Question for the geeks........

Sweet,

Even though you closed the window in a mac that doesn't necessarily mean the program is shut down like in windows. Look at the dock with the safari icon, if there is a white line under it the program is still open. You can close it a couple of ways:
1. control touchpad which will bring up the menu and you can choose to quit.
2. go to applications then utilities and open activity monitor find the process safari, highlight then click the grey X in the top left
3. depress command and tab which will allow you to tab thru open programs, stop when safari is highlighted. In the status bar on top to the right of the apple icon you should see safari then you can click on that to open the menu to quit or do command q Originally Posted by guinnessstout
Thank you!!! This has been the most helpful post so far. I will try that whenever I get on my computer again! I'm sure that's all I need to do. Thank you so much!! & thanks to everyone else for your feedback & advice.. I really appreciate it!
I finally got flash running and figured out on my MacBook! Thanks again guinessstout for your help

Hope you guys have a great weekend!