I get called Asshole a lot... actually get called all kinds of names... When is it appropriate to simply call a gal a Cunt? We know some really are at times.

• Vyt
  • 11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all." Originally Posted by PeAcH
If you don't have anything nice to say, then come sit next to me.
-- Dorothy Parker
  • PeAcH
  • 11-09-2010, 12:52 AM
If you don't have anything nice to say, then come sit next to me.
-- Dorothy Parker Originally Posted by Vyt

"Sadism is the necessary outcome of the belief that one sex is passive and suffers sex at the hands of another. If we are to escape any of the hideous effects of this mythology, effects which include war and capital punishment, we must regain the power of the cunt."

Germaine Greer
In The Madwoman's Underclothes (1986). "Lady Love Your Cunt"

Ladies.. love your cunt!
i think you and whats-her-name...ivory....would qualify as such.
I think the only girl I ever called a "cunt" was Ann Coulter - she's a rightwing columnist.
I think the only girl I ever called a "cunt" was Ann Coulter - she's a rightwing columnist. Originally Posted by Sir Hardin Thicke
Only a leftist would turn a convo about sexual interactions into a political comment
Only a rightist would feel the need to point it out....
Oh, Wikipedia...
Etymology of the word "cunt":

Although it has been said that "etymologists are unlikely to come to an agreement about the origins of 'cunt' any time soon,"[5] the word is most often thought to have derived from a Germanic word (Proto-Germanic *kuntō, stem *kuntōn-), which appeared as kunta in Old Norse. Scholars are uncertain of the origin of the Proto-Germanic form itself.[6] In Middle English, it appeared with many spellings, such as coynte, cunte and queynte, which did not always reflect the actual pronunciation of the word. There are cognates in most Germanic languages, such as the Swedish, Faroese and Nynorsk kunta; West Frisian and Middle Low German kunte; Middle Dutch conte; Dutch kut; Middle Low German kutte; Middle High German kotze (prostitute); German kott, and perhaps Old English cot. The etymology of the Proto-Germanic term is disputed. It may have arisen by Grimm's law operating on the Proto-Indo-European root *gen/gon = "create, become" seen in gonads, genital, gamete, genetics, gene, or the Proto-Indo-European root *gʷneH2/guneH2 (Greek gunê) = "woman" seen in gynaecology. Relationships to similar-sounding words such as the Latin cunnus (vulva), and its derivatives French con, Spanish coño, and Portuguese cona, have not been conclusively demonstrated. Other Latin words related to cunnus are cuneatus = "wedge-shaped"; cuneo = "I fasten with a wedge", (figurative) "I wedge in", "I squeeze in", leading to English words such as cuneiform (wedge-shaped).
The word in its modern meaning is attested in Middle English. Proverbs of Hendyng, a manuscript from some time before 1325, includes the advice:[7]
Ȝeue þi cunte to cunnig and craue affetir wedding.
(Give your cunt wisely and make (your) demands after the wedding.)

Sage advice. Although, here at The Palace, we prefer to give our cunts wisely, and make our demands immediately.

Here I thought the origins had something to do with descendants of Kunta Kinte of "Roots".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunta_Kinte
Oh, Wikipedia...
Etymology of the word "cunt":

Although it has been said that "etymologists are unlikely to come to an agreement about the origins of 'cunt' any time soon,"[5] the word is most often thought to have derived from a Germanic word (Proto-Germanic *kuntō, stem *kuntōn-), which appeared as kunta in Old Norse. Scholars are uncertain of the origin of the Proto-Germanic form itself.[6] In Middle English, it appeared with many spellings, such as coynte, cunte and queynte, which did not always reflect the actual pronunciation of the word. There are cognates in most Germanic languages, such as the Swedish, Faroese and Nynorsk kunta; West Frisian and Middle Low German kunte; Middle Dutch conte; Dutch kut; Middle Low German kutte; Middle High German kotze (prostitute); German kott, and perhaps Old English cot. The etymology of the Proto-Germanic term is disputed. It may have arisen by Grimm's law operating on the Proto-Indo-European root *gen/gon = "create, become" seen in gonads, genital, gamete, genetics, gene, or the Proto-Indo-European root *gʷneH2/guneH2 (Greek gunê) = "woman" seen in gynaecology. Relationships to similar-sounding words such as the Latin cunnus (vulva), and its derivatives French con, Spanish coño, and Portuguese cona, have not been conclusively demonstrated. Other Latin words related to cunnus are cuneatus = "wedge-shaped"; cuneo = "I fasten with a wedge", (figurative) "I wedge in", "I squeeze in", leading to English words such as cuneiform (wedge-shaped).
The word in its modern meaning is attested in Middle English. Proverbs of Hendyng, a manuscript from some time before 1325, includes the advice:[7]
Ȝeue þi cunte to cunnig and craue affetir wedding.
(Give your cunt wisely and make (your) demands after the wedding.)

Sage advice. Although, here at The Palace, we prefer to give our cunts wisely, and make our demands immediately.

Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
It's your attention to detail that I love.....
A great book on the word, it's various meanings, and womens reclamation of the word that I read a few years back:

http://www.amazon.com/Cunt-Declarati.../dp/1580050751

Scroll down a bit for the editorial descriptions.
Honestly, I see not issue with the word. Call me a cunt. But then again I am hardly your average gal
Now p**s* is one word that just makes my skin crawl. I hate that word. So call me a cunt, not a sexed up putty cat
This reminds me of an interview that Robin Williams did on Inside the Actors Studio years ago, where he was asked his least favorite word (cunt) and his favorite curse word (pussy). Of course, he is male....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_syV...eature=related

from about :55 to about 3:10 though the rest of the clip is good too, and the entire interview is hysterical.
I am a believer in taking the power out of words. CUNT only has the power that society gives it. When we relegate words to the closet because they make us feel "bumed out" or offended; it weakens us. The words should be weakened not society.

I know a few people who are affraid of the word FUCK, they will say SHIT, BULLSHIT, ASSHOLE, etc... but FUCK is off limits.

Remember when you couldn't say ASS on TV and the radio? Well ASS is even in commercials now. They even say GODDAMN on radio and TV.

People who let themselves be victimized by words, will play the victim in most scenarios. This is part of why our society is so FUCKED up.

So I say, use the word CUNT, liberally, fly it like a banner!

And if you don't like it, well FUCK you, you politically correct, COCKSUCKER, MOTHERFUCKERS, eat SHIT, lick my ASSHOLE, you BITCH ASS CUNTS!
Name-calling anyone in a derogatory manner is unnecessary.. regardless what the word is.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all."

The internet can be a ruthless place sometimes.
So can the real world; I see more name-calling online than I have ever heard outside my house, or inside my house for that manner..

Let the BSDM folks take that kind of talk into the bedroom.
Originally Posted by PeAcH
Most subjects of people's hatred generally don't deserve the passion it takes for me to hate. I find myself unable to generate more than indifference about people like that.

Few times that I have felt the need to call someone names, I found there are much better words to accurately convey what I'm feeling than simple name-calling. Unless I'm in a hurry, then names can be close enough.
Unless you are British, using slang, it is never appropriate to call a woman a cunt. Even the men love to say "silly cunt" It does not have the same meaning here.

Now, you can say, "See You Next Tuesday" and she can take the hint *(wink)* if she has any sense at all, she will understand.