Clients cancelling last minute

• hd
  • 11-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Your best bet is just to vent your frustration and move on. Keep your own DNS list but don't make it public knowledge, you'll appear vindictive to we clients. You're in the service industry and you are wanting our business.

I had a hottie from CA visiting and canceled on me while showering prior to meeting her within the hour. Pissed me off, but I called one of the AMPS and then got dressed and went to see one of my favorites. But the lady did call back saying she could see me after all, and damn right I declined. She's on my DNS list now.

There are many variables in play with we clients as opposed to providers that factor in to our routine and scheduling. Unfortunately you providers just have to deal with it in this bizz.

If I was to say I'm not 100% sure about showing up for our appoint. I'm guessing you'd say call back when you're positive. Accepting anything less then a "yes, I'll be there" is just asking for more cancelations
Had a provider last minute cancel on me cuz a regular called. Hey, at least she was honest! Sometimes, you just have to be content with Plan B status.
I am sorry she did that to you. That's really shitty.
I am blacklisting on my end not on a specifc webiste. For my records. I should have made that clear Originally Posted by Noelshaker
That would have been better. Many people choose a different approach. For example, one last minute cancellation is understandable, but if he does it again, he'll need to pay a deposit up front to schedule again. But it's entirely up to you, not us, how you choose to run your business. As long as you're not going to post on some national blacklist, most people will probably understand and accept, even if they don't agree with your approach.

I just wish they would have said they were not 100 percent sure. Originally Posted by Noelshaker
I'm curious about how you would use that information. If you still schedule, you may not be as surprised by the last minute cancellation but you'll still be inconvenienced. Is it just to avoid the surprise? I guess you could double-book, or cancel on Joe (who wasn't 100% sure) if you later get a request from Ed (who is 100% sure). That might avoid inconvenience for you as well as the surprise. But it does inconvenience the client, so he has a disincentive to tell you he's not 100% sure.
Honestly never had to deal with this issue as much as a do here in Dallas. I don't mind them cancelling. My issue Is with the last minute cancel. 4 last minute cancellation. That is ridiculous. This is not to say all of dallas is this way because everyone else I've met is great. These bad habits need to stop Dallas. I have a very low tolerance for last minute cancellation. This highly effects my business and life. It's rude and unprofessional. We treat you with respect so we deserve the same. I will not ever see a person that last minute canceled. I will also blacklist them so men if you book and are not exactly sure then tell us its not a for sure. It will save you. Originally Posted by Noelshaker
I am blacklisting on my end not on a specifc webiste. For my records. I should have made that clear Originally Posted by Noelshaker
I got cancelled on 4 times but I also had 3 others trying to book but couldn't because the times were booked so the idea that its tied to my specific market is not true. Also I have great reviews and my regulars love me. To try and blame me doesn't make sence. 1 bad review from a crazy will not mess up my rep. I have no worries just trying to give dallas men a little insight on how to deal with booking if your not 100% sure you can make it. Originally Posted by Noelshaker

Run your business as you wish. I hope providers recognize your black list is not to be trusted at face value ijs Lots of things could have happenned. At least hobbiest now know the repercussions of not following thru
  • hd
  • 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I believe that's what happened with me. My suspicions tell me she canceled on me to see a regular client or for a longer appointment, then he canceled and she called me back.

I had even met her at a small get-together a few months prior, so she knew me, we both had made an impression on each other, a very nice looking woman, much like yourself Noel, and you even more so. But because of that , I would not recommend her if asked about her.

Probably one of the reasons I deal less and less with indies and more with amps.
Things happen its a part of the business and it does go both ways sometimes we have to cancel for whatever reason.

Yes it sucks hun but going on a rant about it does not help your business at all and trust me it happens everywhere not just in Dallas.
  • Sami
  • 11-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Agreed! The beast of the biz.

Things happen its a part of the business and it does go both ways sometimes we have to cancel for whatever reason.

Yes it sucks hun but going on a rant about it does not help your business at all and trust me it happens everywhere not just in Dallas. Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
regardless of what type of business one might operate, cancellations, including last minute, are realities of being in business. you can attempt to manage them but it is futile to believe that you can eliminate them. further, you can drive away loyal customers when your policies are too rigid.

happy thanksgiving.
As others have stated sweetie, you're free to run your business as you please. However, your post was somewhat inflammatory, whether you think so or not, and you shouldn't be surprised when you get negative responses. Every guy on here has been cancelled on at the last minute, but we don't all throw out angry posts about it.
Relax okay it wasn't that serious. I was stating my opinion. Some guys on her are so rude and I'm glad I read what some of you understanding people had to say. All I'm saying is I've noticed when people prebook in advance they tend to cancel. I understand that's the biz but if I can stop my biz from losing money over cancellations I will. The deposit idea is great btw thanx honey.
Noel,

You are cute, and I am sure you are worth every penny you charge. Bet you are a lot of fun in bed and elsewhere.

Yes, you should have been a bit more explicit on your blacklist comment. Blacklist has a bad connotation in these parts. What you really meant was they go on your DNS list. That's fine with me. (Sorry, but still not planning on seeing you as you fail my minimum age requirements anyway.)

To be honest, I don't schedule with touring ladies for the very reason you bring up. I know life happens, and I don't want to have you make a special trip to see me and then I have to cancel.

I typically will schedule in advance with local ladies and I do everything I can to arrange my schedule so that nothing will interfere. That is one of the reasons I prefer early AM appointments. If a lady is the first thing on my list, then I can tell my real world that I have an appointment I cannot miss, but my real world work life never gets a chance to interfere in my hobby life. First things first, so to say.
Thanx tigercat your sweet. I appreciate your comment and yes I should have said DNS but I'm still kinda new so I didn't know what that was till now.
Relax okay it wasn't that serious. I was stating my opinion. Some guys on her are so rude and I'm glad I read what some of you understanding people had to say. All I'm saying is I've noticed when people prebook in advance they tend to cancel. I understand that's the biz but if I can stop my biz from losing money over cancellations I will. The deposit idea is great btw thanx honey. Originally Posted by Noelshaker
I myself prebrook in advance because I am a vampire and for me to cancel is extremely rare and best believe a make-up session will follow It is your business but requesting deposits I am not sure is the way to go. You mentioned the majority of your dallas clients show up and treat you well. If that is the case why change your policy
You know, life gets in the way, kids, clients, cars, trains, spouses, traffic...let's cut to the chase. That's all BS. Everyone who can't show when they're supposed to should have seen anything short of a building explosion or jail coming. It wouldn't hurt for wankers on both sides of this issue to get "suspended" or "black listed" for a couple of weeks for bad booking behavior. Like, you don't show up to work or school, you get probated for a while.

But then that's fantasy like everything else on here, right?

She has a right to stick her California Howdy finger up at anybody who no-shows, last minute cancels or is a jerk. Just like people who always have an excuse can not book with her for fear of getting on the list. If you can't play, don't sign up.

Honestly, I think NCNS and last minute cancels are a little psych game being played. I think appointments are often made to be cancelled. Like furniture stores that open to go out of business. Sort of like, "Well, I know he/she'll see me now, so I don't have to follow through". The "just a ho/just a john" mentality. It's a shame that runs like a river through this hobby, but in truth, that's the actual fact....

If you don't really want to see or be seen, put the phone down and save everybody a lot of time.