigation.
Anyone who posts enough real world information in a thread to link back to them should be pretty verified an idiot.
But that would be screening of a sort I suppose.
Mr. Chan, I like that idea of a sticky for new providers and new hobbyist. Since I haven't been playing with ladies other then my regulars as of late I wonder about providing contact info to ladies asking for references. Should you give them the providers' telephone number if not listed in her profile or just or email address? Originally Posted by theotherguy1
Contact method should of course be limited to that method made available by the provider. If not listed on her showcase it should not be given.
That is the way I have accomplished it in the past, but I wanted to verify it on here and also ask in case someone was wondering but would not ask because of some of the replies simple questions get on here. Why haven't any of the providers made any comments on this thread?
I agree with HR. I have participated in this community, and ladies are free to contact any of those is have provided. I do understand those who would like additional information. If they cannot screen me with information that is currently attainable with the reviewed ladies, I am not going to see them. Originally Posted by ragooh_aus
How about?
ECCIE handle, real first name and hobby phone number?
Too much? Too little? Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
I'm glad you did this thread Mr Chan. I have a metric f*ton of LR requests. 98% run along the lines above.

Broke my delete button on them. Just OMFG....no wonder travelers bitch about AR! I had no idea screening had gotten so bad there.
You make a good point. It may be that they are unwilling to reveal screening techniques which of course they might not wish to do. The purpose of the thread is not to get trade secrets but to discuss the importance of screening and perhaps establish a starting place for where the newly initiated might begin. In no way do I set myself up as an authority on either security or screening. The things I have mentioned have been discussed elsewhere and are not new information. No one should reply to the thread with any information they deem
imprudent. Any suggestions I have made are my own and not intended to represent the screening practices of any provider.
I'm glad you did this thread Mr Chan. I have a metric f*ton of LR requests. 98% run along the lines above.

Broke my delete button on them. Just OMFG....no wonder travelers bitch about AR! I had no idea screening had gotten so bad there. Originally Posted by babee
At last a provider weighs in. To the extent you are comfortable what might you advise new provider or hobbyist on what would or should be acceptable as minimal information?
  • MrGiz
  • 01-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Anyone who posts enough real world information in a thread to link back to them should be pretty verified an idiot.
But that would be screening of a sort I suppose. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
+1

Contact method should of course be limited to that method made available by the provider. If not listed on her showcase it should not be given. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
+2

I usually use a triple-verification method when contacting an Eccie girl for the first time ------ Eccie PM + Email + P411 Request ----- if the same info and wording is used between the three... that is a fairly good indicator that it's the real MrGiz calling. * I just about always save phone contact for last.... but ALWAYS want to speak via phone before stepping through an unknown door for the first time. The first phone call is a fourth form of verification of the first three.

When going outside of the P411 / Eccie systems.... and girls are still asking for references from other girls.... Chan is right on, in saying that it is definitely not cool to provide any contact info on a previously seen girl, that she doesn't already post in public, herself. * Even then... I rarely give out phone numbers... even if they are hobby phone numbers. * Email should be good enough.... if a girl isn't up to speed with email... it's probably a pretty good indicator, that she's not using very advanced screening!
+1

+2

I usually use a triple-verification method when contacting an Eccie girl for the first time ------ Eccie PM + Email + P411 Request ----- if the same info and wording is used between the three... that is a fairly good indicator that it's the real MrGiz calling. * I just about always save phone contact for last.... but ALWAYS want to speak via phone before stepping through an unknown door for the first time. The first phone call is a fourth form of verification of the first three.

When going outside of the P411 / Eccie systems.... and girls are still asking for references from other girls.... Chan is right on, in saying that it is definitely not cool to provide any contact info on a previously seen girl, that she doesn't already post in public, herself. * Even then... I rarely give out phone numbers... even if they are hobby phone numbers. * Email should be good enough.... if a girl isn't up to speed with email... it's probably a pretty good indicator, that she's not using very advanced screening! Originally Posted by MrGiz

Well said. And that real world information may take many forms so paranoia is a very healthy thing when posting.
+1

+2

When going outside of the P411 / Eccie systems.... and girls are still asking for references from other girls.... Chan is right on, in saying that it is definitely not cool to provide any contact info on a previously seen girl, that she doesn't already post in public, herself. * Even then... I rarely give out phone numbers... even if they are hobby phone numbers. * Email should be good enough.... if a girl isn't up to speed with email... it's probably a pretty good indicator, that she's not using very advanced screening! Originally Posted by MrGiz
My system is the same as MrGiz, whenever possible, but once I sent the email from eccie, sent another through p411 (name, not eccie handle) and called to confirm that the name was one in the same with the handle, but the provider thought I was two different guys and made both appointments, then had to call back and cancel one. In the end, we got a laugh out of it, but I almost walked away when I realized the level of incompetence required to make this mistake. All of the forms of communication occurred within an hour of each other, and each email contained the other contact information. And to top it off, she never even contacted a reference given, but attempted to contact a retired provider from p411...<heavy sigh>
The assumption that LE don't understanding screening gives them too little credit. The purpose of screening isn't just avoiding LE but also that random ax murderer or serial killer. The greatest risk to the community is providers who do not screen at all because they don't know how. In order to bypass the three verifiable items to pose as me they would have to get access to my account know my phone number and my real first name which only the providers should know. That is getting over several hurdles which is not that easy to do. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
I couldn't agree more that LE understands screening as a whole, but my point is that if we simply lay the info in front of them, it will make it a simple task for the lazy ones to grasp the concept. My humble apologies to all but I have to tend to personal issues right now. I will attempt to get back online later tonight
I couldn't agree more that LE understands screening as a whole, but my point is that if we simply lay the info in front of them, it will make it a simple task for the lazy ones to grasp the concept. My humble apologies to all but I have to tend to personal issues right now. I will attempt to get back online later tonight Originally Posted by megustalatina
Your comment is timely and you make a good case. Certainly you make a good case. However, the lowest hanging fruit is the provider who does nt screen at all.
My system is the same as MrGiz, whenever possible, but once I sent the email from eccie, sent another through p411 (name, not eccie handle) and called to confirm that the name was one in the same with the handle, but the provider thought I was two different guys and made both appointments, then had to call back and cancel one. In the end, we got a laugh out of it, but I almost walked away when I realized the level of incompetence required to make this mistake. All of the forms of communication occurred within an hour of each other, and each email contained the other contact information. And to top it off, she never even contacted a reference given, but attempted to contact a retired provider from p411...<heavy sigh> Originally Posted by giteneny
The reasoning is sound. If it is acceptable to the provider it would certainly save a lot of time screening.
I try to screen the providers on the front end before making initial contact. I generally only see unknown providers when I'm out of state... I start by going through the list of P411 providers for the given area and make note of the ones I am attracted to. I then run those through a general checklist - do they do outcall as that's my preference so I control the environment, do their activities align with my needs (real GFE) and do they have reviews linked to their profile (big show stopper for me is a provider with no linked reviews).

I then read through the reviews for the ones I have not filtered out and purge still further as the reviews will generally help weed out the ones not really GFE. I typically ignore reviews from un-credible sites and try to stick with reputable sites like ECCIE.

Typically I am now down to only a few providers and I'll then go beyond the reviews they link to their profile. I will look at all reviews associated to their profile and make sure they didn't just attach favorable ones to their P411 profile.

If any providers remain (sadly, some times none are remaining by this point), I generally send a P411 message and begin communications. Since a large number of providers cannot effectively communicate, most generally still fall by the way side.... Needless to say, many trips have come & gone without seeing anyone.

As for how they screen me, I generally have no problems thanks to P411 OK's and some pretty solid references. Amazingly though, most do not contact references and see me soley based on P411.
... I wonder about providing contact info to ladies asking for references. Should you give them the providers' telephone number if not listed in her profile or just or email address? Originally Posted by theotherguy1
NEVER give out a provider's number without her permission if she doesn't advertise it. It's been done to me on several occasions and I get really upset about it. And consequentially---how can the provider seeking the reference be sure it's really me she's talking to if my number isn't advertised? It can't be confirmed.

I would personally hate to see this much info posted in open forum for LE to be able to simply look at and say … Ohhh … this is how we need to screen to gather evidence... Originally Posted by megustalatina
Exactly my thoughts. I routinely help new ladies by telling them via private communications what I look for, but I won't post my A-Z screening guide in open forum.

How about?
ECCIE handle, real first name and hobby phone number?
Too much? Too little? Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
The basics---I require a clients first name (it can be real or made-up, as long as its used consistently amongst the other providers), ECCIE/P411 handle, phone number (hobby) and email address.

Every piece of info given for a reference must be verified--in other words, if a client emails and says, "My handle is Mr.Chan," that's no good. A PM must be sent directly from Mr.Chan's account to ensure the person requesting the date is the actual account owner. The same goes with preferred411...a PM or request must be sent directly from their account. Make sure all info matches, character for character.

Ladies---make sure that the ladies you use for references have a solid history with reviews by reputable members and a reputation for practicing safe screening, themselves.

And even if everything checks out...if you have a bad feeling, call it off. It's always better to err on the side of caution.

Gut instincts or premonitions are usually our subconscious mind picking up on a bit of information that our conscious mind might not have detected.

I totally agree with UCA479 on his desire to control the environment. In the hobby, you are always at your most vulnerable when you walk through an unknown door.