Beware of Valet Parking

tranny + lost key = lame threAD.
[H]ad a ....session at an upscale hotel .....left the car... with valet........
.............................. .............................. .............................. ......................
When I came out, .............................. .............................. ...........
They could not find the key.

.............................. ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.............................. .........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
.............................. .......?????????????????????
First they denied there ever was a key .........................
.............................. ......................???????? ?????
.............................. ...........................
They pulled out every set of keys ................. and mine was not there.
They roamed around looking for it on the ground. . . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

............................ Fortunately I had the extra set........................... .............................. .............................. ....................
.............................. .............................. .............................. ....................
.............................. .............................. .............................. ....................
...asked to see the manager on duty.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>.>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He got defensive >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
and .......... refused to help >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So I called the police. Ten minutes later a unit arrived. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They found the key about ten minutes later.................. on the fob of a HONDA which has a similar key.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!! !!!??????????????!>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>???

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BEWARE of VALET PARKING! Originally Posted by absolut
Fixed that for you.

R
ewRote it deleting all that was not absolutely necessary. Pardon the literary license, but I thinck Rule 367 speaks directly to wasting bandwidth either by multiple posts or lengthy diatribes whining to excess about 48 1/2 minute sessions, number of condoms available, and valet losing a key. Lucky for you, it's one the mods oft overlook, so you should be okay.

FWIW - Thancks for the warning, though. That much is appreciated - truly.

P.S. Frustrating (and arguably Alert worthy) as the situation may have been, it's not like it was .... I don't know .....maybe if you were, say.... self-destructing and powerless to stop. In need of recovery and health before you destroyed what remained of your life.

Now THAT would warrant a lengthy diatribe.

Or, if this were as close to 'rock bottom' as you wished to be. If you were likely to destroy yourself literally.

But trying to seek retribution against the Director of Security to the point where the Police "disallowed" you from even approaching him? That is not the answer.

You should have just turned around 180 degrees and reentered the path toward recovery of health and integrity. Do like I do whenever faced with a confrontational scenario. Just ask yourself: "What would Randy Rogue do?" Always works for me!
I know the hotel and I am sending Boardman's ex over in the morning!!

Snake.jpg
Man + tranny = "fanny pack"
rotfflmao.
who'd you go see anyways ? ha
Man + tranny = "fanny pack" Originally Posted by lizardking
With all due respect ... wrong.

= "tranny pack"!

Alternatively: "packing tranny"....?
No, I believe the tranny will pack the fanny.
And . . . so goes the story of the sob with the fob.
I never valet. They will damage and/or stink up your car. They will track dirt and mud into it. They will steal anything out of it they can. Absolut's car would have been stolen within a day or two if the valets had been successful in stealing the key. Calling LE re. the theft was the only correct move and the only move that got the key back and the theft averted.

In short, fck a bunch of valets.
You got balls man, calling cops. But again you have nothing to be afraid.

I use valet only when I drive cheap ass car. When I have my 'special wheels'. I only park it myself. I don't let anyone drive. But most people do the opposite. They buy an expensive car and let some guy, whose car is '85 model honda civic, drive that and ruin it.

I never understand when I see a line of expensive cars lining up for valet.

Valet should be for cheap cars only.
Did you ever complain to the hotel general manager? Seems like something fishy is going on there. Originally Posted by Mike Meatmaster
As soon as it was apparent they had indeed lost the key, I stepped inside and asked to see the Hotel Gen Mgr. One supposed 'manager' told me he was not on the premises at that time of night. Another Supervisor was finally found by the HPD who began taking some information as an incident report. The key would cost well over 100, and the cops said they would accept my charges of theft against the hotel. Hearing that changed somebody's tune in the hotel office or staff and they found the key.

Regards balls, I have never been in short supply. Not looking for trouble, but not one to shy away or back off. All part of being oil field trash I suppose. I have found it does not take that much sand to look down a bully.

As I said, the key would cost well over 100, and the cops said they would accept my charges of theft against the hotel. Hearing that changed somebody's tune in the hotel office and they found the key.

That will be the last time I use valet parking at a hotel.
That is the reason I posted this thread. Beware that what happened to me can happen to you.

If you are not a registered guest, you can only identify yourself as a visitor in the hotel or be found a liar. As a visitor, you may be ignored, unless you know how to enforce your rights. What I asked for, what I insisted on was receiving either my key or some kind of receipt by which the hotel took responsibility for its employee's negligence. I never spoke of whom I saw or other purpose or location of my visit.

You make your case with appropriate firmness you can prevail.
Or you can let them run you over and run you off, and one morning wake up and find your new car has been stolen with the key that was "lost" at the hotel. Don't think it doesn't happen.

Make of it what you wish. I write to express. And if you do not like my writing style, I suggest you avoid the aggravation and just pass over my threads and reviews. But never mind. My IGNORE list will grow by one or two shortly.
I never valet. They will damage and/or stink up your car. They will track dirt and mud into it. They will steal anything out of it they can. Absolut's car would have been stolen within a day or two if the valets had been successful in stealing the key. Calling LE re. the theft was the only correct move and the only move that got the key back and the theft averted.

In short, fck a bunch of valets. Originally Posted by NorthWood

Damned straight!
Thanks for the warning. I also don;t trust valet. I have a coworker who used to valet during his younger days and he admitted that most valet dudes go through people's stuff inside the car, didn't mention stealing keys though.

Because of that, if he has no choice other than valet, he pays the valet but parks the car himself, and I also do the same.
The situation could turn very ugly. If the police somehow needs you to verify that you are a guess at the hotel, you would have to call out your provider who registered at the hotel to vouch for you.

In that case, you have to get the her name right since you cannot give names like Ms. ilovetodou or Ms. spankmehard. I am sure the provider would be running out the back door as soon as you call her to come see the police LOL.

Well, again you have some balls. You got you key back.