Burner phones

i use a hushed ap number. ap doesnt even show up on my main screen. can use any area code you want. dirt cheap and you dont have to explain a 2nd phone
I got a call on my burner phone that I answered and a guy said hello. I hung up but he called back and I didn’t answer. I googled the number and it traced back to the K. C. FBI main line. I promptly closed the number but I think it may have been scam since it was a month ago and, knock on wood, nothing since. I know scams are widespread but anybody have an experience like that? Truly not even a big hobbyist let alone anything else.
[QUOTE=Wentright;1062764880]I got a call on my burner phone that I answered and a guy said hello. I hung up but he called back and I didn’t answer. I googled the number and it traced back to the K. C. FBI main line. I promptly closed the number but I think it may have been scam since it was a month ago and, knock on wood, nothing since. I know scams are widespread but anybody have an experience like that? /QUOTE]

The other day, my real world iPhone rang, the caller id showed it was me calling myself. There's so much spoofing of numbers going on. I don't worry about it much. I also never answer a number that isn't in my contacts nor I'm not expecting a call from. Fascinating how 99% of the callers don't leave a voicemail.
  • moman
  • 03-02-2022, 10:49 PM
Go to Walmart and buy a tracphone. You can get a smartphone cheap. Pay with cash. Buy your card with cash. Never use wifi at your residence or work. And get yourself a protonmail email set up if you haven't already and only use for hobby.
Straighttalk wireless. Same as TracFone, but I believe Walmart owns them. Pay as you go and can grab phones from Walmart. No account to set up.
Check out Clark Howard's website for cheap phones, don't know if they would be considered "burners" but all levels of plans are shown there.

Best Cell Phone Plans in 2022 For Any Budget