Best WNY steak?

Fiamma's on hertel has really good steaks Originally Posted by Peterfitzintight
Unfortunately, it has been closed:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/hungryf...-february.html
My bad. it's has been a while, longer than I thought.

Jack how do you find all this stuff so fast, simply amazing

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/hungryf...-february.html Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Thanks all for the great suggestions! I'll definitely check some of those out... as well as RC's.... I consider that close enough to WNY as its within 30 Min from me even with the border lol

Hell even the wood fired steaks they were doing at Outback wasn't too bad..... accompanied by a Foster's oil can of course And the Road House on Young that was mentioned has been pretty good every time we've gone..... provided the wait staff keeps up on bringing out the hot rolls and cinnamon butter!

(Take out country fried chicken or country fried steak dinner prior to 6pm is a great deal as well for those looking to save a buck BTW) but yeah.... a good steak is in my near future.... mmmmmmm

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/hungryf...-february.html Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Sad that I missed that one, but looks like I may be able to try the new BOSS's fairly soon..... and yeah, how do you come up with that stuff so quick? Lol

I also didn't know about the Red Mill.... have driven by it a few times but never gone in there. May have to try that too.... if they have good horseradish and can manage prime rib "dead". Bubblegum taste buds perhaps but I have never liked mine bloody.... medium is OK (pink) but I like it dead lol and at least if I ask for it well done its normally not too rare for me.
Chop House Rib-eye, med-rare hands down the best. They also de-shell the crab for you. Also they have some of the best creamed corn I have ever had. Originally Posted by naughtyfun
No kidding? Worth going just for the corn, eh?
I am one of those uncoordinated people that can starve to death at an all you can eat crab leg joint. And simply destroy the legs attempting to get the meat out making a major mess. Thank god for bread sticks....

So what? They "de-shell" the crab? Hmmmm.... may have to try it..... this was about steaks, but I'm not against a good surf n turf
Gaij, to each his own but did my shoulders ever slump when you said medium is okay. The good news you don't have to be as discerning at well done. I get frustrated by the number of places I ask if they can do a piece of meat rare, they say they can, and then the thing is so thin it probably wasn't rare after the butcher cut it. At least you don't have to worry about that. Enjoy!
I like my steak rare. A good restaurant should have thick enough cuts to accommodate that preference routinely. I also like my prime rib rare, but it is possible for the restaurant to run out of it.

I like beef tartare too.

For having steak at home, I sometimes get the chuck eye. It is almost as good in taste and texture as the rib eye, but considerably cheaper. Wegmans has it, although not all the time.
Best steak sandwich in buffalo is hands down at the stinky pink. You laugh, but it is great.

I like texas roadhouse. chop house is solid, and there is always scotch and sirloin.
Chop House Rib-eye, med-rare hands down the best. They also de-shell the crab for you. Also they have some of the best creamed corn I have ever had. Originally Posted by naughtyfun

I could not agree more.... That is why I am going back Monday!!!!! If you like Rack of Lamb it is hands down the best. Their creamed spinach is also excellent.
Wagyu (phony Kobe beef) strip steaks are consistently good. They occasionally pop up off menu. Have had them at Black and Blue and the Buffalo Club. Slightly pricey LOL.
If you like Rack of Lamb it is hands down the best. Originally Posted by faith28
I love Rack of Lamb. In addition to several popular restaurants, I sometimes enjoy having it more casually at Toro Tapas Bar. Also, the ready-to-eat Rack of Lamb at Trader Joe's is surprisingly acceptable.
Know you guys were looking at Buffalo area, but if you want the best steak. Drive to Rochester
and go to Tourndos. Better than RC's. Just be prepared to spend all your allowence.
Used to be Adams Steak House on Como Park Blvd, but they're closed. Danny's South's steaks are petty good and their Buffalo Wing soup is even better.
Seeing that I travel to Rochester often I had to look at the Menu for Tournedos. I know my next place for dinner when I return.
Gaij, to each his own but did my shoulders ever slump when you said medium is okay. The good news you don't have to be as discerning at well done. I get frustrated by the number of places I ask if they can do a piece of meat rare, they say they can, and then the thing is so thin it probably wasn't rare after the butcher cut it. At least you don't have to worry about that. Enjoy! Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
My Dad always said I had bubblegum tastebuds lol

I'm the guy at Thanksgiving that's overjoyed when the Turkey is "too done" and dry. Mmmmmm

In some ways I have deeply hurt and disappointed my Father, I know.

Pink is fine in a good steak.... I just don't care for bloody. Guess that goes for hobbying too! Lol